the Rift

[PRIVATE] a mixture of descent and decay

Mordecai Posts: 77
Aurora Basin Mare atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

"What's happening? What's going on? What is this? Why is it so hot? What's that smell? I don't like it. Why is it so bright? It hurts my eyes."

The newborn lay motionless for a short time after her birth as she tried to sort out all of the different sensations that were suddenly assaulting all of her senses. Her ears moved atop her head, falling sideways before tilting forward to listen to the voice that spoke. She lifted her head and squinted against the sunlight at her mother. A natural feeling of love bloomed within the child's chest and she waited for her mother to move closer to her, to show her affection, clean her, but she was only directed to stand on legs that were still too weak and unsteady to hold her upright. When she remained unmoving she was hauled to her hooves by her mother's teeth gripped to her wing.

The filly braced her legs apart as she was hauled to a standing position, but her legs trembled, and her heart thundered in her tiny chest. It took every ounce of strength she had to remain standing, but it was what her mother wanted. It was a mixture of instinct and some inborn desire to please her mother that made the girl attempt a step forward, which only ended in her failure. She was jerked upright once more and, once more, she fell. Over and over she was told to stand, pulled by her wing, only to fall again.

Its weak.

"Me? I'm weak? Is that what I'm called? My name?"

STAND!

The sound of her mother's voice had the filly trying desperately to scoot away, but she only succeeded in angering the mare. This time when she grabbed her wing white hot pain flashed through the appendage into her shoulder and she squealed. Her hooves left the ground and for a short moment she was airborne before she hit the ground with a grunt. She lay on her side, one wing positioned in a way it shouldn't and the other tucked safely between her small body and the ground. Tears pricked the girls eyes and she sniffed but remained still.

Kill it, Merikh.

"Kill it? Me? What does kill mean?"

"."

MORDECAI

when the last light warms the rocks and the rattlesnakes unfold
mountain cats will come along to drag away your bones

Messages In This Thread
a mixture of descent and decay - by Histe - 02-23-2015, 01:02 AM
RE: a mixture of descent and decay - by Mordecai - 02-23-2015, 01:16 AM
RE: a mixture of descent and decay - by Einarr - 02-23-2015, 06:37 PM
RE: a mixture of descent and decay - by Rhoa - 02-23-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: a mixture of descent and decay - by Histe - 02-23-2015, 09:32 PM