the Rift

[OPEN] Flashing Lights

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

Okay.

How come none of you bastards never told me about the aurora.

Fuck all of you.

There was no wind to whip me, no ice to coat my sides, no frost or snow to freeze me to the ground. Which is good, because I stood there for the longest time, just...watching.

The aurora.

It was nighttime, and the stars were twinkling in a sky that was blacker and deeper in the north than anywhere else--and I can’t really tell you why I was there, what drew me back up here, because there was pain there, the kind that makes you sick just thinking about it, and it was a pain that I’m not really interested in talking about right now, either.

(His eyes were here too, though.)

The aurora was climbing the sky, blinking out the stars in its serpentine body; it was blinking and winking and shimmering blues and greens, and the fringes burned purple sometimes as it ribboned itself through the sky--

--and I could feel it--

--deep down inside, where there were scars that were still healing, still oozing pus sometimes if I let them fester too much--but it was rustling them and moving them and making them ache but it was an ache that felt so good and the purples were agony and the blues were divine and the greens were just moving, moving, moving me, shifting me, and I stood there watching the aurora glide and crescendo and twist and flutter for hours and I’m not even sure if I breathed at all.

And...I...don’t know what to say.

(it was the most beautiful thing I’d ever seen in my life)

And I don’t know what to say.

So uh...I think I’mma skip it a little.

Yeah, sure. I’mma skip a little later, when he lights had dimmed and the glow in my eyes had--um--sparked a little more, when I heard a skreeeeeeech and a CRASH but it wasn’t like a crash crash, it was more like a WHUMPH, and when I turned to investigate it turned out that a solid sheet of snow had slipped off the translucent face of a glacier wall.

I’m not sure what would have happened if I decided to turn away, or ignore it, or go back to watching the lights dance across the heavens. All I know was that something pulled at me from that new internal squirming that persisted in my guts, and I was curious. I approached the glacier (kind of waddling my way through the thickness of the fallen heaps of snow that littered that ground around it) and as I peered into the frosted depths of the thick ice, I--

--I saw something.

@[Maren] first, please! Then open~

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

M A R E N

"Nobody told me which way to come
Nobody mapped oblivion
So I go growing roses in the disarray."

Cold rushed her blood, turned the hormones in her veins to adrenaline as the embrace of winter air fell around her. This. It was just a little too bad she did not have her winter-coat, for it would've made the cold environment taste better. But alas, she did not complain after riding through the warm daze of summer. So as the vivid green aurora's in the sky dimmed, the tigermare looked down upon the world, once again, and found herself standing next to a handful fir trees, surrounded by soft sparkling snow of the purest white. It being night helped her relax, even though in the back of her mind she could not remember the last time she had a good long nap.

White clouds escaped from her nose as she pried the night, letting thoughts get carried away by the winter-y winds. She felt the mists inside of her and touched it presence. The mare opened her mouth and blew rings of clouds, but not from the cold damps, but this time from the body-warmth of her insides. As quickly as they came they evaporated again in the dry air.

What was it that she still sought for again?

A sudden CRASH-WHAM combination filled her eardrums as the sound billowed through the earlier oh so silent night. Maren's head had already moved, nose pointing into the direction where the noise had apparently come from, which was exactly behind the trees, so she moved past them to reveal the glaciers that had totally slipped her field of vision. In the blue and green hue's there was a dark silhouette, also one she had not yet spotted. With pale ears pointed forward and nostrils widened, she slowly moved her long legs through the snow. What is it doing, though? The silhouette moved, not away from the gletsjer, but to it. "Dear God." With long strides she rushed her body to the spot while at the same time the details of the - apparently - horse, became more vivid. First thing she noticed were the spectacular markings on her body. A blue-ish gloss shimmering on the darker parts that reminded her of the sky-lights from just now.

"HEY", to cover the remaining distance between them, she hopped like a reindeer, half using the path the stranger had created, all the while flapping her wings to keep herself balanced. The boldly build horse seemed to be looking at something, which made her curious, too. "HEY, WAIT UP." She needed an outlet for this rushing adrenaline and feel the warmth again in this cold night.

|| Notes: || Wordcount: 419 ||

Please tag me 

I swore there was something in there. If I moved my head a little either side, there was this…light, no, more like a reflection of something in there, something that could’ve been polished at some point, but it clearly wasn’t ice. I narrowed my eyes, my vision focusing intently on the gleam hidden in the pale blue folds of the glacier; if I looked hard enough, I could just discern a—a shape of…of something—

*”HEY!!”*

FUCK ME RUNNING.

I almost leapt out of the snow I was so terrified; my body CRACKLED in and out of existence in the blink of an eye, as though I were teleporting but I hadn’t traveled anywhere. Instead, after I materialized, I sort of launched myself headfirst and body first into the glacier—or I guess I should say at the glacier, because in a battle of mass and density the glacier was clearly kicking my ass.

“My--shit,” I said weakly, once my heart slowed a little bit and the world stopped ending, “Holy crap.” I was panting from where I was against the glacier wall, my chest still thumping and my head pounding from where I had bust it against the ice. Owwwwwshit, but it was probably gonna hurt later.

Fuck, man!” I said in angerxasperation as I finally looked behind myself to see who had scared the ever-living hell out of me “Tryin’ to kill me or what? UGH.” Turns out, it wasn’t a man—face was too pretty and exquisite for anyone with a sack. My eyes fell first on the wings that flapped on either side of their head—a sight that would’ve put a giggle in my throat if my head weren’t pounding so hard—before looking to the red-brown stripes that adorned their back, a coloring I’d never seen before, and that put a little interest in the back of my head (the part that wasn’t threatening a headache, at any rate). I sigh-growled and tried to shake most of the stars out of my eyes; my annoyance with someone else intruding on my peace was shattered and paled by the powerful curiosity I was feeling about the Thing In The Glacier.

“…Hey, c’mere a sec,” I said roughly to the lady with Headwings. I figured another set of eyes that hadn’t been set on fire once would be a pretty accurate backup. “You see anything in there?” I threw my head toward the glacier in gesture, indicating the greyish mass I swore I was seeing in there.

Maren--do you prefer to be tagged?

