the Rift

[OPEN] Flashing Lights

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

*“Because – and this will be the last thing I will tell you: As the youngest, it is polite to introduce yourself first.”*

UGH, JEEZ.

Somehow this mare (I can’t call her Headwings anymore, I just can’t man), this…lady was finding more and more ways to make me feel a lot more ashamed of myself then I planned on feeling that day. Like jeez, wasn’t I just looking up at the bitchin lights being entranced by them? (Lights that had disappeared by now, but there was too much going on for me to notice that). But no, no, now I was surrounded by a lady and some kid who were both doing things to make me mad and make me feel awful all in the same bundle of shitty, scratchy yarn.

More and more I started shrinking from the cool blades that fell from the Tigerlady’s mouth, continuing to chastise the girl who had given us weird nicknames. I mean, jeez I just wanted to look at my thing, I didn’t feel like getting pulled into an etiquette debate! Gosh. But while I was trying to withdraw myself from the fray, the kid wasn’t going down without a fight—and the little thing came out swinging hard.

Oh jeez jeez jeez--

It felt like I was stuck in the middle of an all-out fire fight. I…honestly couldn’t give a rat’s ass about what was eating either of them, but they were verbally duking it out and I couldn’t help but watch the shit go up in flames and the little girl knot a noose for herself. It’s like watching someone crash into the ground and you know you ought’a help them up or something but the way their limbs had flailed and the goofy-ass look on their face and everything else about the spectacle had fascinated you and set your sides to rolling with laughter. Except I wasn’t laughing at this wreck of a scene, mostly because it was so shocking.

Finally, the kid threw down her finisher.

* "I am sorry to have met you, for you seem to be so.. so.. RUDE AS FUCK!"*

AGH GOD NO.

I pranced in place, suddenly panicking, because there was no mistaking that she had obviously gotten that word from me. My head was frozen while she apologized to me of all people (how did I suddenly become the common denominator for sense in this equation?) and by the time I had gotten my wits together, it was too late. NO, YOU CAN’T SAY THAT, I shouted after her, but the tiny thing was already flying off, evidently upset and the apparent loser in this particular battle. I threw my head upwards in defeat, a garbled something leaving my mouth (sort of like “aAUGAhaghaghghg”) that left me feeling even more like a brute than before. Shit man, I just wanted a thing!

I didn’t mean to be a role-model!

Fuck.

I mean---

--um—

….FUCK.

And I was still gurgling incoherently, feeling absolutely awful about everything that was going wrong here, when Head—no, Tigerlady said something to pull me out of my vortex of self-pity/loathing with even more things that were catching me off guard.

*"You're not... a woman...?"*

“Wha…?” I blurted, looking at her with a cocked eyebrow while I tried to catch up with her train of thought. What was she talking about? What had I said….something about being a…OH, RIGHT. Lady talk.

“I mean, I’m a chick,” I said, a little more aggressively than what might warrant for the situation, but there was something about what she said that needled me in the wrong places and I set out to set her straight quick. “I’m a female or whatever, I just ain’t a lady. Ladie’s are graceful and clean‘n shit and they don’t…um…” The fire dropped out of my voice a little and my eyes averted to the side, ashamed all over again. “Ladies don’t, uh…scream ’fuck’ at little kids.”

I suddenly pointed at her with my muzzle for a span of seconds before straightening myself up again. “Like, right now,” I explained, trying to drive my point home, “We’re both women, right? You’re a lady. I ain’t one. See a difference?” There I stood, crusted and shaggy with rapidly drying sweat, my mane and coat sticking out in awkward directions—while she stood…I don’t know about pristine, but she certainly didn’t look and smell like a rutting goat.

“Anyway, uh…” I said quickly, moving past a topic that was quickly becoming uncomfortable for me. She seemed confused with what I was gonna do with the…shit I found, and I mean, it’s whatever, right? Ain’t like I had the best idea for it. “I know a guy,” I said simply, still inwardly shuddering at the dangerous ideas I was getting with this thing. Then—suddenly—I got suspicious, wondering why she was so interested in what I wanted to do with something that I had busted my ass to uncover.

Why? My voice was a shove as I looked at her with a sharp gaze, “What d’you think I should do with it?”

@[Maren]

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Flashing Lights - by Roskuld - 02-20-2015, 11:25 AM
RE: Flashing Lights - by Maren - 02-20-2015, 02:43 PM
RE: Flashing Lights - by Roskuld - 02-23-2015, 02:56 PM
RE: Flashing Lights - by Maren - 02-24-2015, 02:54 PM
RE: Flashing Lights - by Tempe - 03-05-2015, 02:17 AM
RE: Flashing Lights - by Roskuld - 03-16-2015, 12:09 PM
RE: Flashing Lights - by Maren - 03-18-2015, 02:01 PM
RE: Flashing Lights - by Tempe - 03-22-2015, 03:10 PM
RE: Flashing Lights - by Roskuld - 03-22-2015, 03:56 PM