the Rift

[PRIVATE] I'm Telling!

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca

My mind was completely reeling from all the events that had happened recently, my thoughts teetering back and forth on the opinions that were threatening to form. From good to bad, miscommunication to flat out lies, sweeping things under a rug to anger and resentment. I didn't have the slightest clue as to what was right and what was wrong, ever since the day that I had last spoken with Bucephalus and Telesaan. It wasn't a long time ago, really, which was why I had yet to make up my mind about what to do or who to tell about what I had witnessed. Should I talk to someone? Should I confront the Morningstar? Should I keep it to myself and ignore everything as though it was nothing?

The questions that raced through my head never seemed to come to an end, and I wondered just how truthful Bucephalus would be if I were to confront him. It was obvious that the stallions were related somehow, their looks, their voices, the blatant history that they had between them. In just what way were they related? Why would someone related to Bucephalus aim to attack him, calling him by a different name even? I suppose I could always ask Telesaan to hear his side of the story as well, but he was as much a stranger to me as the Morningstar had become. Why was it so easy to suddenly feel like you never knew someone? How is it that when you are close to someone you feel as though you've known them for all of your life, but with one day, one event, one action, one word...All of that can disappear and suddenly you only knew a part of them that vanished long ago, all that's left before you is familiar face with an unrecognizable soul.

With a heavy sigh I stopped in my tracks, having arrived at the oasis to rest my hooves I begin to loosen the braids in my mane to loosen the precious egg from it's makeshift basket with care. Gently I lowered my crown to the earth, thick locks piling atop of each other as I set the egg down before loosening a final braid to let it fall out. Scarlet eyes studied the beautiful shell, admiring the pearlescent red coat with ivory stripes and pondering over what must be inside. An egg this beautiful must have been made by an amazing, albeit very large, bird. With the sweetest touch I pressed my nose against the egg, eyes closing as I spoke softly. "What do you think I should do? Why is this so difficult? It was easy to know to save you, bring you to the Throat. Why can't all decisions be so simple?"

I could feel the creature inside roll towards my touch, much like the first time I found the helpless being abandoned in the Heart Caves, and it brought a smile to my lips. Suddenly the rolling movement shifted into a violent kick, and I jerked my crown away in surprise. Auds picked foward as I listened to the shell cracking, my smile only growing when I realized that the egg was hatching. When pieces began to break off and fall to the ground, I was incredibly surprised to see a tiny hoof sticking out from the egg. A hoof? What has hooves that lays eggs? My crown tilted to the side, the expression of joy quickly turning to confusion. Then I remembered the fox like creature that had popped out of the filly's egg in the Deep Forest, somewhat beginning to understand. The infant animal was growing tired quickly, the movements slowing when it managed to get a second hoof out. Concerned, I nudged the egg to give it encouragement. "Come one little one, you can do it." My voice seemed to be just what it needed, and the hooves flailed with final burst of energy large enough to shatter the rest of the shell. My scarlet gaze grew wide and my jaw went slack as I stared at the baby antelope creature staring back at me with the most adorable large, black eyes.

The calf was a rich, warm chestnut color with snowy white stripes racing across it's back and down it's sides. Matching white spots were on it's legs and cheeks, as well as a white slash on it's chest and across the the bridge of it's darkened muzzle. Ears larger that my own flipped towards me, like it was hoping to hear me speak again, and it - I'm sorry, he began to try and stand. "That's it, I told you that you could do it." I smiled at the young being, and the calf turned towards me to bleet happily at the sound of my voice, melting my heart and warming my soul with it's call. How could anyone have abandoned something so cute? On shaky legs he wobbled towards me, and I nuzzled the baby just behind his ears and tracing the mohawk that stood along his spine. "Don't worry little one, you'll always have me. I promise, Pongo."

OOC: Morri's egg hatching and chat w/ @[Gaucho]
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO
I'd bring you further roses but it does you no good.