M A R E N

Nobody mapped oblivion

The snow that the gletsjer had dropped, now came to her knees and it took concentration and mindful-ness to shovel through it without tumbling. They were not words, that made her look up, no. The tigermare's eyes shot up in a questioning frown as soon as the sounds of a new version of the earlier thud or wham (or whatever it sounded as, really) filled her eardrums. And following them up was a simple and soft - almost delicate; “My--shit,”. Maren had stopped moving, unsure if she wanted to move any closer. And sure enough her frown deepened when the mare spoke again, panting now, too. “Holy crap.”

Whutt...?

Maren couldn't help but to quickly glance at the place where the strangers butt-hole would be - and back to the mare again; for what would she do or say next? Her instinct told her that the antenna-carrying strangers hurt was the cause for her foul language. She was not the bleeping-those-parts-out kind of girl, though, so it was alright. Or something.

Instead of moving closer in a straight-forward way, she decided it was best to move around her a bit, to keep up the idea of getting closer without actually doing so. "You sure talk a lot about poop.", she voiced, questioning life in the meantime - or hers - and waddling undisturbed over the whole idea of trying to kill her.

You're a disciple! You need to help people, remember? She seems in a lot of agony and frustration! Poop!

In a swiftness time would be jealous of, her head shot up as so did her ears - and wings. "Hey, you nee...-"
“…Hey, c’mere a sec,”

With not a single second thought (how did that happen) Maren the disciple hopped through the snow - and to the rescue. Half bumping into the mare who apparently shit invisible shit - or at least that was how it had sounded, and almost shoving her to the side (but really not - more falling against her as the mare was way bigger). She put her whole face in there, wanting to help - but mostly curious now for what the mare was looking for to begin with. In the back of her mind couldn't, however, simply dismiss the thoughts of a butt-hole. Using her wings, she pushed more and more snow to the sides, hoping it would magically make things down there clearer. As her gaze walked around the hole, scanning it with the adventurous shimmering golds of her eyes, she squeezed them tighter. "I think there is something." she said loudly but unsure, the hollow sounds reaching above the snow. "It looks like... Eh. A statue of a bunny...! I think... Or maybe a dove..." Again she squeezed her eyes. Then suddenly she sneezed and her head popped out of the pit with a speed only one with wings could do. "HATSJOE" she went again - and now also disturbing the opening, causing some snow to fall in the hole. "What are you expecting to find - HATSJOOHEEEE.", she asked - half lifted up in the air and then once again, frowning in this stranger's eyes.

@[Roskuld] || Notes: || Wordcount: 524 ||

Please tag me 

Tempe Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 mo.
Haruki :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Lauren
T E M P E

Leaving the Basin, I walk through the Frostbreathe Steppes again. Haruki walks alongside me. The night is cold, but the stars are beautiful, and I enjoy trying to figure out what patterns and constellations there are in the sky. Haruki hops through the snow that still lingers, making small footprints as he bounces along. I think that we are heading down south again, toward the next herd land, but a noise in the distance catches my attention. A large WHAM and... I can't really tell what it is. I bend down at the knees and whisper for Haruki to jump up on my shoulders. He does, and he nestles down between my wings, claws digging in gently for grip and safety.

I spread my dark wings, which from above must look similar to the sky above us, and lift into the sky. I don't have to fly far to find the commotion, as it turns out, and I land softly a few yards away, coming up to them not from behind but from the side. Two ladies, a unicorn and a pegasus. I tuck my still-small wings in against my sides, but Haruki stays where he is. He is still small and in the night I'm not sure how much I trust anyone. The pegasus... I'm not sure if that's even what she should be called, seeing as her wings are small and behind her ears. Clearly they have very little function, if any. Stripes cover her back, reminding me of Saffron the tigress in the Basin. Was this mare somehow born of a tiger? The other, the unicorn, is just as strange. She has some sort of... bug-like antennae that hang from her forehead in addition to her horn. Do they serve a purpose either? And her pale body with those.. blue.. black.. I don't know what to call them.. Those markings. I am in love at first sight with her odd, but remarkable appearance.

I step through the snow, finding that here by this glacier it is much deeper, and it takes me awhile to get to them. They seem to be trying to look into the glacier, except that as I get closer the pegasus begins to sneeze. My eyes widen as the grandeur of her sternutation and I pause in my step. When I think they've stopped I resume my approach until I'm side by side with them. "Bless you!" I say, a little bit shy at first. I look at the glacier and try to see what they are looking at, but I'm not sure I see anything at all. "What are you looking at? Did you lose something?" I glance at the two of them, to see if they will give me any clues, then stick my nose up to the hole that they seem to be peering through. My golden eyes find nothing, and if I'm not very much mistaken, I hear Haruki snickering at me. I pull back and cock my head, brow furrowing; I am very much confused.

""
@[Maren] @[Roskuld]

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

** You may do what you like with Tempe besides dismemberment and death.

Okay, but seriously. I was startin’ to get pretty pissed.

Headwings was already giving me a headache. It wasn’t even her fault, really; I was just all about this ice and I had already been feeling all these good vibes coming from the dancing shits in the sky (the aurora, the aurora--) and my buzz is always killed when someone else is there to feel the vibe along with me. I all about that solo-life, though—and she wasn’t none of my friends or fucked-up family, so there was no patience for her or them flappy things on her temples.

* "You sure talk a lot about poop."*

Or whatever the fuck that was.

My brow raised, but I didn’t turn around to look at her, because my eyes were caught by the gleam of ice and the gleam of other things that I swore I could see. No, seriously, bet money there was something in this ice. I got closer to it, licked it a little (which is a bad idea holy hell don’t you ever lick cold shit jeez) and, once I was able to pull my tongue off of the frozen surface, I reared a little and placed a hoof against the solid, bulkiness of the glacier, the absolute force of so many millennia of dense, frozen water coming together, becoming a mountain in the land. Hiding something.

Something like a--

*“A statue of a bunny...!”*

The fuck--

And then I really did turn to look at her, and my eyes were probably saying a whole bunch of stuff like “The fuck is you??” and one day I’ll feel bad about it and probably seek her out to apologize or whatever the hell but right at that moment I couldn’t give two shits because—well, y’know. The thing in the thing.

And speaking of two shits here came another one, a smaller one with wings and a hint of children and another reason of feel guilty about all the harsh and vulgar things running in my head at that moment and I kind of sigh-growled (“AAGHAHGHG” or something) and I backed away from the wall of ice, ignoring the questions and the inquiries, my temper boiling and rising to a head because I wanted them gone and I wanted the thing in the ice.

