the Rift

[OPEN] Little ray of sunlight
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

midas
LINES IN THE SAND
Immense joy quivers in the back of my throat, it momentarily sinks to swell my chest with pride. I sought with every fiber of this being to hold our priceless moment of wordless affection in a timeless embrace. As all children, she is an untarnished soul. A lamb. Our selfless surrender had brought a lovely moral into this cruel world -- my selfish flesh had once again suckled the tempting lure of passion, and here lay its result.

Beautiful.

A soft exhale drifts past my lips as a sigh, a prayer; the warmth from the scented breath settles to mingle with those telling fragrances of birth and youth. I'm lost within those gilden rimmed gems; her studying eyes are wide, vulnerable as the naked spirit peered outward. She has me chained with invisible cords, (though there is no place I'd rather be) I'm unable to break away even when the child shifts for the second time to peer at the figurehead she'd come to call, Ma.

Her feeble cry makes its way across the quiet eve; that frail frame, so small and helpless, it strains out of instinct -- insistence and a raw desire that demanded swift answer. First milk would ensure survival. With scarcely time to glance over, Africa had already moved to tend to our cherub. Encouraging her to stand, suckle. I grinned and leaned over as the baby latched to her mother for the first of many feedings to come. My muzzle drifts to Africa, gently stroking her vulnerable neck and bodily pressing against the flaming silk.

A light chuckle fills the cavern in response to her evaluation, "Aye, praise Earth. No more, no less." Crown dips lower and beyond her shoulder, I pause below the unheated flames that lick a humid path along her spine. A bald spot sits alone with its pinkish scar glowing a faint silver in the dim light. I'm sure her memory of it sits forefront on more than one occasion, always a virus within the conscious mind. "Four legs," another warm laugh, richly deep, "Two eyes, two ears." Yar, very normal, "and her Ma's, eyes."

"What will we call her?"
image credit

Word count: 358
@[Africa]
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Little ray of sunlight - by Africa - 02-18-2015, 07:50 PM
RE: Little ray of sunlight - by Midas - 02-19-2015, 05:38 PM
RE: Little ray of sunlight - by Africa - 02-23-2015, 10:43 PM
RE: Little ray of sunlight - by Midas - 02-24-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: Little ray of sunlight - by Zahra - 02-25-2015, 06:08 PM
RE: Little ray of sunlight - by Africa - 02-25-2015, 07:09 PM