the Rift

[OPEN] Homeward March! [Welcoming]

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
"You will love it!" As we start our journey to the Dragon's Throat I give her a run down of the best parts about being a Throatian. Personally I prefer the term 'Throatling' but I want to impress Ísfold and 'Throatian' has a more impressive, almost regal, ring to it.

"I can show you all of the best places. Some days it gets so hot that you need to know just the right place to lay. Oh! And I can show you where the grass grows tastiest!" Mumbling to myself I make a list of places and tricks to show my new friend.

From the Threshold we have marched. I am used to flying from place to place and walking seems to take ages. My legs have actually started to ache a little. I make a note for myself to start running more or else I will end up with floppy frog legs. Nobody likes frog legs; except for possibly frogs of course.

It is no short trek from the Threshold to the Dragon's Throat. We wade through the swaying grasses of the Thistle Meadow. I walk with some of the delicious blades poking from my mouth along with a full stomach. We bask in the warmth that radiates from Helovia's Heart. I spread my wings slighty allowing the friendly heat to dance upon them. We walk for a few days time. I offer Ísfold my friendship whole-heartedly.

Then finally, after much excited chatter about the herdland, the Dragon's Throat comes into view! I feel as if trumpets should sound. Cries of welcome should ring out. I am eager to be home; eager to show our newest member her new home.

I am so eager that I forget that Ísfold is wingless. Whenever we reach the gaping mouth that the land bridge had once allowed equines and unicorns passage I launch my body into the air. Content I allow myself to glide towards our newly made island.

I am nearly halfway across before I realize that Ísfold is not at my side. Of course she isn't! Spinning quickly I rush back to her side.

"I am so sorry! I am just so excited for you to become a member. We're like family" I stand next to her and watch for a higher ranked member to approach. "I am no more than a citizen member. With no rank I am unable to officially accept you, but soon a member with a higher rank will."

@[Ísfold]
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Ísfold Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The trip home was quite long but it was nothing Ísfold couldn't handle. After spending majority of her life traveling great distances before getting rest her body was built for this. The heat was slowly starting to get to the mare though. She could feel the dampness under her mane, few drops of sweat ran down her neck. It was different than what she was used to, the heat that is. Ísfold had often taken residence in colder climates though had been to a few warmer ones. This would be interesting though, seeing how this would develop. She was sure one day she would get used to the overwhelming heat, for now though she would have to bathe herself in water regularly.

Her lips split into a smile when Rei continued to talk. The spotted mare was quite enjoyable company and Ísfold hoped the two would remain friends after they reached her new home. Rei didn't seem to be one to leave a friend behind though so the palomino mare did not fear that.

The icelandic mare nodded as she spoke, explaining to her where to find the best places to eat, where it was best to lay during the warmer days. Ísfold wondered if this day would be considered very hot or just a normal temperature. She would find out soon she figured.

Suddenly the spotted mare launches her body into the air and Ísfold followed her with her left eye. The wings reminded her of someone she had lost in the past. As the memory flashed through her mind it was as if her heart was split in two. Her expression showed nothing though. A soft laughter flowed from Ísfold's lips when the pegasus returned to her, apologizing for her actions. The short mare did not mind though, they were graceful beings and Ísfold loved to see them take into the air, watch their wings spread and their body leaving the ground.

"No need to apologize," Ísfold said in a happy voice with a warm smile on her face. When Rei spoke about a family a warm feeling flowed through her veins. A family was something Ísfold could use now, she hoped that she would make some close and valuable friends around her. From what she knew so far of the Throatians she did not doubt it. Ísfold nodded to Rei as she explained that Ísfold had to be accepted first.

Ísfold glanced around, taking everything. Excitement jolted through her. Finally. A home.

@[Rei]