Move,” I said loudly, gruffly, giving them an unfair warning. I had barely spoken before the air around my horn thrummed and vibrated and sparked with more sparks than I had intended (something about the cold was making it jump a little crazier than I wanted, but let the records indicate that this was baller and I wasn’t complaining at all) and suddenly I was blasting a bolt at the face of the ice, a great CRASH sounding as it made contact. Snow and shards of ice flew everywhere, man; I squinted through the rush of stuff flying at me, and when things settled and I saw that my bolt had barely scratched the surface, I got even more pissed, more impatient, and suddenly it was a fight.

One more, two more. Maybe a third. I unleashed bolt after bolt at the wall of ice, not really knowing if those two were able to get out of the way in time (and not really caring, let’s be honest). I unleashed bolts until I felt a pull behind my eyes and in my brain that told me I was pushing it too far, that I was straining that magic muscle too hard—but I didn’t stop until I heard another crack, something deeper and louder and oh-so satisfying, something within the glacier that told me something was breaking. And when the air cleared of the snow and the ice that had been flying about, I saw a crack running deeply into the ice, and I could see that thing with a little more clarity.

Metal.

“Watch out,” I said again, my voice rough with whatever excitement I was feeling. I wasn’t even sure if they were still there (and I still wasn’t caring); I went to the crack, reaching forward with a hoof to test it, to feel its weakness. The edges flaked underneath my touch, and when I saw that, I reared up properly and began to pummel the opening with blow after blow of my hooves, chips of ice flying everywhere as I began to carve my way to the—

--metal.

@[Maren] @[Tempe]

M A R E N

Nobody mapped oblivion

Crazy blue eyes filled her vision when she looked up from the gap, suddenly realizing that she'd been probably right when thinking she was slightly... mad. So slowly she backed down, hoping that her attempt of creating distance between them wouldn't be noticed. Then surprisingly the mare called her to move, and while letting out her breath in a deep sigh, Maren hopped backwards through the deep snow to let the mare do whatever she wanted to.

A graceful thud called through the air as the company grew with one. Maren didn't look up at first, though. For there were still stars dancing before her eyes, somehow caused by her sneeze. She blinked a couple of hundred times before looking around to see who had apparently blessed her.

The tigermare had turned her alabaster head to the new arrival - at first looking to high up, having to let eyes slide downward a little to find the little filly. Her invisible eyebrows rose for a second. "Bless you, too." A priestess-joke. Have I seen this girl before? Something about her was familiar, but she couldn't put her hoof on what exactly.

"Did you lose something?"

As the words circled through her brain, she glanced over at the antenna-head again, "Clever girl," The tigermare complimented with sobered words, but nevertheless with an amused underlining. "She does seem to have lost something, now doesn't she...?" Maren murmured a tad too happy as she watched the stranger tickle the air with electricity. ...Her mind. It was when she saw her own whiskers vibrate and curl in the southern corners of her vision, that she hastily decided to take an extra step back. But alas; ice exploded and its blood came down like solid raindrops. With her ears laid back, Maren folded her wings before her eyes, simply wanting to deny the possibility of being stabbed by chunks of ice by unseeing the danger. Oh God, this isn't really happening now is it. When the silence returned Maren warily peeked through her feathered fingers. Even though she now dared to look up to see that the bold mare was still alive and well - proceeding her ice-breaking attempts, she did not dare to look if the poor filly was still alive.

Finding the Ice princess a bit late with the 'Watch out!', she liked her lips, enjoying watching the mare work for something she seemed to want so badly. It inspired her - a bit, somehow. Maybe. No. It really was inspiring her - to the point of making her a tad jealous. So she stayed put. Then, suddenly Maren's hearing caught a cling - and her ears popped forward.

@[Tempe], @[Roskuld] || Notes: || Wordcount: 445 ||

Please tag me 

Hidden Account
T E M P E

The white and blue marked bugicorn doesn't greet me except for a strange growly-sigh that I think is for me. I gather from this response that perhaps she doesn't enjoy my arrival. The stripey one (haven't we met, now that I think about it?) is much kinder, and blesses me in return to my blessing for her sneeze. I quirk an ear - why is she blessing me, I didn't sneeze! She compliments my intelligence, calling me clever. I glance at Haruki and think to myself, 'Well, I AM clever!' But then the air starts to feel strange, and hairs along my back begin to stand on end. The blue and white shouts at us to move and I back away, my small wings helping to move me out of the way. Haruki jumps beneath me, hiding behind my legs. Cracks of electricity, of lightning leave the mare and strike against the ice. She must be trying to break it! The striped mare covers her eyes with her little wings, and I mimick her, using my pink and black toned feathers to shield my face as well.

Small bits of ice fall from the sky, split from the glacier that is under attack. Most of them fall short of me - I've moved far enough away. But some dance upon the top of my head, bouncing off harmlessly. Finally the crackling stops, and I peak out from beneath my wings to see what is happening now. The glacier remains solid and resistant to the violent magic. She seems frustrated, and resorts to physical violence, pummeling the wall with her hooves. I tuck my wings away, not worrying so much about debris anymore. More and more she carves away, slowly but surely. And I move a little closer, trying to see what it is she's after. Is that a clink I hear? "What is it? Did you get it?" Curiosity pulls me forward, though Haruki nips at my heels with concern that perhaps I'm getting a little too close to ouchy things. I can't help myself though, and my golden eyes practically glow with intrigue.

""
@[Roskuld] @[Maren]

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

It felt like longer, probably because I wanted the thing so fucking bad and there was a children skittering about me, wondering if I’ve gotten to the thing yet (so I guess they actually hadn’t left, go figure). I snorted in the middle of my assault on the ice, growling, “Watch out,” with a bigger bite of impatience; then, with a huff, I began my fight with the ice again.

I’m not sure what happened to the lights behind me, up in the sky. I was too focused on the thing to notice the way they fizzled out of existence, their lights fading with a beauty that was only matched by their full, fierce brilliance.

But no, I didn’t watch them fade; I spent my time sweating and huffing and puffing and moving the muscles in my back and chest and ass and everything and I was probably going to be feeling this later and I gave zero fucks because I was tunneling my ass further and further into the wall of the ice and I was definitely seeing something coppery and rusty and old--

--but it was also in pieces--

--and before I knew it, after seemingly hours or maybe just 10 minutes, I reached forward into the hole I had made with my hooves, my teeth grappling and grasping for something cold that I made my tongue shy away from—

--and with an explosive wrench of my neck, I yanked it out from the clutches of the ice, pulling my head out of the depression I had carved and dropping the thing into the snow so I could see it better.

