the Rift

[OPEN] A Breath of Fresh Air (Welcoming)

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Dead men tell no tales.

I breathe out long and fed up. Tallsun was here in all its fiery glory without much respite and I find myself lingering in the shadows of objects more than ever. I had discovered many ways to take cover; bows of trees, beside big boulders and under the mountain, anywhere that would give me respite from this blistering heat. It was in one of these shrouded places that I found a smooth stone, nestled away and apparently all alone. I was going to leave it; after all, it’s not like me to take trinkets or invaluable things with me. I travelled light, as my slender body wouldn’t allow much else. Yet, there was something about this stone that was different from all others, it wasn’t rough for a start, as if someone had buffed it clean of rough edges. It didn’t really smell of musty rock either and rather foreign that I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. I don’t like being uncertain, I like to know what things are and why they are like so, only then does my heartbeat normally and peacefully. Yet, this rock was odd and it was slowly beginning to get on my nerves. So much so that I was considering throwing it off a cliff to see what happened when it smashed or if it smashed for that matter.

I sometimes rolled it around the Falls but mainly left it in secret places that I hoped no one knew or knew little of like the odd crack in the stone or the holes in trees. It was bothersome to carry around and as I rolled it out on this brutal summers day, I stared at it in exasperation. I really, desperately wanted to leave it and forget about it, but that had become futile the day I had taken a second glance at it. It was something annoying and it was bugging me, there was no forgetting this useless object and it pissed me off. I would have probably have grumbled over it for the rest of the day had I not heard a voice climbing down into the herd land.

Attention grabbed, I look up from my previous distraction and scope out the owner. I find it is a rather large mare of grey colour and I faintly recognize her face from a herd meeting past but that was all. I knew not her name nor rank, but the fact she was a family member drew a faint smile to my lips and a quiet nod in her direction as I move onto her fellow traveller whom had just been welcomed. Another mare whose bodily makeup was much like my own, a black and red tone, but the world had blessed this one with far more feather and muscle than me. This pathetic skinny body was slowly becoming on of my most hated possessions along with this stupid rock! "Are you joining our herd?" I enquire with curiosity laced into my words, it had been a month or so since I had met with a new member. "I’m Ghost, Cza- oh" crack.

A frown crossed my face and slowly I cast my gaze downwards to view the previously inactive stone, which was in fact not a stone apparently. It writhed this way and that, seemingly annoyed at something and I wonder if I have annoyed this once inanimate object. More chipped away from the shell until a bundle of fluff fell from it and my mouth simultaneously pursed into a thin line.

Now what am I meant to do with a wolf?

@[December]
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
A Breath of Fresh Air (Welcoming) - by December - 02-17-2015, 02:52 PM
RE: A Breath of Fresh Air (Welcoming) - by Risa - 02-17-2015, 08:42 PM