the Rift

[OPEN] Twilight Anthem [Hatching]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
THOR
Looking down into almond-shaped eyes, I was consumed. I’d never seen anything quite as beautiful as the child placed before me, aside from my own of course, and it was a brilliant intermingling of love and excitement and whimsical fantasy. I’d never felt anything quite like it before… in fact, it was mildly overwhelming. Did it feel this way for everyone? Did they bond with one of these amazing creatures and suddenly feel full, brimming at the top with emotion and connection and complete and utter admiration?

Sabine had finally managed to peel back the thick coating gathering around her shoulders and when she appeared to have a little more trouble with her backside, I dipped my head low in order to nibble at the shell. She seemed to hum against my cheek and at one point, as if she’d been a cat of some sort, she purred. I chuckled in an attempt to hide my growing affection for her, but simply couldn’t conceal the rising of my heart beat and the image of her in my mind. I felt shy around her because it seemed to me as though she could read into everything I was feeling. Each time my emotions changed, Sabine was able to mimic them in some way or another… It was mind-blowing.

When I was able to free her of the eggshell, I straightened in order to study her more fully. I wasn’t quite sure how to care for her just yet and certainly still unsure how I would be able to travel with her. I understood that many other Helovia natives found ways in which to tote their beloved babes about on their back… but how did they get them up there? The Zephyr looked much too small and frail to do it herself and there was no good way for me to move her without lifting her with my teeth. We looked at one another for a long time before I was distracted by the sound of approaching hooves. Suddenly, there was a small sense of fear blooming quickly in the back of my mind… I had no reason to fear the creatures that I shared a home with and it was then that I realized it wasn’t my own fear, but Sabine’s.

Like the diligent caretaker I’d wanted to become, I again lowered my face to the small bird-like creature and she squeaked twice against my muzzle. Clumsily, she opened her tiny wingspan and attempted to latch onto my right nostril and I snorted, surprised. We still had a long way to go until we were ultimately aware of the other’s needs, but I was already taken by Sabine and her fragile desires. I just needed to find a better way of accommodating them…

When Romani finally drew close enough to witness the Zephyr in her entirety, I smiled. “All if most certainly well Romani… but I’m having trouble figuring out how to, well, move her?” I related with another sheepish smile. “Her name is Sabine and I’ve only just acquired her, so I’m a bit overwhelmed,” I stated while glancing back to Kasai. It was then that I felt the smallest inkling of jealousy and when I returned my gaze to the Zephyr, her golden eyes had narrowed with suspicion. Had the feelings come from her? Was she already capable of the emotions I suspected were not my own? Perhaps I was going overboard with my own thoughts and ideas… surely the tiny, loving creature had not yet developed so colorful a personality…

But of course I was wrong. I always tended to be.

Do you have any advice that might be useful? I know you must have had to deal with the same problems with Kasai?” I questioned while again nuzzling Sabine and indulging myself with her cat-like purr. I was going to be a mad-man by the end of the day, but that was just fine by me… that was completely fine by me.

ooc: Holy cow, thank you! I love her already.
Specter
world's edge
Image Credit

@[Romani]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Twilight Anthem [Hatching] - by Thor - 02-23-2015, 11:57 AM
RE: Twilight Anthem [Hatching] - by Romani - 02-24-2015, 06:35 PM
RE: Twilight Anthem [Hatching] - by Thor - 02-26-2015, 01:34 PM