I breathed deeply, my sides and chest shuddering with the force of it (hot damn, was I really working so hard?) It wasn’t until I had stopped moving that I noticed how my body was drenched and how the cold air sort of kissed me in every damp place, which is to say, every-damn-where, and I was super fucking lucky that the wind wasn’t biting at that moment. But I wasn’t thinking about all that because I didn’t care--and I didn’t care because I was looking down on a thing that was captivating me.

It was…a lot rustier than it had appeared in the ice, smudged and warped as it was by the bluish hue. I was chipped and dented and much smaller than I anticipated, and when I glanced back at the ice, I could see there were more pieces like it, maybe five others, or six, or whatever. The thing was roughly shaped like a thorn, and it was hollowed out, and the metal around the edges was paler and harder than the metal in the heart of the thing.

I had never seen a sword before in my life, so I couldn’t compare it to something like that. But—spoiler alert—the shit I was looking at was a piece of a blade.

My eyes flashed; I snorted explosively and jumped back into motion, diving into the hole again to carve out more pieces, to free the entire shit that captivated me with its existence. I’ll let Headwings and Whats-Her-Face sort out the fragment I had freed already (although I wish a motherfucker would try and steal my shit), but me? I wasn’t satisfied until I had gotten everything I could out of this huge mountain of ice.

@[Maren] @[Tempe]

M A R E N

Nobody mapped oblivion

Appearantly the little filly is alive, Maren concluded after a quick peek. The small pegasus had just moved her wings away from her face. Somehow her heart itched of adorableness for how the foal almost mimicked her (even though it was a perfectly healthy reflex to have) but Maren's silent eyes showed nothing of any emotion. She was no mother, and she did not wish to be seen as such - But that did not mean there were no instincts and emotions of the kind, for she was blessed a mare by the Gods and she cherished all that came with it.

So the filly was okay; but that still did not mean the Ice-princess was, mentally. A frown hooded the tigermare's burgundy shaded eyes. The Bold was, however, sweating enough to make her think she was also physically pushing herself, which - again - got her slightly worried. Making it rain ice-spikes and snowballs with the angry, rattling lightning bolts she had created, must have taken that much energy. But the cling she had heard was definitely real, and after some more drudgery by the one seeking, there came more and more clings following up the first, jingling a melody through her ears. Maren's ears shot forward, however, as the mare suddenly came out with something else besides snow in her mouth. Something solid; something reddish - rusty, like her own coat. Maren swallowed the gasp that was about to break from her mouth. That's neither a bird or a bunny. It was shapeless. "Interesting find." she sang to the seeker - now a finder - as she walked towards the object covered with the dusts of time; laying again abandoned in the snow, as if it hadn't had enough of that already, looking out of place. She sniffed it, but it had no scent she could immediately discover. The tigermare looked up, realizing the Finder had found more of those same-looking objects. Maren only blinked at the puzzle-pieces - then glanced at the Bold, and then back at the puzzle; which she had the urge to solve. "Look out for sharp edges" the tigermare mused absently to the rust-wrapped thing as her mind was filled up with this possibly ancient artifact - and her heart pushing through those also ancient motherly instincts.

So she got one of the medium sized pieces in her mouth and she did - tried. For as much as she had been good in puzzles her whole life - the puzzle of her life was the one that she could not seem to figure out and put together. The tigermare wagged her ivory tail as her gaze focused, excited eyes glaring at the scattered and still coming pieces, when she found two that could possibly fit together. She kept shoving the artifacts around for a bit, thinking in the meantime.

This feels like those therapy sessions all over again, familiar feelings - But her life had never easily been fixed like this blade was. But then maybe life was just not meant to be a puzzle - or to be a perfect fit at all.

Maybe the tigermare was not meant to look at what was, what had been until this moment in time; in her life and forming her life, - not look at what was what was and not look at what was suppose to be. What she herself expected her to do; which was to find that Purpose for the Church of the Oak. Maybe - just once - she needed to look past the tree, and rather than watch the leaves grow, look into the sunset that made them.

@[Tempe], @[Roskuld] || Notes: || Wordcount: 605 ||

Please tag me 

Hidden Account
T E M P E

The strangely marked mare just grumbles and tells me to back away again. I huff, becoming annoyed that I keep getting told to move. But I suppose she's just looking out for me. So I back up again as she continues to drive at the ice, hooves flying where my face just was. I dance around eagerly, dodging bits of flying ice, as I hope that soon the item shall be revealed. My own magic does nothing here, as I cannot manipulate the ice, only water. So I continue to move, Haruki yipping now and then as he also dances around my heels. I see the mare panting as she strikes the ice, and I wish that I could help. Her coat shiny with the sweat that has built, I wonder that she still has the energy to continue.

I look over at the mare with the little wings on her head and see that she has revealed her eyes as well. Then something hits the snow and I flinch, realizing that I didn't expect anything to be thrown out at us. I look down and find.... a shiny. Or rather, a once-shiny. I tiptoe over to the shiny and extend my nose toward it, nostrils quivering. Haruki's snout appears next to mine as we join tigermare's inquiry. It's rusty, the coloring of it similar to the stripes on her back. I have no clue what it is. As much as I want to know, I have never encountered anything like this before. It seems sharp, as the mare notes. But then more pieces come out - I lift my head up suddenly to avoid any of the sharp edges that slice through the air. The other mare starts to try to piece together the object, but based on the fact I don't see an object appearing, I'd say she's so far failing. SHE MUST NEED MY HELP! I am after all quite smart.

"Well, Miss.... Stripey.... " I substitute 'stripey' since I don't know either of their names, which I find terribly annoying. "It appears that this would be a WEAPON. It is sharp, and metal." So smart! I join the strange pegasus mare in attempting to put the object together as the lightning mare provides more pieces. Even if I can figure out that it is a weapon, there's no way I can know what a "sword" is. I look up at the one throwing us the pieces. "What do YOU think it is Bughorns?" Perhaps if I call them strange things, they will give me their actual names.

""
Edited slightly.

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*"Look out for sharp edges."*

”Look out for sharp edges,” I probably would have mimicked in a super high, annoying voice. But I was too busy sweating to notice what she said.

