the Rift

[OPEN] The risk that might break you

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

She was quick to dismiss the limitations he placed on his magic, for which he was thankful. Although he wasn’t sure she was right, there was a chance certainly! “You’re probably right, I should practice more.” Not right this minute, though he was tempted to see just how far he could stretch his limits. He always tried to stick with spots where he could actually physically see where he would appear. It just seemed like a good idea to know where he was going or who knew where he would end up. Or would the shadows guide him away from re-appearing inside of a tree? Mesec played around with his magic a little bit but he had to admit that he hadn’t really given it a lot of thought until now.

His new cousin just seemed to have that sort of effect on him. For one so young, she had an incredibly advanced mind and he had to admit that he was incredibly impressed.

She went on to explain that their parents could appear and disappear all across Helovia and he had to admit she had a point. They might only be half-gods but there was still that half. And being able to transport himself across Helovia? “That would be pretty handy - if we ever needed help, I could find some so quickly.” If he could move across Helovia, he could carry any time-sensitive messages. He could get out of dangerous situations, far away from them. Though that would be more tempting if he could take others along with him.

The next topic, coming in the timid form of a question, seemed incredibly random at first before she explained how she had gotten to that point. He frowned as he tried to think - there was a simple answer but, of course, there were exceptions. “Not really. There as a monster, once, that I fought with some others... and Ros - my little sister - we used to wrestle but it was never anything serious. Never a battle.” Maybe putting up with Ros sometimes felt like a battle but it had always been in good-humour. They never squared off and brought themselves to serious blows. He did not doubt her ability to win if that ever was the case. “My magic would be really helpful in a battle, you’re right, but I never… I’ve never really had the inclination to fight when I was younger. I thought I could protect those I cared about in other ways.” And his parents had tried to teach him about using other strengths as an offense - poisons, shadows. Neither had served him well but neither had the belief that he could protect his family. “But we’re not always that lucky.” He smiled again now, though it wasn’t with much joy - a pained smile that soon grew into a curious one as he wondered where her mind was. She seemed to have a knack for sending him into douses of thoughtful moments, what was it like inside her mind? “Now what about you, Little Earth?” Without a name to call her by, and Sister of the Earthsinger being long and formal-sounding, a spontaneous nickname was born. Was it wrong to grieve for Hototo while feeling fond of his replacement? “Are you thinking about throwing around some rock dragons at me?”

stock by resurgere & brushes by para-vine at deviantart
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
The risk that might break you - by Isopia - 02-24-2015, 01:21 PM
RE: The risk that might break you - by Mesec - 03-01-2015, 09:22 PM
RE: The risk that might break you - by Isopia - 03-01-2015, 10:10 PM
RE: The risk that might break you - by Mesec - 03-02-2015, 08:21 PM
RE: The risk that might break you - by Isopia - 03-05-2015, 04:10 PM
RE: The risk that might break you - by Mesec - 03-06-2015, 06:37 PM
RE: The risk that might break you - by Isopia - 03-06-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: The risk that might break you - by Mesec - 03-08-2015, 07:56 PM