Gaucho watched his oddly patterned healer move across the sands. Tandavi had told him earlier that season that he ought to hang out with his herd more often. He had tried to take her up on that suggestion but was finding it increasingly harder. He was their protector and Sultan. He kept them safe and made decisions for the herd - what more did they want from him? It had never occurred to Gaucho that any of them might want his advice, or want to simply get to know him. His stormy gaze watched as she mare lowered something spherical onto the bloody sands. He assumed it was an egg, likely one that held some form of companion. There had been an influx as of late. Perhaps another giving sentient creature had appeared - like the Earth turtle - which was giving out such eggs.

However instead of moving towards her, Gaucho stood watch.

Or maybe he stood whatch.

Ampere and her group might be looking after the best interests of companions, but Gaucho was looking after the best interests of his heard. He was unsure if Morrigan had heard one of Ampere's speeches about companion rights, but it appeared that even if she had, she was ignoring whatever wisdom Ampere might have tried to impart upon her. Ampere had descended upon him like a storm when he had watched Vorsa hatch - he wouldn't let the same happen to his healer.

As the egg cracked open and a small wet creature fell onto the sands, Gaucho allowed himself to stride forward. From his vantage point he could only see that the thing have hooves and was a brownish colour. Past that, he had no idea what it was. Vorsa, the small phoenix chick flew ahead of him, hooting and trilling happily as her bright red body streaked across the skies. She landed near the bongo, her golden eyes sparkling with intrigue and interest as she looked at it. Her head tilted to the side as her body exploded into flames. Vorsa jumped back, surprised by her own magic. She cawed softly, as if apologizing for her outburst.

"What is it?" Gaucho inquired, his voice deep and rich and oddly conversational. In his time in Helovia he had seen many things hatch out of eggs, but never anything quite like what was before him. Was it like a cerndyr? He couldn't tell if it was healthy or sickly - companions were so small that it was often impossible to judge their health based on appearance alone - especially when you didn't even know what species the thing was in the first place.

In his antlers Mara hissed gently, her forked tongue sliding out of her mouth as she scented the air. Whatever the creature was, it looked tasty, and at this size her venom would render it dead within minutes. She remained in her bonded's antlers of course, mentally assuring the Sultan that she would not eat his healers new companion, regardless of how delicious it looked.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Auds flicked forward to the approaching sound of the Sultan, my gaze temporarily leaving the precious babe that wobbled before me to watch just as a fire bird landed nearby. I didn't recall Gaucho having a fire bird before, then again we rarely ever talked directly to each other so it should be no surprise that things had changed over time. With a soft smile I watched Pongo's reaction to the phoenix, stretching his neck out as far as he could without actually having to step forward in an attempt to sniff the chick. When the chick burst into flames, even surprising herself, I couldn't help but chuckle as Pongo jumped away from her and raced underneath my belly. When the phoenix cawed softly, the calf stuck his little head out from between my front legs, ears turned towards the chick.

The deep voice of Gaucho pulled my attention away from the animals, though all I could do was shake my head in response to his question. "I'm not entirely sure, he is some sort of antelope. But...I've never seen an antelope come from an egg..." I looked back down to the baby antelope, wondering about what I would be able to feed him. I knew that when they were older, they ate grass and other vegetation, much like equines. But, didn't all mammals need milk as babies? Or was he in a loophole of sorts, having hatched from an egg? I wasn't sure where to go from there, all I knew was that Pongo needed me more than anyone. A deep down I had an understanding that I needed him as well, I needed Pongo in my life. Already, although so young, he was my anchor, my heart, my soul. I felt tied to him in a way that had never felt before, with an honest love and trust that would never be broken. Perhaps it was all the time I carried him in the egg that helped us bond, where he could hear my voice through his shell and I could feel his warmth roll against my neck. I'm not sure if I would ever know why I felt my heart, my mind, my soul intertwined with his, but I would never do anything to change that.