Three more pieces came out of the hole. Then another one. Then another, and I piled them together, and I wasn’t really paying attention to the way they were jigsaw-puzzling the blade pieces together. No, I was busy working my lips and teeth over the last piece stuck in the ice, the largest piece that seemed like more than just a fragment of metal. This one made me pull super hard for it—and, in fact, I’m pretty sure I pulled a muscle somewhere in my neck I was straining it so hard to pull out. Turns out, it was such a long piece that I ended up having to carve it out a little more to loosen the shit enough.

And so, lots of sweat and grunts and cramps later, I was throwing the last piece of the thing down onto the snow, huffing and puffing as I gazed down on my discovery. I didn’t know what a hilt was, or a handle, because horses don’t have opposable thumbs and we don’t fucks with that type of shit. But that’s what I had pulled out, and I was looking down on all the pieces of a craptastic weapon.

I leaned back on my haunches, letting the sweat roll down my sides and catching my breath, my whole body thrumming with the warm glow of exhaustion and pride I guess. I mean, it’s not too presumptuous to be proud, is it? I pretty much did battle with a huge-ass glacier and I slayed the bastard and I was looking down on the spoils of my conquest. And maybe it was utter garbage, but fuck you I thought the shit was pretty cool, even when these strangers fussed around it, trying to figure out its shape, its purpose.

*"Well, Miss.... Stripey...It appears that this would be a WEAPON. It is sharp, and metal."*

No shit, I thought to myself, really surprising myself with how much of an ass I was being to a child. Jeez, should probably reel it back in a little, right? So I busied myself with cleaning/scratching the itchiest parts of my body (my elbow, the point of my croup, etc) while I waited for my blood to cool and my head to stop spinning from all the ice-fighting or whatever. But then the kid directly talked to me and I was blindsided and I didn’t have time to think though my response before I started talking.

“Well, uh,” I said, totally prepping myself to say something super assholish, “I personally think it’s the cross section of Zeus’ di--what the fuck you call me? I suddenly realized that “Bughorns” was the name that was used, and my ears cocked and my eyes sat hard on this filly for a second before I realized oh shit this is a filly I should probably not cuss or something. “I mean, uh…” I floundered, really feeling like a douche right then, “…what?”

My eyes darted to Headwings and back to the child and I didn’t know what to do so I just snorted and looked at my bitchin’ sword because I dun’ goofed.

@[Maren] @[Tempe]

M A R E N

Nobody mapped oblivion

Thoughts kept circling the skies of her mind like vultures, waiting on a Holy Revelation; unaware of the blanket that had been put around her; muting the sounds of what happened in reality for a moment. Then she woke up, just in time to find the relaxing hymns of the high-pitched waterfall of words rushing downwards into her ears. What do I hear? There was no misguidance possible as in where the sounds had came from; from whom. Still looking at their puzzle, a frown appeared around the tigermare's hooded eyes. Stripey? Stripe-y? Aiming her confusion at one of the artifacts, she imitated her words, feeling the sounds in her dry mouth. "Stripey." Then she turned her burgundy shaded eyes to the filly as the child spoke more words of ignorance, brutality and prove of inexperience with the world.

I feel old. A deep sigh left Maren's lips. It saddened her that the first thing that had come to the young ones mind was that of a weapon. Which, of course it was; looking at the history of the world. Nevertheless, somewhere deep inside she had still hoped on a simple table - or a vase, or a statue of a bunny, after all. Objects of innocence. She cleared her throat. "It could have just been a simple metal plate - or a butchers knife, for all we know." Sounding disappointed with this flawed world - which of course, she herself also was. For she would not hesitate to fight for her own, too."But I guess being oblivious and ignorant to the world around does not gets you anywhere, these days. Although in a way we would all love those innocent times back, where we were all simple fishes in a pond. " Maren's eyes glanced up, to the Heavens. Then sank down again, sighing and then blowing rings of mist towards the little girl's face. "You should be more respectful towards those older and wiser than you, young filly. You may call me stripey if that is what you want. I can only pray that you will learn that there are other things more important than mere names. Like manners." She snapped at the rudeness of the girl, and then blabbered on. Setting free the words with her outlandish tongue-work. "I am not your mother, but this lady deserves an apology" she nodded to the Finder. "For she has probably unknowingly granted you your most exciting afternoon yet; way better than chasing butterflies, now isn't it?" She raised her alabaster head, towering over the poor kid and averting her eyes from it. If only the innocent of youth always stayed with us. She thought in her way to distracted mind as she looked back at the puzzle, still to be found at her hooves. Then, carefully touching the old fragments, she moved a piece the girl had fit in wrong, and switched them with another.

Once again Maren scraped her throat, turning her eyes to the Bold lady, awkwardly scratching her chin with the point of one of her feathered-fingers. "Well..." She slowly began once again, trying to re-start a normal conversation. "What do you want to do with it?" They now had all the pieces neatly pushed together to give the sword its torn shape. But assuming the mare wanted to get it fixed on another location, it still had to be moved and it laying here in the snow was quit pointless.

@[Tempe], @[Roskuld] || Notes: edited <3 || Wordcount: ||

Please tag me 

Hidden Account
T E M P E

I suppose that I shouldn't have been surprised by Bughorns's reaction. She didn't take kindly to the nickname I gave her, and whatever she thought the weapon was she did not finish saying. And then she said a word that I've never heard, but she tries to cover it up. My ears twitch with mild confusion, and the naivety in my eyes is so obvious it is like being hit in the face with a frying pan. I stare at her for a moment, then realize that what I thought looked like bug horns are ACTUALLY strands of hair. Oh... "I'm sorry, I don't know what to call you. I thought.. I thought your hair was like bug antennae." I speak quietly, embarrassed by my mistake.

She isn't the only one to take offense. Stripey isn't pleased with HER nickname either, and I feel my insides twist as she begins to scold me. If only I could shrink away from my side, smaller and smaller within my ribcage. Though I suppose I can understand why she might not like the name (because it isn't HER name), I don't like that she thinks names are unimportant. I'm going to call her SOMETHING and if she doesn't provide a name then I will provide one for her. I grow back into my skin and I brace against her words, feeling a little ball of annoyance and anger rolling around inside.

