the Rift

[OPEN] pieces of a story

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

The wind whistled their arrival, lilting and chilling, a welcome repose from the humid, sultry affairs of Tallsun’s reign. Their journey had been without folly, chattering and conversing about this and that, flanking their whimsical movements with charitable exchanges. She told him of their sovereigns, “We have two leaders, Lord Deimos and Lady Ophelia – both are very strong,” and other keen etchings of note, “The lake is grand during Tallsun!” But as they drew towards the Basin, in all of its imposing glory, in all of its grand opulence, she wondered how Karnivool felt, suddenly traipsed between beauty and danger. The lithe nymph remembered their first opportunity to touch, to grace, the valleys and peaks, and it’d been a holy, magnificent ritual for barbarians who’d lost their home, who’d done nothing but wander the vast arches, caverns, and steppes, growing hungry, weary, and downtrodden by their defeat. There they’d stayed, refugees of the mountains, ensuring its growth, providing nuance, presence, and piety amidst its unwavering sanctuary. Even when they’d all been forced to leave for those raw intervals of disease and shadow, it had stood mighty, stalwart, and strong; upon their arrival back into the distinct outlier, into the north, into Siberia, she’d remained, dominating, staunch, unchanged by the darkness shrouding and enveloping her. Perhaps Karnivool could see the aurora’s fortitude, the gallant, enigmatic unwinding of forest and plain, of deep, plentiful snow, of melting icicles and cool, beatific caverns. Perhaps he could see the tranquility, the serenity, the treachery, lying in wait, emboldened shards to hold, to trace, to sketch out his fate. She glanced back towards his sable features, grin fully enveloping her lips, extending her patronage as they came to the first of many monuments, the high rising sentinels. The sylph painted one dulcet breath, strung it with finesse, with elegance, with power and prestige, proclaiming ardent delights, even while beneath the sanctity of a metallic giant. “Welcome to the Aurora Basin!” Kitsune and Mender moved, maneuvered closer, towards the entrance so the newcomer could spy upon the riches, could delve into their secrets, could explore the vast regions. “These,” pointing to the monoliths with her maw, “are our sentinels. They’re not quite finished, but they protect our borders.” She left how and why as a mysterious, intriguing element, didn’t explain why the Basin was constantly bombarded by those who yearned to exploit, finishing on a lush set of dance steps towards the broad aperture, venturing into the sunshine and valley. “Is there anything else you’d like to see first?” Her eyes gazed back over the unfreezing lake, perfection in the hot, hazy days, towards the hot springs, ignored at this time of year when heat was no longer necessary, along the caves, coated and veiled in obscurities, and the lovely, bountiful forest. The healer finished on a crisp, softened note, finale lush and positioned back upon him. She could visit each and every one of the reigning precipices over and over again, but it would be his choice upon which ones to see, which ones to witness and examine.

Welcoming thread for @[Karnivool]! Please join in! ^__^

Lena</style>
where there is love, there is life.</style>

image by safetylast @ flickr.com

Karnivool Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Karnivool

It had been a pleasant trip. Little had happened as Lena and I made our way to my new home in the north and the conversation had flowed well. I had listened carefully to everything she spoke about, as I never knew when I may find it useful. "I am pleased to hear it. Strong leaders is important to the survival of a herd." I dipped my horned head in a nod to her words before a smile grazed my lips. "You must show it to me one day."

My words failed me as something out of my worst nightmare towered over me. I had never seen anything like it before, but I felt no fear. My thoughts would not stay my own though and I gave her a glimpse of my mind. "I am glad I am here with good intentions then." In spite of my honesty, I did not ask why such a monster was necessary, but I had a gnawing feeling that I would find it out sooner than later.

But now I just wanted to enjoy the view and cherish the exitement of things unknown. And I did, even though I had no good answer to Lena's next question. "I do not know. What do you think I should see?" My dam would kick the air out of me if she had heard me now. To answer a question with another question was extremely inappropriate and almost an sin. I did not care.

All that mattered now was to find my place and keep making friends. That was not an impossible goal, was it?