Although my dear little Pongo was able to distract me from my worries earlier, I could still feel the thoughts creeping up in the back of my mind. My auds flicked towards Gaucho and scarlet eyes watched the powerful Sultan, thankful that he had accepted me into his home, his family, and trusted me with a rank as a healer when he didn't even know me. If it wasn't for Bucephalus, I never even would have had the opportunity to come to the desert, and there would be no telling just where I would have ended up. But, what if Bucephalus was hiding things from Gaucho as well? We all had secrets, we all had a history in which we chose to keep certain sections confidential when disclosing any information. But it seemed as though the Chancellor's history had followed him to Helovia, and with the memory of the blue speckled stallion charging towards the Morningstar, I had more concerns than just for myself. Telesaan was a pegasus, should any ill-will be directed towards Bucephalus in an attack, it would be easy for him to reach the Throat without any assistance of a key.

Gaucho had done so much to protect the herd, the strange family that worked together to complete the Sun God's quest, shouldn't he be made aware of the situation in case trouble did follow the Morningstar to the Throat? My gaze dropped nervously to Pongo, who seemed to sense my worries and was nuzzling against my inner left foreleg and looked up at me with those big, ebony eyes. With a sigh, I spoke quietly. "Gaucho, there are things I worry about. I would never wish to burden you with these thoughts, but I fear it may come to affect the herd one day. Specifically, Bucephalus."

Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO
I'd bring you further roses but it does you no good.

Vorsa trilled. Her blood-coloured wings flapped gently as her small body hopped on the sands. She knew that her flames did not hurt Gaucho, but that they did hurt Mara. Likely they would hurt this hooved creature as well. It made the small phoenix chick rather sad. She didn't want her flames to burn anyone. It was a lonely existence being on fire. Still, her feathers reached out, as if beckoning the bovine-ish creature out from under its bonded's stomach. She scooped up some sand as she plopped down onto the ground, making it into a small castle-like structure with her dexterous wings.

"Lots of strange things hatch from eggs here.." Gaucho confirmed with a nod. His two companions came from eggs naturally, although he had also seen the strangest things come out of them as well: cats, dogs, even a whale. He shrugged, finding it no more mysterious than the magic that seemed to simply bleed from the earth around them. The Gods did as they pleased, and although Gaucho had no idea why they might want certain animals to come out of eggs when naturally they did not, he didn't question it.

As the conversation turned to what plagued the healer's mind, for a moment Gaucho thought that perhaps what would come next would merely be some personal anecdote. He was not particularly skilled at chatting. Conversational back and forth's were not his forte, and it his healer wanted to talk about her life, he couldn't help but wonder why him until his thoughts were abruptly answered.

but I fear it may come to affect the herd one day. Specifically, Bucephalus.

He had her full attention.

The Wildfire's stormy gaze hardened considerably as it searched her eyes, trying to find malice or wickedness but finding none. Whatever her concerns, they seemed sincere. He had heard stirrings about his Chancellor, Bucephalus had even mentioned that Gaucho's warriors did not find him particularly apt for the position he held. The black and gold had required reassurance on numerous occasions, seemingly picking up on the fact that he lacked the natural intuition needed for his position. Yet he had been active within the herd, and was indeed the only reason Morrigan was here in the first place. The dun kept his thoughts to himself, at least for now. Bucephalus had never done anything malicious that Gaucho knew of. Sure he had his oddities - the darkness that had reared its head during their spars together, and he often let his tongue get the best of him. But Gaucho couldn't fault anyone for having a dark past, nor a particularly restrained tongue.

The Sultan's dark tail flicked as he pushed these thoughts to the background so that Morrigan might have his full attention. Indeed he was more than intrigued to hear the contents of her concern.

"Never a burden." He began reassuringly, his deep voice warm and resonant. "What are thoughts about Buce? Speak honest and free."

