the Rift

[OPEN] !! Breaking Up My Bones

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride...
Quilyan
...he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him.

The prince is barely aware of the appearance of the youngling or the words that she speaks, though her voice is calming and reassuring. He notes that Kaj appears and is immediately filled with guilt that he has not sought his brother out sooner to explain his absence, but he is grateful that the king has sufficiently distracted Myrrine. His attention, however, is unwaveringly on his beloved, who remains prone on the ground. He glances to Kaj only when the stallion approaches, and is momentarily irritated by their lack of privacy; but then he remembers that Kaj is his king, and was likely there for Resplendence when he could not be, and he swallows his anger and offers a half-hearted smile. The worry in his eyes betrays his concern for Resplendence, and he doubts the king will hold it against him.

She wants a daughter, and he immediately realizes that that is his wish, too. Why should he want a boy, a son to take after him and learn his mistakes? A daughter would be as Resplendence is: a perfect, unwavering presence, a brilliant addition to their little family. He smiles, for real this time. "The child will have no reason to be afraid, my love. Why, look at all of us who already love him or her!" He nuzzles her affectionately.

The hours pass, nearly driving him mad. He finds time, as he waits impatiently, to consider his family - all that he has left and all that he has created for himself. Resplendence, his mate; Nasreen, his sister by blood; Kaj, who he considers his brother; Destrier and Kahlua and Alysanne, who have all done right by Resplendence and, therefore, earned his respect and adoration. There are others, aren't there, many others who have passed through their lives and earned a lasting place. But only Kaj has come to welcome their child, Kaj, who has always been there, for both of them. He is family, but the prince has the sudden urge to make it more official. "Kaj," he says, knowing that Resplendence won't mind, "Be a godfather to our child. If something should happen to me -" he halts abruptly, overwhelmed by the strange need for Kaj's acceptance of the role. His eyes plead with the stallion silently as Resplendence's contractions grow longer and more painful.

He is distracted by her voice, which asks what he hopes for. "A daughter, of course," he answers without pause. "I want him or her to be healthy, of course, but if I could choose - a daughter to take after her mother. Gods know we don't need a son to follow in my hoofprints," he tries a sorry attempt at a joke. "A girl would be perfect - just like her mother." He stays by her, refusing to move but allowing her space, standing with his maw gently pressed to her cheek.

After, as their daughter lies quietly on the ground and his beloved pulls herself shakily to her feet, the prince immediately wraps a wing around her to support her. He questions her decision to leap immediately to her feet, but she has been through childbirth before and obviously has the knowledge to make intelligent decisions of her own accord. "She's beautiful," he whispers in an almost worshipful tone. It is quite obvious that he is going to adore his daughter, that she will have him wrapped around her tail. "Rue," he agreed. "It's perfect." He lowers his head to greet his daughter, whose head has broken through the birthing sac. "Hello, little Rue."

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil.deviantart.com | Ness8Bit.deviantart.com

Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
!! Breaking Up My Bones - by Resplendence - 02-24-2015, 12:54 AM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Quilyan - 02-27-2015, 11:41 AM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Myrrine - 02-27-2015, 01:59 PM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Resplendence - 03-04-2015, 10:08 PM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Rue - 03-04-2015, 10:43 PM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Quilyan - 03-05-2015, 01:14 PM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Myrrine - 03-06-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Kaj - 03-10-2015, 12:30 AM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Resplendence - 03-10-2015, 09:37 PM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Rue - 03-11-2015, 12:48 AM