the Rift

[OPEN] mareld;

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

He had given only a brief, mute nod to her request, before looking at her with the utmost curiosity. Had his curiosity been quelled when she had spilled out her entire life story upon them in the cool sand, laid her soul out before him in an attempt to simply give someone trust, to show that she truly had nothing to hide? Perhaps that was why she had been so unafraid to tell him anything; to prove that she could be trusted. She never felt the need to hide her past from anyone, it was a story that others could either learn from or relate to, and she often used it so she could bond closer to others with a common understanding. If only that common understand had been anything but pain. The tears kept falling and they wouldn't stop, she no longer tried and only turned to watch expectantly, waiting for his reaction. Everyone took to her so differently it seemed, good or bad she wasn't sure, but in her experiences with those of Helovia, in one way or another she had connected to someone, even through the smallest of things.

He was putting his maw against her neck then, causing her to jump suddenly in surprise. The man who seemed so aloof and disconcerted about anything deeper than conversation was now attempting to close the gap, to bring her comfort in his own way, and it sent something through her. Turning hazel eyes to him, wide with tears still hanging delicately along the edges she blinked, before slowly bringing herself into his chest. She was tentative at first; unsure if this was what he had intended for, or if he had simply wanted to comfort her with distant caresses, so as not to bring her close. She would try though, to let him know that she did in fact trust him, only hoping that he would trust her in return. Despite all the pain that oozed from her being, she couldn't stop speaking, even if he had asked her to. He had asked for her story, and so she must finish it.

"I was playing one day," she began again, this time much more calmly than before, the tears beginning to ebb but the sorrow still evident in her tone," Mother had told me not to run too far, but the squirrel I had been playing with was running further away and I just had to catch him." She paused and let a wistful smile escape her, for such a need was frivolous now in this moment; this lifetime," I went after it into the woods and eventually lost sight of Mother. I knew I would find her again, and kept going until I lost the squirrel. Since I was already in the woods, I figured I would search for some herbs for us to use. I had gathered a few when suddenly... there was a bright light. Fascinated I went to go see what the cause of it was; only to find a beautiful pool of water." The moment was crystal clear in her mind, as if she were experiencing it right then, the way her eyes had shown in excitement and curiosity, and how she had longed to delve inside the bright waters to see the other side.

She hadn't known there would be consequences, that once she went in she would never be allowed to come back. She would have never gone down there in the first place if she knew then what she had known now, because then she would have Mother. She would have had her tender blue eyes staring at her lovingly as she grew up at her side, she would have had someone warm next to her every night when she slept. Nightmares would no longer mean anything, as Mother would brush them away with tender kisses and doting, soft nickers. Her world would be a much simpler one, with no companions or magic or pretty butterfly wings. It would just be her and Mother; forever. Blinking back additional tears she sighed, looking up at the spotted brute with a kind, genuine smile, the sadness in her gaze still present, but no longer as intense as before. She stepped back softly, kindly, so as to let him know that she meant nothing by it, simply wanted to look at him when she concluded her tale.

" I was a silly little child, like all foals my age are. I walked in to see what would happen, and suddenly I was in Helovia. Not only that-" she turned her head to gaze at her slightly parted wings, fluttering them again before looking back at him," I had gotten some new appendages. It had been... surprising to say the least when I first came here, but I just knew that there was magic in this land and that was the cause of it. So ... I suppose that is my tale. Are there any other questions you have me before I ask mine?"

She waited with a pleasant smile, no longer joyful, but simply there for the sake of being there as she had been taught to do. Even in her sad moments, manners were still important, and no one enjoyed looking at a sad child when they talked to them. So she kept still, nodding her head and listening to his questions, answering them when he was finished before finally moving on to hers. With a soft giggle she stepped forward, looking a little closer at his face with her own muzzle outreached, as if it would help her inspect him more. The spots on his face, his brilliantly blue eyes, and the faint glow from his horn mostly likely gave him an eerie look, but to her it was simply fascinating. She let her gaze wander every crevice in his bone structure, took note of where his skin pulled taut and where it had grown loose with age. She drank in every little detail of that plain expression of his, the one that hid emotions so flawlessly, before finally speaking in a softer, curious tone," Why do you hide yourself behind such an emotionless expression?"

"Speech"

OOC: If you feel that I was incorrect of my "inspection" of him through Myrrine let me know and I can nix it or change it, I tried to make it vague so as to leave you room to interpret where she was looking etc. If it's not a big deal cool, but I thought I would at least let you know should you have any issues xD. Also, feel free to touch her (not in that way but ya know, no need to be concerned whether or not it's okay lol)
TAG: Mauja
WC: 1040

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Messages In This Thread
mareld; - by Mauja - 02-18-2015, 04:43 PM
RE: mareld; - by Myrrine - 02-18-2015, 05:11 PM
RE: mareld; - by Mauja - 02-19-2015, 04:41 AM
RE: mareld; - by Mauja - 02-23-2015, 12:31 PM