the Rift

A Dance With The Wild Things

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The light sound of laughter falls from the Lynx's mouth- a gentle sound that seems to float with the breeze. "Indeed, this must be strange for you." Perhaps she should not have been so abrupt, a gentler approach may have been more favourable. Yet there was so much to do! Time ought not to be wasted, surely the mare would understand this. The creature’s gaze shows her placid nature, there is no judgement or worry, just a tranquil smile upon the creature’s lips. "My friends whisper to me, they tell me of your service to your herd." A tilt of her small head. "Your kind nature." The mare shuddered a little, and a few startled blinks causes another laugh to fall from the creature’s lips. Delightful, the reactions of mortals were always a source of amusement. It reminded her just how precious life truly was. "I go by many names." A thoughtful tone hinders her normally amicable voice. "I like the name Cairde, you may call me this." This was the name her mother had blessed her with, it remained close to her heart and perhaps it always would. Time had unsuccessfully lessened her love for this name.

Confusion crosses the beautiful creature’s face as Resplendence seems to worry, a break comes to their conversation as the stunning mare glances around. "Well of course." Cairde good heartily teases Resplendence. "Love is the foundation of life and what is anything without life itself?" The creature hums a single note, it is highpiched yet lovely. Magic laces the very strands of Cairde's voice, causing the note to echo. Then another. This note is deeper than the previous, yet they form a simple and quick melody as they softly echo around the structure. At different times the lynx adds another note until a complete and beautiful harmony is sounding around the structure. Eventually the notes fade into the wind. "One can not exist without the other…or the other elements of life."

Waiting for the mare to gather her thoughts, Cairde simply watches both Resplendence and Valiance. Another swallow from he mare, the lynx smirks as her pale ear flickers back and forth- they watched each other. Silence had settles between them, but the creature was okay with this, comfortable and content to wait for the gorgeous mare.
Unconditional, trusting, deserving. So far the creature likes what she is hearing and agrees. Resplendence nods and then her voice builds strength, Cairde smiles her encouragement. Listening to the words the creature closes her eyes, the memories stimulating these words must be beautiful, bright and vibrant. They are also dark, hollow and empty. Sensing the sadness and pain within Resplendence's memories Cairde's smile stiffens slightly. The pain of the past never really faded for some, it suffocated them, drowning them underneath the pressing pain that is life. "Life's experiences change us all, the pain can be good. The pain can be too much for the rest." Respectfully the lynx bows her head, a somber expression painting her face as she opened her eyes and looks upon the one fate had summoned here. "You are strong. You have survived and thrived."

Cairde starts and wonders past Resplendence, her eyes now trained upon nature around them. "You're asking the wrong questions again." Why. That question wastes so much time. A ladybug crawls along a leaf, the creature watches it, waiting until it flys off before she turns to look upon the mare again. Picking a new tune, the lynx beings to hum softly, willing Resplendence closer. Part of her wondered if the mare understood what was truly happening here, perhaps she would leave thinking it had just been luck but it was so much more than that. Turning back to nature, Cairde bent closer to the leaf she had been examining, her eyes running along the branch that connected it to the tree. As she hummed the notes seemed to brand themselves into the tree, lighting up the bark in a bright gold display of the creature's magic. "Come." She waited for the mare to join her at the tree.

@[Resplendence] - So sorry about the wait!!

Messages In This Thread
A Dance With The Wild Things - by Random Event - 02-24-2015, 07:20 PM
RE: A Dance With The Wild Things - by Random Event - 03-08-2015, 06:51 AM