the Rift

[OPEN] The Lumbering Giant with an Egg

Vincent Posts: 32
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 19.0 :: 10 Buff: NOVICE
Claribel :: Irish Wolfhound :: None Sparrow
'No, no, no, no...'

Panic. Fear. Terror. Uncertainty.

Wide, bulging eyes stared in bewildered anxiety and uneasiness as the tiny egg at his massive, dinner-plate sized hooves rolled, jumped, shifted, twist-and-turned, and cracked.

"N-n-not here... Not h-h-heeeere..." The muttered, distressed whimpers came out in gasping, elongated breaths, as though standing there and staring down at the egg with glowing, molten gold oculars was causing the towering beast physical agony.

Vincent had been slowly making his way down the path from the Heavenly Fields as evening quickly approached, his immense, lumbering frame taking careful steps as not to jostle the egg that he carried... But much to his horror and eternal self-damnation, he had stumbled, and the tiny, innocent, defenseless egg had lurched itself free from the crude, makeshift satchel he had made out of twigs and willow tree branches and had rolled down the rugged terrain path, down, down, down...

The ebonite goliath had promptly stumbled after it, dragging his cumbersome bulk and girth after the runaway egg, hooves scrabbling at rocks and dirt in a clumsy, foal-like pace. Vincent had not been graced with Archibald's sure-footedness, nor his grace and poise and abilities. Archibald was the good son... Vincent was not.

Failure. Lost cause. The disappointment. Good-for-nothing.

'I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...!'

The white and blue-speckled egg had rolled to a stop into a small, soft collection of grasses and shrubbery that had not yet been withered by the intense summer sun, and Vincent's hulking, wheezing frame had shuffled to a stop before it...

And that was where he found himself now; staring down at the egg with eyes wide and glowing with intense emotion, sides heaving, terror radiating from every pore because the egg had cracked... It had cracked and it was hatching, and Vincent had no clue where he was.

He was not safe. He and his miniature egg were not safe. Archibald was nowhere to be seen to protect him. Myrinne and her sweet, soothing kindness were far, far away. Not even the Leviathan, Abraham, was nearby... He was alone.

Alone.

And his egg was hatching.

The shell was weakened from the fall and the roll down the rugged path, and Vincent could only watch as whatever was inside lurched and slowly began to break free from its tiny home. One paw broke free from the confines of the eggshell, a soft, wet grey-brown color with wire coated hair... And another paw broke out, followed quickly by two more, and a tiny tail slithered out by the back left leg... And soon, all that was left was a small section of shell that covered the little creature's head.

Hesitantly the cowardly brute lowered his head towards the itty-bitty, wriggling body, and he lipped at the shell of the egg and knocked it aside... To reveal a whimpering head of a wire-coated puppy. A puppy? A puppy was what had been inside the egg? Vincent sniffed at it, lipping at the pup's coat, the glowing of his eyes softening to their normal warm hue of gold as his concern for the tiny animal overrode his fear of being near such a strange, foreign area.

ooc: So... Vincent found himself at the border of the Hidden Falls with an egg that's hatching. He MAY or may not join the Falls, not sure yet. BUT he poses no threat, obviously, and I have permission to post his lovely-face at the herd border! Egg hatching thread!

I clutched my life
And wished it kept.
My dearest love I'm not done yet
reference

I raised myself.
My legs were weak.
I prayed my mind be good to me.

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob
White December

She had seen the events unfold before her from the edge the trees, happening upon the peculiar scene during her patrol. Now that she was in the warrior ranks, she had a lot more duties than she did before, not that she really minded. Her thick build carried her calmly forward, never increasing or slowing her pace as she approached the taller brute. He was a draft like she, black as night save the white feathered socks and massive white blaze. She took note of the intricate gold marking upon his right eye, before looking down at the pup before them. He was lipping it softly, attempting to see if it was okay.

Carl, who had been trying to run to catch up with his bonded finally came to a halt at her read leg, looking at her with those deep brown eyes. When he finally caught his breath, he began to loudly bleat, obviously giving the mare an earful because of her actions. She ignored him, simply stomping the large hoof next to him roughly to quiet him. He was about to continue, but he stopped, sensing in her mind and emotions that she wasn't giving a light warning. Flattening long, pale grey ears upon his wooly skull, before the llama snorted, spitting aggressively on her thigh in defiance, before slipping underneath her girth and curling up to rest. He had exhausted himself trying to keep up with his rather bossy adopted mother.

Steel eyes looked the figure up and down, before looking to the small pup, a soft breath of air escaping her nares. With ears flicking to and fro to keep attention to the areas surrounding her and this stranger, she finally spoke up," It will be fine. They always appear weak then they are first hatched. What brings you to the Falls, or did you accidentally stumble upon us?" Her tone never wavered, eyes never moving away from his as her expression remained stoic and plain, her intentions made quite clear in her question. It was her duty, along with the leads, to meet newcomers at the border and ask what business they had. Should they want to enter, a lead would be summoned, but until then, she would simply hear his case, and see if he needed anything else besides entrance. After all, one can't control when an animal wants to make its way into the world.

"Do you have a name in mind for the pup?"

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 412
Tag: Vincent
OOC: Forgive me xD )>

image credits

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

I found that snow-white mare again that I believe her name to be December was it? She was always with a stranger lingering by the borders with her voice calm and full of query. I made note to get to know her more, my ability to socialize was slowly getting better and I found the more I converse with my herd the more they open up to me. Apparently there was some gain in making acquaintances and it couldn’t hurt to know the horses that served me well. No, it would do me good to mingle more in these meetings and reject the part of me that cringed away. At her side was a creature I didn’t see the last time, a gangly thing that looked like one of those llamas with the long necks and snooty faces. I wonder if it was this animal that was making the noise earlier that had dragged me to this very spot, wolf pup in tow. Fantôme watched the creature curiously with round dark eyes wondering if it was okay to pounce on it or not. I gave him a disapproving glance and he looked away in disappointment. How cruel the world could be.

The topic in question was a big lad, far taller and thicker than my feeble form as well as bigger than that of December. There was something familiar about him, something in his appearance that reminded me of Archibald, that Captain who acted more like a King than anything else. I had quite liked him; he was blunt and broody, quite stereotypical of a warrior and a handy looking one at that. I wonder if he still challenged his sovereign’s words or whether they had given up and thrown him the crown? I had quite enjoyed that conversation even if they had looked upon me like some unwanted foreigner. It was fun to watch them squirm.

He seemed concerned over the new pup in front of him and it reminded me of my own miracle not that long ago. I glance at Fantôme who has already spotted the newborn and he laid on the floor, watching it carefully. It seemed all creatures hatched from eggs, I had been surprised with what was inside my own, but this land was odd and apparently no matter the bond, it would always start with an egg.

December had covered the main concerns so I join in with more nonchalant conversation. "Congratulations, you’ll never be alone again" I commented, still looking at my own bonded now and then with the same thought. Never alone why was a social misfit given such a creature. Perhaps it was for just that reason. I turn my attention to the big fellow then and my eyes narrow curiously "have I seen you before? You look familiar" the eye marking was throwing me off, but still. Who was he?

@[Vincent] / @[December]

We're volcanoes in the night
We're rolling like meteorites
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte