the Rift

[PRIVATE] we were young,, we didn't care --

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

After boarding the boat we found ourselves in a beautiful room, perfectly accompanied for a day of relaxation and enjoyment. I had been awestruck by the perfection of it all, aware that there was still a room better than ours. Phantom and I had settled in and awaited the time when we could return to our homes, to a new, cleansed Helovia. I give Phantom a true, delighted smile as I lay myself down, Yseult hopping towards Phantom excitedly to roost with her, screeching and giving little joyful peeps as she looks at Phantom hesitantly. I could feel the emotions the zephyr felt, crashing together in a mix of confusion, hesitation and a need to provide company. Whether Phantom wanted Yseult to perch on her withers was all up to her, small dual-wings fluttering pathetically to exaggerate her want.

With my eyelids growing heavy, I smile and huff, muttering something like goodnight, before closing my eyes and feeling sleep grasp me, but it was a loose hold and I still felt my conscious thoughts invading my peace. Thoughts of all the wonders the future holds for Aurelia and I, the child we'll soon be able to conceive. A smile plays its way upon my lips as I feel the gentle sway of the boat, the thundering rain above and the sweet sounds of others enjoying themselves upon the boat. I had to find Aurelia, to lay beside her and sleep, to whisper sweetest nothings to her. Where was she now, I wonder?

I awake slowly, eyes blink, weight no longer rolling side to side, ears perking at the sound of shuffling hooves. I eye Phantom with a horned brow raised, rising to see what everyone was doing. I come to find that the flood is over, Helovia has been restored. A grin flashes, growing eager to see Helovia after the flood, noticing that charms had been laid out, I suppose for those who had given their best efforts. I take one, Yseult aiding in tying it into my mane, bundled beneath the golden feathers. I hurry off the boat, praying Phantom followed. A smile dances over my lips as crimson lightning laps at the green grass at my hooves, wings sliding open, the aches in my bones eased as I open them. I turn to talk to Phantom, to thank her for all that she'd done for me and to leave her with a gift.

"Thank you for everything," my smile is bright and delicate, my stomach knotting with fear for leaving such a precious companion behind. "I hope we meet again one day, whether it be by accident or purpose, although uhm- probably by accident—" I glance to my wing, reaching forth to pull from it a long, slender red feather, speckled with pale patches. Perfect, I look Phantom in the eye and offer a smile. The colours were very similar, although my feather was a shade or so lighter, but it'll do. The tweak of pain fades away to a dull throb as I offer Phantom the feather with my heart skipping beats nervously. It probably wasn't much, but I suppose it'll do. "And here's a uh- a gift for you, to show my uhm.. my gratitude for you being so tolerant of me. Especially with that father and his daughter, and my big mouth screwing shit up." Huffing a little at that, I give a dorky smile, one ear flicking back as I fearfully step closer to Phantom. Does she even want my feather? This is a little weird, having your friend give you something of theirs because you tolerated their stupidity. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this? What if she isn't even my friend? What if she's just— what if she just wanted to deal with me for the sake of not having to be alone in a cold, damp room? I stop and stare at her, mouth gaping a little with the feather hanging from my lip. "We are.. friends, right? Cause I like you— in a friend way." The last bit comes out a bit panicked, quicker than my other words. I awkwardly stutter, still trying to get used to this friendship business and speaking formally to people.

The Earth God better consider this a good enough friendship cause there's no way in hell I'm going out and doing this again.

"blah blah blah."

ooc: super awkward destry !! and phantestry strikes again !! :D
word count: 737

SquirrelyTodd.deviantart.com | TwiWolf.deviantart.com

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Phantom Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

The flood was pretty anticlimactic in Phantom's opinion. Yes, it rained. Yes, it flooded. For a day. One day. Twenty-four hours. They had been run ragged gathering materials for a flood that lasted one. Day. Most of that single day had been spent sleeping and regaining strength that had been spent gathering materials that probably hadn't even been used. The experience wasn't all bad, though, because Phantom had not been partnered with someone who wasn't worth a damn. Destry had pulled her weight, though she had not been without her missteps. That father daughter duo that they had run into, thankfully only once, had not been a shining moment for either of them. It had been that moment that Phantom had wondered if she'd teamed up with an idiot, but Destry had quickly redeemed herself. Her comanion hadn't been so bad, either, which was why she had no problem letting the creature perch on her withers while she slept.

It was all over as quickly and suddenly as it began and they all began to depart the ship. Destry was in much more of a rush than Phantom was and it made the pale mare wonder for a moment if the girl was desperate to be rid of her company. That thought was quickly banished when she found the dark mare waiting for her outside of the boat. She was as awkward as ever, stumbling through what she wanted to say. It reminded her of a fish out of water. ale ears tilted forward and her head tilted ever so slightly as Destry looked to her wing before plucking a red feather. "Doesn't that hurt?" She asked, wondering why any creature with wings would voluntarily remove a feather. She had to assume that it was the same sensation as removing a clump of fur.

"And here's a uh- a gift for you, to show my uhm.. my gratitude for you being so tolerant of me. Especially with that father and his daughter, and my big mouth screwing shit up."

A gift? Phantom had never been given a gift by anyone before just for helping them and in Dorngarrow the only pegasus feathers that were worn were those that were plucked from the creatures after they were killed. "Helovia is a strange place." She said as she looked at the feather then at Destry. What good would a feather do her? Rather than decline it, though, Phantom dipped her head to allow Destry to tuck the feather into the hair behind her ear. "Thank you." The mare said as she lifted her head.

Pantom could not help but chuckle as Destry, once again, became awkward and stumbled over her words. "Yes." she said to placate the girl. "We can be friends, though I have nothing to give you as a show of friendship." She paused for a moment and thought before speaking again. "You can come to the Basin if you need me. Just wait by the sentinels and call for me." Hopefully that would do.

"."
@[Destry]

Phantom

if only the committed will survive
is there anybody here still alive?

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

The question that tumbles from Phantom's lips stop me, eyes lifted to look at the pale mare as my wing throbbed from the place where the sleek red feather had been pulled. "Well- a little. But that's okay." I've dealt with much worse pains, one of which being the death of my father. My heart had shattered at that moment, watching blood slip from his lips and his eyes glaze over. My stomach churns as I lose myself in my wicked thoughts, remembering the awful sinking feeling within my stomach, anguish and horror washing over me as the familiar golden body had collapsed. I had felt the warmth of his body leave, seeping away into the cold stone of the caves. I hadn't been there since then, and the gods know I can't go back.

"Helovia is a strange place."

Her words pull me a little closer to reality, to the present, where I was happier and I had a beautiful mare awaiting my arrival in the Throat, and a new friend to share good times with. I smile at her, a short laugh spilling from my lips. "Yeah, it must be." I gather myself, a sweet grin growing across my features. "How long have you been in Helovia?" I ask her, the question arising and curiosity getting the better of me. For all I know, Phantom had been here for just a short few days, or she could have been here for years and I've simply never run into her before now.

She tells me that anytime I need her, to find her within the Basin. A smile crawls over my lips and I nod my head gratefully, making a mental note to wait before the sentinels of the Basin whenever I need her. "Thank you, and I am within the borders of the Throat often, so if you ever need me, wait at the border and I will come." I was grasping at some form of kindness, my words coming out a little too quickly, growing stale by the end of my sentence.

"blah blah blah."

ooc: short & late, i'm sorry !! D:
word count: 350

SquirrelyTodd.deviantart.com | TwiWolf.deviantart.com

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse