the Rift

[OPEN] Flashing Lights

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

*"Look out for sharp edges."*

”Look out for sharp edges,” I probably would have mimicked in a super high, annoying voice. But I was too busy sweating to notice what she said.

Three more pieces came out of the hole. Then another one. Then another, and I piled them together, and I wasn’t really paying attention to the way they were jigsaw-puzzling the blade pieces together. No, I was busy working my lips and teeth over the last piece stuck in the ice, the largest piece that seemed like more than just a fragment of metal. This one made me pull super hard for it—and, in fact, I’m pretty sure I pulled a muscle somewhere in my neck I was straining it so hard to pull out. Turns out, it was such a long piece that I ended up having to carve it out a little more to loosen the shit enough.

And so, lots of sweat and grunts and cramps later, I was throwing the last piece of the thing down onto the snow, huffing and puffing as I gazed down on my discovery. I didn’t know what a hilt was, or a handle, because horses don’t have opposable thumbs and we don’t fucks with that type of shit. But that’s what I had pulled out, and I was looking down on all the pieces of a craptastic weapon.

I leaned back on my haunches, letting the sweat roll down my sides and catching my breath, my whole body thrumming with the warm glow of exhaustion and pride I guess. I mean, it’s not too presumptuous to be proud, is it? I pretty much did battle with a huge-ass glacier and I slayed the bastard and I was looking down on the spoils of my conquest. And maybe it was utter garbage, but fuck you I thought the shit was pretty cool, even when these strangers fussed around it, trying to figure out its shape, its purpose.

*"Well, Miss.... Stripey...It appears that this would be a WEAPON. It is sharp, and metal."*

No shit, I thought to myself, really surprising myself with how much of an ass I was being to a child. Jeez, should probably reel it back in a little, right? So I busied myself with cleaning/scratching the itchiest parts of my body (my elbow, the point of my croup, etc) while I waited for my blood to cool and my head to stop spinning from all the ice-fighting or whatever. But then the kid directly talked to me and I was blindsided and I didn’t have time to think though my response before I started talking.

“Well, uh,” I said, totally prepping myself to say something super assholish, “I personally think it’s the cross section of Zeus’ di--what the fuck you call me? I suddenly realized that “Bughorns” was the name that was used, and my ears cocked and my eyes sat hard on this filly for a second before I realized oh shit this is a filly I should probably not cuss or something. “I mean, uh…” I floundered, really feeling like a douche right then, “…what?”

My eyes darted to Headwings and back to the child and I didn’t know what to do so I just snorted and looked at my bitchin’ sword because I dun’ goofed.

@[Maren] @[Tempe]

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Flashing Lights - by Roskuld - 02-20-2015, 11:25 AM
RE: Flashing Lights - by Maren - 02-20-2015, 02:43 PM
RE: Flashing Lights - by Roskuld - 02-23-2015, 02:56 PM
RE: Flashing Lights - by Maren - 02-24-2015, 02:54 PM
RE: Flashing Lights - by Tempe - 03-05-2015, 02:17 AM
RE: Flashing Lights - by Roskuld - 03-16-2015, 12:09 PM
RE: Flashing Lights - by Maren - 03-18-2015, 02:01 PM
RE: Flashing Lights - by Tempe - 03-22-2015, 03:10 PM
RE: Flashing Lights - by Roskuld - 03-22-2015, 03:56 PM