Haruki growls at the mare, feeling my anger and not having the restraint to hold it in. I feel a little nervous, hoping that she won't strike out at him. When I speak, it is with carefully considered words, and I fight to keep my voice cool. "I will have to call you something, Miss. Would you like to suggest something, then?" I glance over at Bughorns, intimating that I would like to know what to call her as well. And she assumes I spend my days chasing butterflies? I may only be a few months old but I'm not just chasing bugs, I'm exploring! How rude it is of HER to assume I am so simplistic. But I don't say anything about this. Nor do I apologize to Bughorns (except for my first apology for mistaking her hairstyle). I have not been rude, except for the nicknames they found distasteful. I won't apologize for anything else. Again, I keep my reaction quiet, wanting to curl my lip at Stripey but unwilling to cause more fuss.

I hope they will give me their names, but if not, we can focus on the weapon again. Bughorns seems to know what it is, perhaps. All I know from Stripey is that she wishes it were a table (whatever that is!). Haruki quiets as well and sits beneath me, sensing that I don't want him in the way of any danger. 'I love you Haruki.' He rubs against my legs, not knowing my words but sensing my warmth. I feel us both calm a little, and a small twitches at the corners of my mouth. We are in this together.

""
515 words
@[Roskuld] @[Maren]

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*”I thought… I thought your hair was like bug antennae."*

My eyes flew everywhere; from the skies, to the glacier, to Headwings, to the snow on the ground, to I don’t even know, trying their damnest to figure out where the fuck that came from. Like…bug antennae?. You’re shittin’ me, right? And even though there were plenty of people out there who thought the exact same shit when they first saw me (I mean, fuck, Leos thought the same shit when we first met) none of them had ever really said it out loud, so I was completely blindsided by the comparison and maybe at one point I would’ve laughed at it but I was already pissed at myself for cussing in front of a kid and at the kid for being annoying and I was opening my mouth to light her ass on fire--

--but Headwings beat me to it.

I was caught off guard by the sudden wave of discipline that shot from Headwings’ mouth. I snapped my eyes to her, my body jerking away from her space, as though it were gonna get burned by the hot fiya she was spittin’ like a dragon. For the first time since the aurora and the gleam of metal hidden in the ice, my mind was ripped out of this weird obsession that I had with the thing I had found. I was….blindsided by the cool ferocity of her words, her words defending me, like I hadn’t also been sick of her ass this entire time too.

*"I am not your mother, but this lady deserves an apology, for she has probably unknowingly granted you your most exciting afternoon yet; way better than chasing butterflies, now isn't it?"*

And now I actually felt bad for the things my eyes had said to her earlier. I mean…I dunno, I’ve never been called a lady before and it felt weird and kind of gross and I hoped she wouldn’t do it again but the sentiment behind it was… it was kinda touching, okay? And the part about being older and wiser…I mean, the idea behind it was kinda sweet but there ain’t nothing wise about my dumbass or anything.

I uh…I didn’t know how to handle it. I sorta just deflated a little bit, still pissed but now uncertain of my pissed’ness, because now I was starting to feel bad about a whole bunch of things now, from the cussin’ to the easy irritation I had with someone who found my company valuable. “I mean,” I said weakly, my eyes sort of cast to the side, “I ain’t no lady but uh…” It felt weak, especially set next to the vibrant passion that Headwings displayed just now.

A tiny growl rumbled and my eyes locked onto the little fluffy thing that toddled along with the filly, and in all honesty I couldn’t really get angry at the fox’s fury; I mean, I get pissed when I get reamed like that, too. “I wouldn’t do it,” I said quietly, my eyebrows raised. Because growls are threats and even though I didn’t expect them to try anything, as meek and small as they were—well. Let’s be real here. Headwings scared me a little bit.

(But she also made me feel a little--)

Headwings brought the conversation back to the thing (oh right, the thing, it exists) with all the poise and control that an actual lady possesses and it didn’t really stop my slight intimidation of her composure. It didn’t help that I didn’t know her real name (I had a bad habit of choosing awful names for people who turned out to be not-that-awful), and it also didn’t help that uh—

--she was asking a question I hadn’t really considered.

“I uh…” I said, dumbfounded, because all my energy had been in finding the shit, but I hadn’t even wondered what I’d do with it. “Um….” I mean, what even was it? They were both talking about shit that I had never seen before and had no use for, because fighting for me was always for hooves and bodies and asses and I’ve never heard of someone using a thing to battle. Besides—it was pretty beat up, like it was still beautiful to me but even I could see it needed some elbow-grease to restore it to whatever greatness it had possessed.

“…I mean, I dunno, I finally said, shrugging my shoulders. I peered down at the shards of intently, seeing how old it seemed to be, something ancient, an antique. “I’ll…I’ll ask someone about it,” I finally murmured, almost to myself—as though the answer were poised on my lips, ready to leap as soon as the question was asked.

I’ll ask someone about it. Someone who might be able to remember this…thing. Someone who wouldn’t be perturbed by how old this thing might be, who wouldn’t be bothered by whatever decades, centuries, millennia packed into the rusted metal of this thing.

Someone who wasn’t bothered by time, because time was a thing that they were.

Oh shit..

@[Maren] @[Tempe]

M A R E N

Nobody mapped oblivion

Maren did not know why being called 'Bughorns' rather than 'Stripey' made such a big difference that it decided whether she'd got a 'sorry' or not. It didn't really make sense to her, but alas. It was how it was. She wouldn't hammer on it any further. Not that she had been that hard on her. It once again proved that she herself came from bolder origin than the sweet potatoes that were bred here. A growl peeked its way around the corner of her eardrums. "Your companion doesn't like me much", she mused, accidentally stating it as a fact.

"I will have to call you something, Miss. Would you like to suggest something, then?"

Maren glared down at the filly, her silent eyes jumping to her companion just once before settling on the youngster again. The gold, burgundy and pale purples of her eyes deep in thought as they analyzed the girl. Hmm..., she pondered as she breathed in the cold, dry winter air through her widened nostrils. "No." It left her lips in the form of an abrupt sigh. "You are not worth my name", the tigermare said childishly. "For you have not even listened." The tigermare had only just voiced how unimportant names were, in comparison to manners - and yet... "If we meet again - which will be on different terms, I hope - then perhaps I will suggest you my true name, kid. And you might want to suggest yours as well. Because - and this will be the last thing I will tell you: As the youngest, it is polite to introduce yourself first." But Maren did not really care anymore. A feeling she hated, but she couldn't help herself. The filly just made it so hard for her to care about the future that this girl was about the get herself tangled in. For not everyone in life would be pampering her - Throw pillows where they expected her to fall. At some point, life would hit her square in her little face and she would just have to suck it up. Maren wanted to tell her that, too, but she had already wasted enough words on scolding her, as it was... But at the same time the tigermare knew that someone needed to shake the unreality out of this child's brain, and if someone had to be hated for it, why not just let it be her.

