the Rift

[OPEN] !! Breaking Up My Bones

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba

resplendence ,
hold me now and leave me never

Aye, it was a few hours till dark - till she could give birth in the safety of the shadows and shrouded mists. Her contractions, though far apart, were more painful than the first time. It is all she can do to concentrate on pushing her pain to the edges of her mind and to keep the contractions at bay. She could go for a few more hours - that much she knew, she had done it before in times such as these. Yes, she would wait for Quilyan. She had to wait for Quilyan.

Her teeth gritted, jaw locking as another contraction wove in just as Quil appeared. He says that he is here, stroking his maw across her flesh as she holds her breath ,ear flickering back in the pain. Then, she lets out a snort, nostrils flaring wide to take in as much oxygen as she could. She had time before the next one, time to pull herself back together. "Quilyan," she breathes, joy on her breath even though one would assume there to be nothing but pain.

Alas, Valiance was not back when the young one appeared. He had gone back off, Res could only assume, to find Kaj as well. The young one's muzzle pressed up against Res' cheek in a comforting manner, most of the words having been lost upon the laboring mare's mind who could only concentrate on the scent of Quilyan and the calming vibes being radiated through her and Valiance's bond.

But Kaj came quickly, tearing through the trees just as Quilyan had a few seconds prior. He seemed to take care of the young one, nostrils also wide as he tried to gather back the oxygen. And then, pride radiated through her body with the next contraction - ear trained upon Kaj as he spoke of the Angelica plant, describing it perfectly. Gritting teeth, she snorted once more, twisting a little in her place before Kaj took his position by her other side.

Once her jaw unlocked she reached out, trying to grasp Kaj's wing, to pull it closer to her and then, to rest her maw against Quil's limbs - pleading for him to take a place near her head, to offer her a warm heart to concentrate on without the tight hold of usual. But know, really, that she was not afraid. No. She just wanted the comfort as the glitter pooled around her - probably being blown onto Quil and Kaj's coats. A few breaths, eyes flickering toward Kaj. "Y-you remembered…" A shudder as she felt another warning for the contraction. "You remembered some of the herbs, I'm so proud," she whispered to Kaj, before turning back toward his question. "A daughter, a daughter who won't be afraid…" she says before grimacing with yet another contraction.

She held it off for a few hours, equine bodies meant to stop it in case of danger. And, only when the darkness officially took over the forest did the hardest of contractions take over. Still, she was definitely feeling weaker, and as the foal began to be pushed out she let out a groan of a warning, "If I pass out, before the foal's chest is out… someone needs to get Alysanne." She doubted it would happen, but she had to be sure someone did something other than stare and think it would all be fine. Valiance had also gone when Kaj spoke of the Angelica and brought back a few, which Res had eaten quickly, and it was helping a little bit now. Thank the Gods. "Quilyan… what do you hope for?" she said, voice strained with more contractions.

About an hour later, the filly was finally out - curled up on the ground behind Res, who was now shakily pulling herself to her feet. Muscles weak, head pounding. She wanted to go and sleep, but she knew she couldn't yet. Instantly, she begins to start cleaning the embryonic sac off of the child, only stopping when she knew the foal could breathe and move without risking injuring herself. "What do you all think of… Rue?" she whispered, mind already racing to find a name for the child - something Quil and she hadn't covered in depth. Yes, it was an herb, and it started with an R, like the other females in her family. But… was it right?"

Still, she was starting to sway in place - but being too stubborn to start to lay back down. She had no doubt Quil or Kaj (even both of them) would chide her for pushing herself too hard, but… she didn't want to lay on the ground anymore. So, if she couldn't press against either of them for support, she would make due and press against a tree.

Yep, still had the mild stubborn streak. Go Resplendence! "More like, lay down, Resplendence," complained Valiance, who was now circling around the foal in a protective manner - carefully using his talons to tear at the sac that Res had stopped licking off while she stopped the world from spinning.

like, omg, insert @[Rue] here nowz :P Also @[Quilyan], @[Kaj], and @[Myrrine] ©

When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! Breaking Up My Bones - by Resplendence - 02-24-2015, 12:54 AM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Quilyan - 02-27-2015, 11:41 AM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Myrrine - 02-27-2015, 01:59 PM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Resplendence - 03-04-2015, 10:08 PM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Rue - 03-04-2015, 10:43 PM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Quilyan - 03-05-2015, 01:14 PM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Myrrine - 03-06-2015, 10:57 PM