the Rift

[OPEN] !! Breaking Up My Bones

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride...
Quilyan
...he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him.

The stallion had been standing by a stream, cloaked by the mists that were so prevalent in their homeland. He had tried to stay as close to his mate as he could in these last few weeks, knowing that her time had to be close (isn't that how it works with mares in foal?), but on this particular day, he had tried to allow her space so as not to suffocate her with his presence. Of course, he would pick today, of all days.

Zarina alerts him to Valiance before he sees the crimson dragon soaring above; before his lover's bonded can reach him, he is already moving, knowing that if the dragon has left Resplendence, it can only mean one thing.

It is time.

He crashes through brush, barely noticing the brambles that scratch at his pelt as he pushes past; and when he emerges from the trees beside his beloved, he pauses in momentary fear and nerves, for he has never done this before, never imagined what this moment will be like. He is about to become a father, and it terrifies him and enthralls him in equal measure. Will he be a good father? Or will he merely be passable, as his own had been, caught up more in his duty than in true love for his child(ren?) - will he ever know the difference?

The one thing he does know how to do is be there for Resplendence, and so he goes to her quickly, greeting her gently with a stroke of his maw. "I am here," he tells her softly. "I am here, Resplendence." It is all he can do, and he knows that, but still he shudders at the contractions wracking her tiny frame, so fragile in comparison to himself. How can she give birth without breaking? Even in this way, she amazes him.

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil.deviantart.com | Ness8Bit.deviantart.com

Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
!! Breaking Up My Bones - by Resplendence - 02-24-2015, 12:54 AM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Quilyan - 02-27-2015, 11:41 AM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Myrrine - 02-27-2015, 01:59 PM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Resplendence - 03-04-2015, 10:08 PM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Rue - 03-04-2015, 10:43 PM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Quilyan - 03-05-2015, 01:14 PM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Myrrine - 03-06-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Kaj - 03-10-2015, 12:30 AM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Resplendence - 03-10-2015, 09:37 PM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Rue - 03-11-2015, 12:48 AM