the Rift

A Dance With The Wild Things

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

The gold. It grew brighter, stronger, with each step that Resplendence took toward it. It was strange, but she tried to focus on Cairde and not the fact that the gold was beginning to peel itself off of the tree. Stunned into silence, her gold orbs soon were forced to focus on the gold as it started to spin around her frame.

Panic. Nothing but panic flooded her veins. My child! she almost screamed, but her voice was caught in her throat - trapped beneath the anxiety as her eyes widened in uncertainty and fear. And then the gold begins to pick up speed. Faster and faster, trapping her in an orb spinning of gold. Her breath catches in her chest and it is all that she can do to keep from crying, thinking that she might die. That she might not get to tell Quilyan goodbye, that she was sorry.

But the music sinks into her soul, it offers some kind of edge of calmness through her panicked haze as the orb expands before SNAPPING and letting out a crack that caused Resplendence to jump and her ear to hide behind her snowy locks. The gold seemed to seep into her, disappearing just as the music had - though she could feel it now.

The lynx laughs as Res tries to gather her ground once more, breath finally falling from her lungs again. There is a smile upon the lynx's face as she said the only question was how she could do better. There was a nod from the creature before she tells Resplendence to use the gift well. Dumbfounded, Resplendence can only stare as the creature starts to walk off (growing larger in the process) before the lynx also fades.

It is only when there is barely a trace of the songs left in the air that Res can even form words. "Thank you, Cairde…. I will do my best," she whispers - voice melding into the air with the songs before it all fades away.

And with that, Resplendence turns to head back towards the Edge - mind slowly piecing together the gift that she was given.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
A Dance With The Wild Things - by Random Event - 02-24-2015, 07:20 PM
RE: A Dance With The Wild Things - by Resplendence - 03-19-2015, 10:54 PM