the Rift

[OPEN] A Breath of Fresh Air (Welcoming)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Forever a sentinel.

Would that I could reverse the sun, wind back the spindle of time; correct my misguided faults -- the future was rarely how we pleaded it to be. All that remained was to brace against uncertain comings. Each held for their mistakes, actions; though I tried to be merciful regardless. Mortal hearts are fickle, constantly changing, altering, backstabbing over the tiniest altercation that didn't suit their needs. Fina chirped softly, her eyes upon the back of my neck with strained compassion.

"Thee doesn't need to please them all..."

"I know," a dry answer....even as these lips move to form words at a whisper.

"Yet, ye still makes effort?" She countered with equal tone. I didn't reply, there was no need. Fina sighed and looked away, discouraged; as her bonded was. Neve glanced our way and smiled before tucking her crown back into the curve of one wing.

_____

From uptop my cliff overlook I catch hold of a pair managing the stone pathway into the Fall's; they trail from the darkened forest that lay south. My gaze sits kindly upon the light colored woman, who'd recently been made a soldier. Her silverly pelt is a stark contrast to the vibrant colors of our home. Aye, she seemed better suited for snow and ice, as Neve was. December, the lass was called. Her effort in the hold produce a noticeable harvest, aye, another joins our ranks -- (which have been swelling with foals.)

Brows furrow, I'm concerned by our lack of troop...we needed more warriors. Fighting folk already skilled in the crude art of bloodshed and honor. Many of this family bore talent in shadow play. Settling upon December's dark company, I set my jaw and allow gilden pinions to unfurl. Skilled eyes would gauge the worth of this newblood. Fina slides toward heaven, her body a flaming streak of light. My feathers spread to the wind, catching a breeze that carries me gracefully down to their level. A welcoming smile has already touched my face, it softens any lines of discontent that might still be present. Ebony talons find my spine, Fina roosts, watching my company with a casual scowl upon her face.

Ghost had slide in among them on my way down, brows rise and a widder beam caresses my lips higher, "Hail Ghost."

"Well met to ye two," a polite nod to them both; though these eyes turn to December, "Yar, welcome home." Gaze shifts comfortably to the coal colored lass, "Thee brings company?" An unknown echo of the question my colead had just asked. My attention is drawn to the egg at Ghost's feet, it rocks back and forth, breaking apart. What emerges is not a creature of feather or scale, but one of fur.

Word Count;;462
OOC;;Ghost beat me lololol
TAG;; @[December]

image credits
- table by Niki -
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
A Breath of Fresh Air (Welcoming) - by December - 02-17-2015, 02:52 PM
RE: A Breath of Fresh Air (Welcoming) - by Risa - 02-17-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: A Breath of Fresh Air (Welcoming) - by Ghost - 02-18-2015, 11:16 AM
RE: A Breath of Fresh Air (Welcoming) - by Midas - 02-18-2015, 11:18 AM