“I ain’t no lady but uh…”

Maren's glare shot up. Completely distracted from the foal now; just glaring -piercing - at the Bold one, analyzing... her? "You're not... a woman...?" She snorted once, then turned serious and stared again, tried to find any possible sign that the Finder could possibly be a man. A male. A stallion. Meanwhile explosion... after explosion... happened in her oh so precious brain, the imaginary force causing all the dead cells to be pushed out of her body through whatever means.

“…I mean, I dunno,”

The tigermare was left confused for a moment, but calmed down rather quickly considering the huge brainfart. "Whát?" Well. At least the Bold and Undecided One had something to think about.

@[Tempe], @[Roskuld] || Notes: || Wordcount: 524 ||

Please tag me 

Hidden Account
T E M P E

Bughorns seems to be much more calm compared to Stripey, which is strange considering how this whole adventure started out. She even advises Haruki to avoid charging Stripey. Now, I don't think Haruki would have gone so far, but it was a reasonable assumption, and sound advice. Neither provide me a name to call them by - so be it, but don't throw a temper tantrum when I call you something of my own design!

Stripey goes on to scold me again and this time I've had enough. I'm polite enough to listen to every word she says, a strange fire burning in my small golden eyes. When she finally finishes, I have a go at her. "What is clear to me is that you do not know the first thing about being polite. I have offered you no insult and yet you are sensitive enough to find yourself insulted!" I steam, and Haruki bares his little teeth at her. "I have had enough with your scolding!" Were my vocabulary more advanced perhaps the word 'patronizing' would have been more appropriate. "My name is Tempe, Miss. And should we ever meet again I am sure I will not care what your name is because you have made it plenty clear that befriending you is not worth my time." My still-growing tail slashes through the air with fury, while Haruki's five seem to do some sort of unfortunate wag. "I am sorry to have met you, for you seem to be so.. so.. RUDE AS FUCK!" I shout the word that I think Bughorns (I should rename her) has taught me and might be something she didn't mean to teach me. A small twitch at the corner of my lips as an exhilaration runs through me as experienced by every child saying something they know they shouldn't.

I turn my attention back toward Bughorns (but what should I call her instead? Bughorns is kinda catchy), not catching the exchange about man or woman. "I am sorry to have interrupted your adventure, it was quite fun while it lasted. Have fun with your weapon." I speak sincerely and apologetically. My words are heartfelt and should the tiger-marked mare not have been so horrible (when uncalled for!) I might have lingered and continued with the party, the fun. But now I just want to leave, and after saying my goodbye, I let Haruki up between my wings and take off, soon taking flight to leave this fouled gathering.

""
414 words
Tempe out! @[Maren] @[Roskuld]

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*“Because – and this will be the last thing I will tell you: As the youngest, it is polite to introduce yourself first.”*

UGH, JEEZ.

Somehow this mare (I can’t call her Headwings anymore, I just can’t man), this…lady was finding more and more ways to make me feel a lot more ashamed of myself then I planned on feeling that day. Like jeez, wasn’t I just looking up at the bitchin lights being entranced by them? (Lights that had disappeared by now, but there was too much going on for me to notice that). But no, no, now I was surrounded by a lady and some kid who were both doing things to make me mad and make me feel awful all in the same bundle of shitty, scratchy yarn.

More and more I started shrinking from the cool blades that fell from the Tigerlady’s mouth, continuing to chastise the girl who had given us weird nicknames. I mean, jeez I just wanted to look at my thing, I didn’t feel like getting pulled into an etiquette debate! Gosh. But while I was trying to withdraw myself from the fray, the kid wasn’t going down without a fight—and the little thing came out swinging hard.

Oh jeez jeez jeez--

It felt like I was stuck in the middle of an all-out fire fight. I…honestly couldn’t give a rat’s ass about what was eating either of them, but they were verbally duking it out and I couldn’t help but watch the shit go up in flames and the little girl knot a noose for herself. It’s like watching someone crash into the ground and you know you ought’a help them up or something but the way their limbs had flailed and the goofy-ass look on their face and everything else about the spectacle had fascinated you and set your sides to rolling with laughter. Except I wasn’t laughing at this wreck of a scene, mostly because it was so shocking.

Finally, the kid threw down her finisher.

* "I am sorry to have met you, for you seem to be so.. so.. RUDE AS FUCK!"*

AGH GOD NO.

I pranced in place, suddenly panicking, because there was no mistaking that she had obviously gotten that word from me. My head was frozen while she apologized to me of all people (how did I suddenly become the common denominator for sense in this equation?) and by the time I had gotten my wits together, it was too late. NO, YOU CAN’T SAY THAT, I shouted after her, but the tiny thing was already flying off, evidently upset and the apparent loser in this particular battle. I threw my head upwards in defeat, a garbled something leaving my mouth (sort of like “aAUGAhaghaghghg”) that left me feeling even more like a brute than before. Shit man, I just wanted a thing!

I didn’t mean to be a role-model!

Fuck.

I mean---

--um—

….FUCK.

And I was still gurgling incoherently, feeling absolutely awful about everything that was going wrong here, when Head—no, Tigerlady said something to pull me out of my vortex of self-pity/loathing with even more things that were catching me off guard.

*"You're not... a woman...?"*

“Wha…?” I blurted, looking at her with a cocked eyebrow while I tried to catch up with her train of thought. What was she talking about? What had I said….something about being a…OH, RIGHT. Lady talk.

“I mean, I’m a chick,” I said, a little more aggressively than what might warrant for the situation, but there was something about what she said that needled me in the wrong places and I set out to set her straight quick. “I’m a female or whatever, I just ain’t a lady. Ladie’s are graceful and clean‘n shit and they don’t…um…” The fire dropped out of my voice a little and my eyes averted to the side, ashamed all over again. “Ladies don’t, uh…scream ’fuck’ at little kids.”

I suddenly pointed at her with my muzzle for a span of seconds before straightening myself up again. “Like, right now,” I explained, trying to drive my point home, “We’re both women, right? You’re a lady. I ain’t one. See a difference?” There I stood, crusted and shaggy with rapidly drying sweat, my mane and coat sticking out in awkward directions—while she stood…I don’t know about pristine, but she certainly didn’t look and smell like a rutting goat.

