the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! I'll Be Good

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
She was still stuck on the phrasing that had fallen from Alleo's lips when she had returned. Tired and exhausted as she had been, she had started to pass out beneath his touch - feeling his heart beat - that she dimly recalled the meanings of his words. Something about watching over and then something about loving her more. Alas, she still was stuck on 'ti amo' and was vehemently attempting to connect the rest of the phrases as well as find a way to memorize this language that rolled so sweetly off of his tongue.

Ettore, on the other hand, had no real desire for this. He had lost all of his baby feathers and was getting bigger now - too big for the nest of flowers the Earth God had given her. In fact, the nest had dissipated, leaving just one vibrant bloom (though she didn’t know how pure of a white it was) left at her withers. For now, he was bouncing around her feet, bored to death, and even pecking at her canon bones. "Desine! Please!" She begged to Ettore, pulling a few roots from the ground in a ladder formation to allow the little one access to her back (since she presumed that was what he wanted).

The latin, though rusty from disuse, came naturally to her. She had used it in the past with her prior companion - their form of communication to keep her connected with her ancestors, so it felt only natural that she pass it on to Ettore. "Dulcis mea et infantem, minor es, quam excitatur," she murmured to Ettore, shaking her head as he groaned and bounced his way up the roots and onto her haunches. There, he stopped his pecking and bouncing and curled up - watching the world around them like a good boy.

Now, her day would be complete if she could find Alleo. So, with that goal in mind, she carefully began to move off toward the borders of the Falls in search of her knight - only desire to spend some time with him in the hot summer sun.

@[Alleo]
Translation (Latin from google translate)-
Desine - Stop
Dulcis mea et infantem, minor es, quam excitatur - my sweet baby, you are too excited
Rasta & Alleo
you're my end and my beginning, even when i lose i'm winning
'cause i give you all of me - and you give me all of you
Image Credit

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
i'm the wind in your hair that ruffles you up</style>

Rasta had returned and for that the stallion was relieved, happy even, but his happiness dissipated when he was not in her presence. When he set off to do his daily patrols of the border he was left with too much time to think, too much time to let his mind wander and he often thought about his sisters and wondered what had happened to Hana. They had all finally been reunited and she had disappeared. Then there was Lakota, his little sister that had been his entire world for so long. Too much time had passed since she had come to see him on the border and he wondered where she was, what she was doing, if she missed him as much as he missed her. It was safe to say that he was not completely happy with where he was in his life. Yes, he had Rasta, yes he loved her, but could he not have his sisters with him as well?

The stallion sighed as he walked, only half-heartedly looking for anyone or any threat at the border. Part of him didn't really care if someone sneaked in. He found it hard to care for a herd that he had little to no connections in. He couldn't make himself go out of his way to associate with anyone other than Rasta. It was no different than it had been in his previous home. He did not make any strong connections with the warriors or commanders, he just did what he was told without question or complaint. But for how long? How long could he keep mindlessly patrolling, wondering about his sisters, not caring about anything other than his flesh and blood and Rasta? How many times would he question his own gods on his purpose for being there and not somewhere else?

Alleo continued walking and in the distance he could see the pale form of a mare. He didn't have to call out to her to know that it was Rasta, he would know her anywhere. His slow pace picked up to a trot as he moved toward her, happy to have his thoughts interrupted. If any of the other warriors or the Chief knew what he was thinking, his lack of caring, they would surely accuse him of being treasonous. He slowed, his muzzle reaching out to touch Rasta's. "Rasta." He rumbled to the pretty mare. "And Ettore, of course." He said to the young hawk. "Why have you come out here?"

"."
@[Rasta]

Image Credits

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Alleo was not far off, for Rasta didn't need to search far and wide to find him. He made her frame before she could concentrate long enough to feel his. And, in fact, it was Ettore who pointed out the painted stag (with a series of excited chirps) to Rasta as she continued down the border.

Alas, his pace soon moved to a gentle trot and she moved in as well. Only when they both closed in did they slow down and reach out to press their flesh against each other. "Alleo," she breathed as her name fell from his lips. Then came the hawk's name in the same greeting. Ettore was still bouncing around in joy - happy to be recognized by his bonded's mate so readily and easily. You see, her old hawk would have been bitter, jealous. He would have thought he was being replace. But, Ettore? Ettore welcomed him into the fold. In fact, the little one even tried to fly over to Alleo. His wings taking him a little bit off of Rasta's frame before he plummeted into a net made of the grasses. Yes, Rasta had expected for him to tumble down and refused to allow her companion to break himself while learning.

What had brought her out here? "I hadn't seen you in a while…" she said, blind eyes flickering across his bodice, pressing her maw up against his shoulder in a sign of affection. "I wanted to spend the afternoon with you," she said, letting out a short breath. "Te amo, Alleo." she purred in her own latin tongue. How close the two professions of love were, even though the languages were so different.

There was a pause, as her ears flickered forward - to focus completely upon him. "And, I would love to learn the foreign tongue you use… the one that sounds so sweet when it rolls off of your lips," she tried to explain this other language to him without really knowing the name of it.

She could only hope that he would want to - that he would start to let her in, that he would allow her to let him in as well. She just wanted the two of them to be happy…
Rasta & Alleo
you're my end and my beginning, even when i lose i'm winning
'cause i give you all of me - and you give me all of you
Image Credit

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say