the Rift

[OPEN] What Hurts the Most

Nym Posts: 8
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 4
Watermel0nBob
Nym
life's like an hourglass glued to the table

I had become rather fond of the Thistle Meadow. The way the thistles pricked at my coat as I whisked past them, and how they clung to my feathers had at first been quite the nuisance, but now I couldn't help but find them comforting. With each step I progressed deeper into the heart of the lands, the same where the mighty task of renewing Helovia had begun. That adventure had been a rather interesting one, and although I hadn't been as involved as I would have liked, I still couldn't help but feel proud of the accomplishments I had achieved. Even though many had come to the meadow in hopes of helping the God, it had cleared out rather quickly once the floods had receded, and soon I had been alone once again.

I couldn't help but miss the noise of others, the constant buzz that had been present for only a short amount of time, but in that time I had grown quite attached. I had also enjoyed the presence of Cashmere, for despite her little quirks and quiet whisperings, she had been so kind to me, and it made me miss even just that. When was the last time someone had taken the time to just sit and talk to me? Years had passed, and it reminded me of the times that I had with Abel. Oh, beloved brother, how I missed you. Where did you even go? Did you leave because of me, or because of something else? I tried to keep those thoughts at bay with all my might, tried to push away the suspicion that it was my fault that Abel was gone, and that it wasn't something else that sent him away. The tears were falling now, and I couldn't stop them. I blinked my azure eyes rapidly to try and push them away, but they were relentless. So there I sat, in the middle of the meadow, tears running down my cheeks as my head was hung low, looking like an utter fool.

OOC: Forgive me for the utter crap WC: 341
TAG: Anyone welcome!

"Speech"

Image -- Coding
PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Please ask before attacking/maiming my character! (Void for fights)

Rue Posts: 15
Up For Adoption
Filly :: Equine :: 15.0hh :: 1.5 Years || Tallsun
Tribs
Rue Fight for your values,
  And fight for your friends
  Fight through this black
  Find the light at the end

This was really far from home

REALLY far.

Far enough that Rue was beginning to grow anxious, not sure if she could remember the way back home. She walked through the meadow, ears back and the blossoming flowers in her mane and tail shifting a deep blue, the color of storm clouds, revealing her anxiety. What if she got lost and never got back home?

No, she couldn't get lost because she was Rue and she was Mamma and Da's daughter and was strong and brave...

And lost. So very lost.

Yeah, lost, really much so. She looked around herself, both defeated and annoyed, storm-blue turning to grey, then dingy yellow. Something caught the attention of the blue-eyed girl, however, and she perked up when she realized it was another person. Maybe they were from the Edge too, and remembered the way home! She bounded over, but began slowing when she saw weird water falling from his eyes, a confused look crossing her face and coloring her petals purple.

"Misser? You 'kay?" She questioned, lowering her head to peer up at him, eyes widening. Why did he look so sad? Her ears pinned back, and she took a few steps away, looking around before she grabbed a mouthful of thistle flowers, ignoring the itchy pricks they made in her mouth before she thrusted them at him, flowers gleaming pale silver in hope. Maybe this would make him happy? Mamma liked it when Rue brought flowers... maybe he would too!

Image by Abba || Coding by Tamme
[Image: rue_pix_by_lost_skies-d8kck0p.png]
♡ Please tag Rue in all posts ♡

Nym Posts: 8
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 4
Watermel0nBob
Nym
life's like an hourglass glued to the table

Her approach had gone unnoticed by me, as I continued to fight the raging war in my mind. Abel had been my world, my everything, and it was so hard to let go of that when it meant that he was really gone. I didn't know that for sure, and because of that I had to keep hoping, otherwise I would be an even more awful brother than I already was. I had left him, unable to handle my own grief, and who knows how he felt when I was no longer around. I was selfish and stupid and horrible, I didn't deserve his love any longer. I didn't deserve anyone's love! I coughed, trying to calm my nerves, when suddenly a creamy head poked into my view. Surprised I jerked my head upwards, stepping back and letting a soft squeak escape whiskery maw. There before me stood a little foal, probably not even a few days old with flowers laced in her rose and cream mane, shifting colors rapidly. She was quite pretty, and I couldn't help but marvel at the beautiful blossoms, so much so that eventually my tears had begun to dry.

Soon she was moving, working her way hastily over to some of the thistles and grabbing them, before returning to my side and shoving the plants in my direction, eyes looking at me expectantly. I couldn't help but let my surprised expression turn into a soft smile, head lowering softly to accept the gracious offering, while also bending my knees so that my bulk landed on the ground roughly. With a little oof I settled my painted build, looking at her with kind expressive eyes and speaking as best as I could through the thistles," Tank 'ou fir 'he fwowurs." Realizing I wasn't making any sense I dropped them on my legs, looking back up at her and speaking again," Thank you. For the flowers. Maybe you can put them in my mane, then we could match!" I let a grin escape me, eyes full of sudden light and joy. Perhaps I wouldn't be alone after all.

OOC: Okie, few more posts and I should be getting better posts, promise xD
WC: 352
TAG: Rue

"Speech"

Image -- Coding
PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Please ask before attacking/maiming my character! (Void for fights)