I'll kill you with kindness
Image Credit

OOC - sorry for the crappy post! Next one will be better :D

Waprevah Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 6.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 4 HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
TheIceViking

The flaxen liver chestnut mare was enjoying the current season a lot more than the previous one. Even though the mare would not let it be seen she was not a huge fan of the cold. She didn't mind it greatly but if she could choose she would prefer the warmer climates. Today though the air was warm and the days were longer, which Waprevah really liked. A warm breeze passed her and played with her long mane, a chill went down her spine and a smirk crawled upon her skulled face.

The mare walked around slowly, taking one step at a time and glancing at her surroundings. It was time to learn this place in and out and every detail of it. It was a valuable knowledge and the mare hated nothing more than getting lost. Well that was not true, there were a few things that came to mind which really ticked her off.

Waprevah had yet to recognize all the scents lingering in the air and whom they belonged to. She also had yet to meet everyone around here though she hardly bothered to put an effort into it. The mare usually educated herself well on the party before attempting a conversation with them. It wasn't always possible though and she knew that very well.

It was very true that she knew few but she was aware of a newcomer. The scent was completely fresh to her senses. Her eyes glanced around and two shapes came to her vision. A mare and a stallion. Waprevah knew it was about time to get to know other members of the herd, even though it was just small talk, she could not hide in the caves forever and be accepted into the herd at the same time.

The mare came to a halt near the pair, a soft smile on her lips, almost feeling welcoming. "Well, hello there," she said in a soothing voice, dragging out her words slightly. "I believe we have never met," she said directing her words towards the mare, "and you are new?" she asked the stallion.

"I'm Waprevah, it is a pleasure to meet you..."

Image Credits
Please tag Wappy in all replies <3
[Image: 6dbd477f6a4a31a0de8712698f20429a-d8dbyo6.png]

“The ones who are insane enough to think that they can rule the world are always the ones who do.”

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

The chatter continued, and the fairy was content to oblige, ruminating and speculating over which subjects she could gloss upon without too much villainy or violence, with all the wonder and whimsy and beauty the Basin deserved. Karnivool seemed to pay no heed to the curious statues, other than paying them due credence, to which she smiled, inclined her gaze back over the rolling, sweeping turns of valleys and hues, exalting a resolute breath in the crisp outlines, in the summer formations. What should he have seen first? She could take him on a tour, wander through the clear, open world, become enchanted by the timber and copse, the nestled boughs, the moss and shrubbery. She could push him towards the lake, fine and glassy, or the Time God’s mirror shining and shimmering in a sanctified cave, where she’d seen friends reappear, where she’d seen no reflection in the strange, unnerving portal. She could set him towards the pathways along the summits, where a day’s journey would leave him breathless and tired, but surrounded by incandescent, luminous color, streaks of aurora benediction. Before she had an opportunity to answer his question, for she’d been far too busy daydreaming, Imogen gave the slightest chirp, indicating another stranger in the midst. It was a stalwart credit to Lena’s calm and composure, because no sooner had the warning been lilted that a newcomer enshrouded in a skull appeared, and while seemingly friendly, a smile blooming beneath the skeletal mask, the femme certainly embodied a frightful appearance. If the nymph was unnerved, she never hinted at the distinction, glossing another formidable, earnest smile over her lips, ghosting and dusting the fibers of her fortitude and might in the sway of her soft, dulcet candor, bright, cheery, animated in the notion of new allies and brethren. Whether she had to be guarded, had to be alert, was a sentiment strung between the florets and charms, the crackling, snapping plumes of her Time God feather, and the delicate balance of staunch capability. “I don’t believe we have – it’s a pleasure as well. I’m Lena, a Time Mender.” Here she winked toward Karnivool, imploring their fresh acquaintance into the toils and foils of their impending crusades. “We were just going to wander the Basin. Newcomers should always be aware of their empire.” Polite and infused, finessed, with grace, elegance, and poise, her gaze swept over the skull, the belle under the bones, and coiled another invitation. “Would you like to join us?”

[Thank you for joining! Whee! @[Karnivool] @[Waprevah]

Lena</style>
where there is love, there is life.</style>

image by safetylast @ flickr.com