“Anyway, uh…” I said quickly, moving past a topic that was quickly becoming uncomfortable for me. She seemed confused with what I was gonna do with the…shit I found, and I mean, it’s whatever, right? Ain’t like I had the best idea for it. “I know a guy,” I said simply, still inwardly shuddering at the dangerous ideas I was getting with this thing. Then—suddenly—I got suspicious, wondering why she was so interested in what I wanted to do with something that I had busted my ass to uncover.

Why? My voice was a shove as I looked at her with a sharp gaze, “What d’you think I should do with it?”

@[Maren]

M A R E N

Nobody mapped oblivion

Nothing. She regret nothing. Vigil eyes watched the young one run for the wilds once again, leave, while what she had said was left bouncing and punching her steel heart. Yes, she had been insulted. But she had never really made it about her, simply because she did not care enough about the trivial things. At least they had that in common. And she had still punched on, slapped her against that gleaming, steel thing. It had been hopeless, though. For wisdom would not flee the veins that pumped that one heart-shaped muscle, that one that would not budge - Only echoed back the kind of waste poetry that had no real worth to the filly now, Tempe. So no, her shouts filled with dislike did not lay the slightest touch on her. The tigermare clenched her teeth as her eyes bathed in emptiness. Or did they? Her wings had grown more silent than ever, as if ashamed of their owner. And something within the tigermare felt an ache grow, as if there was fear that her wings would just fly off in disgust, too. With her mind as silent as the frosty snow, she watched the already small body of the filly grow tinyer and tinyer as she disappeared. For perhaps she had been stupid, but fragile, nonetheless - A china-doll which Maren had aggressively thrown on heavenly white marble floors, along with nothing but her delicate faith, belief, that that doll would be able to pick herself up again, someday, just to glue back together her own shattered pieces. But some toes, eyeballs or ears would simply be lost forever. And it was just glue, leaving marks. And Maren... Maren had just not thought that trough. For the future of the world took sacrifices, and sooner or later the universe would take everyone in its insidious embrace, and the shaking game would start, ready or not, nevertheless. Still - Still she did not think that she would've done it any different, if she had been given the chance.

“NO, YOU CAN’T SAY THAT,”

Maren awoke from her gaze, and looked behind her where the Bold One still existed; the one on the other end of her teachings. And she seemed to have wanted to hop in the last coupè before the train would choo-choo-off, but she had just missed it. The girl had flown off. They were done teaching about the way of the world. Closed. Shut down, and taking the rest of the day off. "I won't have kids... Ever." she said quietly, in the following silence waiting for the other mare to tell her: Well, yeah. I think that's just a splendid idea. Then she remembered their more lightweight part in their conversing, and Maren took a breath. The madness, however, did not stop with Tempe leaving. She had enough of it. "Shhh... You just said you didn't knów, I would've been okay with anything, really", she shrugged. "I might have just been distracted. My apologies." So she was a lady or girl - Chick even; learning new words. It did not matter to her, she was allowed to be anything. "I wanted to scream fuck..." she admitted, frowning, had wanted to scream it hard, but sanity had hold her. A hint of softness appeared at the corners of her lips. "Be whatever you want to, just know that they are all the same, ultimately. You are a lady if you decide to be." She hesitated, being called a lady now, too. And she felt what the Bold One must have felt - It. Just. Didn't. Fit. I am nor a girl, lady, chick or even a princess. "I feel that I am nothing but the mare; Maren." She was just another believer - Just another one that cared about the balance of the world. Did the rest really matter? Still, she kinda liked this girl and her blunt personality. She gave a bit more color to the world, a bit more of both innocents and boldness.

"Then go find that guy." the tigermare smiled with a twinkle in her eye, because she was also but a random sucker for ironic accidental stupidity like that guy.

@[Roskuld] || Notes: || Wordcount: 690 ||

Please tag me 

My chest swelled and so did my cheeks a little with the indignation of her “shushing” me. Like—what the hell, the bitch was shushing me? Like I was the kid in this equation?! I mean damn, I ain’t a lady but that didn’t mean she could go around patronizing me ‘n shit! What gives? I held my breath for a span of moments, keeping the hot air locked in and circulating around my nerves—then I let it all out in one huge gush, because it was pointless to get mad over virtually nothing at this point and, to be fair, I had been a little abrasive to her when I now knew she ain’t deserve none of that.

So who was I to get pissed at the white flag she was trying to wave? She had every right to wave it in my fool face and I had every right to nut-up and accept the shit. So I did—I let it go, grasping onto the words about kids she had uttered under her breath mere moments ago. Running them through my head again, I couldn’t help but snort a little in reluctant amusement. Right? I muttered in agreement, feeling a chill crawl up my spine. I mean—okay, I don’t have a thing against kids themselves, but to get kids you gotta put this thing in another thing and stir it all together a little bit until it’s a dripping, frothing mess of—

--uh—

--ew. Moving on.

The corner of my mouth pulled slightly when she admitted to wanting to scream fuck, too—letting me feel a little better about myself and my atrocious habits. The smirk didn’t fall even when she was telling me about how I could be a lady if I “wanted to”—I couldn’t quite look her in the eye, though, forgiving her easily for what she was saying, because how could she know what her words meant to me?

I mean, hell, I’m not even sure exactly what they mean.

But she gave me her name and there was a lurch in my stomach that suddenly remembered and felt bad for leaving that little tidbit out of our meeting thus far. I mean…we’d been busy, true, but that was no excuse, “Ros,” I gave in return—and with it, I noted in my head that this Tigerlady was neither a tiger or a lady, but some chick named Maren who felt like screaming “fuck” at confusing little dipshits. I mean…hey, I guess I fucks with that.

I mean…whatever. Don’t mean nothin.

Jeez.

*"Then go find that guy."*

“I will find that guy!” I said, maybe a little stronger than one might imagine in a conversation that was becoming more amicable by the second, but it was normal for me so she better just get used to it. “You go…uh…” I floundered for a moment, because I’m not really all about telling people what to do or nothing like that. "You....do on ‘head and do what you do, Maren,” my voice sorta flopped, losing the strength of my bite a little. Awkardly, I dropped my head to gather the pieces of my thing, because the aurora was gone and it was getting kinda chilly and I was done with this place, to be honest. At least, for the moment.

@[Maren]