the Rift

[OPEN] !! Breaking Up My Bones

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba

resplendence ,
hold me now and leave me never

Kaj takes his place next to Resplendence, heeding her silent plea of his touch and care. His wing spread over her, a blanket of protection as she pressed her haed against her mate's flesh. Quilyan says that the child will have no reason to be afraid, that it already has so many that would love the foal regardless. Resplendence said that she was proud of Kaj, for remembering the herbs and he could only laugh. "No, it means you care." she says, reaching out to press her maw against his chest in order to remind him that she would be there for him in turn.

Though, during the hours that they lay there (Myrinne and Valiance looking for herbs, Quilyan and Kaj standing watch over the pregnant mare), Quilyan turned to Kaj and asked for him to be the godfather of the child. Kaj accepts, saying that it would be an honour. "Kaj, it's our honour - to have someone like you in our lives," she says in return, happiness curling around the few tones of pain from he contractions that were wracking her body.

This young filly was definitely already being pampered. You see, not only was Valiance peeling off the birthing sac, but she was stretching out as if she were sunbathing. Rue moves her head toward Valiance, who in turns gives a few clicks of discontent and then flutters back to Res' side.

Alas, Resplendence collapsed into Quilyan's weight, running through all of the thoughts in her head and trying to push them out of her mind. Quilyan said that he like the name of Rue, that it was perfect and that their child was beautiful. She knows that she shouldn't stay upon the ground for long - that it isn't safe for mother and child (at least when out in the wilds - here she was definitely safe), and it would help urge the child onto its feet as well.

Kaj spoke to the other young filly, though - telling her that it was fine so long as she was quiet and respectful. It was amusing, to Res, that a young one could remember the names of the herbs her mother was given to assist in milk production. You see, she had never heard of these 'borage' leaves. She glances to each of them, Kaj and Quil, before carefully snagging a few of them and beginning to munch on them. Valiance takes to the sky, Rue having been cleaned off when he had left her side, and then tries to rest upon Kaj's back - a sign of support, happiness, and love for the stag who was most definitely ingrained as a part of their family now.

Res carefully peers towards Myrinne - having gathered some from the foal and Kaj's conversation, and from Valiance letting her know through the bond. "You are fine, young one. How old are you? What interests you the most?" There was a bit of intrigue in her voice as she looked at the filly, watched her movements, before she carefully started to edge back toward Rue and started to urge her to stand. Gentle pushes of her maw against her baby's back to try and roll her onto her limbs. "Let's try to stand, my love." she whispers encouragingly. Yes, it would take some time for the foal to clamber to her feet, but she would manag soon enough.

Oh, but Res was so glad that most of her family was actually present.

*love*©

When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! Breaking Up My Bones - by Resplendence - 02-24-2015, 12:54 AM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Quilyan - 02-27-2015, 11:41 AM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Myrrine - 02-27-2015, 01:59 PM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Resplendence - 03-04-2015, 10:08 PM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Rue - 03-04-2015, 10:43 PM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Quilyan - 03-05-2015, 01:14 PM
RE: !! Breaking Up My Bones - by Myrrine - 03-06-2015, 10:57 PM