the Rift

[OPEN] Over the Creek

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Did I send a shiver down your spine?
Well I do it all the time, it's a little trick of mine.

I try ignoring the wolf’s frightened urges from behind my forelegs, a bit of fear now and then only made the mind wiser, as long as the dragon remained on his perch. When he grew older perhaps he will find a way to mask this suffocating emotion, but for now, it was a learning process. Even I with my mother’s training could not control fear very well. Looking at the reptile now I wonder what would happen if one were allowed to grow as big as legend, surely horses would no longer rule these lands? It was a thought that interested me, but for now, it was irrelevant as this red was a miniature cousin of a greater creature that did not reside in these parts. I hoped. I did not wish for one such dragon to appear anytime soon.

The child offers up a pair of names, Volterra and Vérzés, easy enough to remember as it lifted kindly off the tongue and stuck in the memory. I nod to the calling dragon and turn to the boy, my go apparently. I used to be opposed to offering my name until time turned me into a crown bearer and gave me little choice. My name was odd, it didn’t suit my appearance and yet I thought I fit into it neatly enough. It was given to me by my mother who had no talent in naming, in fact, she had no talent at all; foul mare. "I am Ghost and the cowering wolf is Fantôme" I watch the pup drag his gaze from the dragon only for a moment to give me a disgusted look and I simply shrug. Sometimes honesty was enough of a slap to overcome a fear or maybe he’ll never look at me again.

I find the dragon’s vain display a touch too vibrant for my own taste, but I cover it with an appreciative smile. Perhaps I should remember the name Volterra and his red dragon, he posed no threat yet, but the potential was surely there. Or maybe he might be a useful contact to have in the future though I chide myself on my thoughts of utilizing this boy already. Who knows what he’ll turn out to be? I might never see him again after this. I listen intently, however, to his story of bond and of how he came to find a dragon egg. "How valiant of you" I complimented him "a worthy prize for your kindness" and a gift that will surely keep on giving. In essence the boy had stumbled across a gold mine and coincidence had dug him up a dragon. I was no big believer of fate.

"What brings you here?" I ask curiously, wondering whether he was simply exploring or if there was some other motive.

@[Volterra]

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
Over the Creek - by Ghost - 02-25-2015, 04:13 PM
RE: Over the Creek - by Volterra - 02-28-2015, 05:59 PM
RE: Over the Creek - by Ghost - 03-07-2015, 07:22 PM