Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
So.

Hot.

So very hot.

It is unbearably hot.

I have flown too far and much too hard in this heat. Without a breeze nor a cloud in a sky there is no release from the Tallsun weather. A sheen of sweat tickles my hide. I blink as a drop of sweat drips into my eye. Ew.

My raindrop charm almost seems to work harder at putting out its cool water droplets. But despite its hard work I am afraid that its droplets are small and are not enough to combat against the heat that pour down today. I wish that it was rain that was pouring down instead.

My flight muscles quiver and strain. My feathers search desperately for an uplifting breeze. The scorching sun seems to happily sap away my strength along with that of every other poor soul in its reach to fuel his fires with even more heat. I love the God of the Sun dearly, but I do wish that he would rein his oversized overzealous minion in. It has gotten to be harder and harder to remain in flight but landing is not an option at the moment. Closely bunched trees pss by beneath me. A landing upon one of them is not an option, my birdlike qualities only go so far, and they are pressed too close together for a landing between. But I have come to know the Grove well, and soon I will pass over the pond. Near to the pond is a small clearing that would be perfect.

Just a little farther.

A bit more.

Almost!

Yes! I am over the pond and so close to the planned landing space that I can see it. But the gods all laugh in the face of plans. My muscles give out.

They give out halfway across the pond. My adrenaline is late to the party and I am nearly in the water whenever I begin to start kicking and flapping wildly. I try my best to climb back into the sky. Instead I plop into the water and I sink like a rock.

In the beginning I sink in exhaustion. Then I sink in shock. Once my hindquarters hit against the pond's bottom filled with wonder for the little world that suddenly surrounds me. Time slows; it almost seems to stop completely. Fish of every shape and size swim together in schools. Strange plants flourish. Sunlight filters into the water's depths and dances in a way that I have never seen it before.

Only an ear's distance before me a fish looks to be just as surprised as I am and I am left unsure if his eyes naturally bulge so or if my sudden visit had surprised him that much. I suppose the dislike of unannounced visitors is universal for all species. I give the startled fish a tip of my ear in greeting and apology before springing to the surface for much needed air.

Pulling myself from the water I snuffle on some that I got in my nose and laugh. Bright eyed and dripping in water I look around to see if anyone is nearby to hear of what I had seen while visiting the fish.

@[Alysanne] I cannot believe that we never threaded. I would love for you and anyone else that wants to drop in.
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine
AISLING
my friend makes rings, she swirls and sings
she’s a mystic in the sense that she’s still mystified by things
Helovia was a wonderful place, Aisling had decided, even if the summer sun was a bit strong. Her latest adventure on the enormous ship built by a GOD had been another to add to her collection of tales she might one day put into song. Though she looked forward to traveling Helovia with Finn and Kvothe, both seemed to have other business just now so Aisling had contented herself with exploring on daytrips. She called no place ‘home’, per say, but the Secret Grove seemed to have become her base of operations for the time being. And why shouldn’t it? IT was by far the most beautiful place she’d seen, so soft and romantic, the trees and pond offered a break from the unusually warm weather, and her Troupe would know to find her here when they next convened.

She stood contentedly in the shallows to one side of the pond, letting the cool water play about her hooves and she gazed off into the middle-distance, lulled into waking dreams by the soft swish of whispering willows. In the shady grove, the young princess of the faeries waited for the handsome mortal. Here is where they had first met and so it was here they had planned to meet in secret to run away together. It had been love at first sight… The faerie had emerged from the water in laughter only to find she was no longer alone in the willow-grove. The fair-haired wanderer had stopped to rest at the water’s edge and had been just as surprised to find himself with company. When their eyes had met…

SPLASH!

The sound of the body hitting the water was enough to pull the little mare from her daydreams. Her smokey eyes focused just in time to see the speckled pegasus sink beneath the surface, leaving only wide ripples in her wake.

“Faith and Beggorah!” came her startled cry, heavily accented with the lilt of her homeland. Short legs picked themselves up to splash as quickly as they could around the edge of the water. When she was as close as she could get that way to where the creature had disappeared under the water, Aisling plunged in till the water was up just past her belly. She waited anxiously, face stricken, for the pegasus to reappear but for what seemed like an eternity, saw only bubbles rise from the ponds center.

Though it hadn’t been nearly long enough, the excitable little mare began to despair of the tragedy she was surely witnessing. She’s drowned! Fallen from the sky to a watery grave! Before she could let out a sob however, a head broke the water and Aisling recognized the masked mare she had seen with Kvothe near this very spot. She let out a gentle sigh of relief when it was clear the swimmer was laughing and not screaming for rescue.

“Are you alright there?” she called out, just to be sure she could not be of assistance. She wasn’t sure exactly what help she could offer. She was a strong enough swimmer on her own, but she’d be no use for hauling anyone else out of the water. Still, helpful is and helpful does!

- - -

Actions in the living world.
Daydreams and foolish fantasies.
“Words spoken aloud.”
Table style by Tamme!
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

The decision to leave the relative cool coast of the Edge, where she could stand in the shade of great pines and firs and feel the breeze of the ocean, had not been an easy one. But Alysanne was feeling restless a little more than usual lately. It was a need to get out, to explore, to meet new friends that she was not lying to. Again her thoughts turned to Voodoo but she was not yet brave enough to take the venture to the Throat to see him and explain. Would it matter to him, what she had done?

No, her legs took her somewhere else. When she had left with Hemlock perched on her head, there had been no firm destination in her mind but soon she recognized the woods. They were on their way to the grove - this weather was just perfect for a swim in the small lake. Maybe it would be good to revisit this place, revisit the memories of when she had swam through here with Mikey and everything was simple. As the woods began to thin out, the sight of a spotted pegasus flying above them caught Alysanne’s attention. Perhaps a new friend that she could meet today? If she landed near by…

“Oh!” To her shock, quite suddenly the winged mare dropped out of the sky right in the vicinity of the lake that was a little way ahead still. “Hemlock, please hurry ahead.” The little owl was already flying toward the pond to check and see if the pegasus had made it out of the water okay. She was close behind, hurrying in the sweltering heat - even that small burst of energy made it feel as though she had run all the way from the Edge to here.

Hemlock circled above the lake, keeping an eye out, and reported back when he saw her surfacing. Alysanne arrived at the shore just in time to see the pegasus walk out from the water, immediate relief washing over her as there did not appear to be any injuries. Another mare was there, pale grey, showing the same concern that Alysanne felt herself and she stopped near these strangers with a worried expression. There was no need to repeat the question already stated, so she waited eagerly for a response.

@[Rei]

please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries