the Rift

[OPEN] The Lumbering Giant with an Egg

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

I found that snow-white mare again that I believe her name to be December was it? She was always with a stranger lingering by the borders with her voice calm and full of query. I made note to get to know her more, my ability to socialize was slowly getting better and I found the more I converse with my herd the more they open up to me. Apparently there was some gain in making acquaintances and it couldn’t hurt to know the horses that served me well. No, it would do me good to mingle more in these meetings and reject the part of me that cringed away. At her side was a creature I didn’t see the last time, a gangly thing that looked like one of those llamas with the long necks and snooty faces. I wonder if it was this animal that was making the noise earlier that had dragged me to this very spot, wolf pup in tow. Fantôme watched the creature curiously with round dark eyes wondering if it was okay to pounce on it or not. I gave him a disapproving glance and he looked away in disappointment. How cruel the world could be.

The topic in question was a big lad, far taller and thicker than my feeble form as well as bigger than that of December. There was something familiar about him, something in his appearance that reminded me of Archibald, that Captain who acted more like a King than anything else. I had quite liked him; he was blunt and broody, quite stereotypical of a warrior and a handy looking one at that. I wonder if he still challenged his sovereign’s words or whether they had given up and thrown him the crown? I had quite enjoyed that conversation even if they had looked upon me like some unwanted foreigner. It was fun to watch them squirm.

He seemed concerned over the new pup in front of him and it reminded me of my own miracle not that long ago. I glance at Fantôme who has already spotted the newborn and he laid on the floor, watching it carefully. It seemed all creatures hatched from eggs, I had been surprised with what was inside my own, but this land was odd and apparently no matter the bond, it would always start with an egg.

December had covered the main concerns so I join in with more nonchalant conversation. "Congratulations, you’ll never be alone again" I commented, still looking at my own bonded now and then with the same thought. Never alone why was a social misfit given such a creature. Perhaps it was for just that reason. I turn my attention to the big fellow then and my eyes narrow curiously "have I seen you before? You look familiar" the eye marking was throwing me off, but still. Who was he?

@[Vincent] / @[December]

We're volcanoes in the night
We're rolling like meteorites
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
The Lumbering Giant with an Egg - by Vincent - 02-21-2015, 01:02 PM