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Much like a small childing hiding from strangers behind it's mother's legs, Pongo peeked out from beneath my stomach to carefully watch the young fire bird beginning to play in the sands after beckoning him out. Without a sound, he watched as she shaped and molded the sand. Ever so slowly, he took a few cautious steps out from beneath me, pausing for a second, then creeped a bit closer. Finally, he must have decided that the fire bird would not hurt him, and began to push at the sand with his nose , flinging it closer to the castle like structure to widen the base. Grains of sand covered his moist nose, but he didn't seem to mind using it as a shovel to play with his new acquaintance. Simply watching him brought me a sense of comfort and duty, encouraging me to fulfill my responsibilities in alerting Gaucho to my concerns.

Now that Pongo was happily distracted, it gave me time to return my attention to the burning stallion. "When the Earth God cleansed the lands, I partnered with a black pegasus that looked very much like Bucephalus, he went by the name Telesaan. Originally I believed it was simply a coincidence, knowing that there are many black pegasi in the world, some with similar markings and such. But, when we went to alert others, I found Bucephalus and Hertz in the Heavenly Fields. Before I could even introduce anyone, Telesaan charged them." My gaze left the intimidating figure of Gaucho, not wanting to falter in my confidence. So, scarlet orbs scanned the surrounding sands and shrubbery, trying to keep myself calm by also thinking about different uses for the plants around us. "He shouted something at the Chancellor, a word...a name...I'm not sure which. He had yelled 'Altan' just as he began his charge. I was able to intervene, rammed him with my shoulder to knock him off balance before he could reach them and put myself in the middle. Telesaan agreed not to fight because of the colt, and Bucephalus instructed me to watch Hertz while they left to discuss whatever it was they needed to discuss."

Now that the words were flowing through my lips, it sounded almost petty that I was telling the Sultan about all of this. So, some stallions had a little squabble, big deal. But I could not ignore that aching, nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach that the entire story was not being told. The Chancellor was hiding things, just as anyone in the world would, but what if Telesaan came here? What if their little 'chat' did not go over as smoothly as anyone could hope? What if the Chancellor was injured, or worse, when I knew that I could possibly do something to put an end to it, to protect him before he had to protect himself? "Normally, I would let petty fights between stallions be ignored. Bucephalus has been silent, I have yet to really talk to him since then and I didn't question Telesaan afterwards. I know not what Telesaan is to Bucephalus, but he had every intention severely injure the Chancellor...Or worse...Had I not gotten to him first, had he not cared about a foal being in the middle...I don't know what would have happened."

My gaze glazed over as I spoke, the memory of the strange day flashing back to me and replaying in my mind on repeat. I could feel the bruising of my shoulder, the painful impact to shove the stallion away from the Morningstar, the look of sheer terror in the eyes of the Morningstar, the way he crumpled to the ground in shock. My voice choked slightly as the memory morphed into possibilities, potential outcomes that could have happened had I not been able to put myself between them, had I not reached them in time, had the blue-speckled stallion not even cared that I had gotten involved. Telesaan could have attacked me, he could have attacked Hertz, there was no guarantee that he wouldn't have, for I had only known him for one other meeting before that day. Scarlet blood could have splattered the lands, bones cracked and lives stolen. It wasn't until just now that I realized just how dangerous of a situation it was, just how horrifying the situation could have turned. In retrospect, it was foolish of me to step in. Brave? Perhaps, but damn foolish. Then again, if I hadn't...No, that's not something that I even want to imagine happening.

"What if...What if he is in...danger?"

With the words barely managing to break past my lips, I looked back to the Wildfire with a pleading look in my eyes. For a moment, I even looked up to the snake that was frequently settled in her antlers, looking to anyone that could give me the answers that I was looking for. For someone to tell me I was foolish, for someone to say that nothing would have happened or was going to happen. To say that Bucephalus would be fine and that this would all be forgotten. But there was no denying that fear lay in my eyes for the Chancellor, and potentially for the safety of the herd.