Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
"Son, when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken,
the beaten and the bad?"

Liquid time to follow shortly after "WHATCH THIS!"

Even while the sun begins to dip below the calm waves, the stale heat it leaves behind lingers for the night. Soothing pastel skies taint the frothing water as waves rush up the beach, high tide coming in quickly to wash away the remains of an unexpected battle. The air is stagnant but more bearable than it had been back home.

You left Ouija back at the oasis, scared that she just may overheat if she keeps wandering around without the protection of shade and water. It seemed like every half hour or so, you'd push that strange barrier that's been crowding our space and call out for the mutt, her bratty teenage voice responding in your skull moments later. Often times it was an "I fiiiiiiinneee!", sometimes it was a "Yes, sleeping please." From the groggy connection that clung to the later, you would chuckle a bit to yourself and let her fall back asleep.

You stand alone now, without the company of your beloved companion, worry twisting your stomach into a tight knot while you stare down at the eroding battle ground from the comfort of a tall sand dune. The wind sweeps up the gradual slopes from over the ocean, playing with your knotted, curly mess of hair, the sweat catching bits of sand and causing the moist spots to become even more visible due to a thin white film.

Uncountable hooves battered the beach, churning the dark, damp sand up from below the surface, etching an illustration into it's skin and leaving the story locked inside for no one else to know. Faux bloodied lips tighten and your brows furrow slightly below your thick forelock, empty eyes staring down at the scene below. Was there a fight? The unfamiliar sting of battle prods into the back of your head, the scar that hides below a thin streak of white hair burns; the only true wound you have to prove that at one time in your life, you were not scared.

Finally, you swallow hard, thick tail arched off of your backside, and begin to wander down the warm hill of sand to investigate.

"Voodoo." 'Ouija.' 'Voices'
Ignore any weird mistakes, I had to reword some of the post after I read more into The Whatch. ._.

Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

Aithniel was still getting used to being in a herd with different tasks, and she struggled to find her way to the beach again. The last time she was here was... well, she didn't exactly remember the details as everything faded as excitement met her most recent days, but she had been here before. Leaving the Dragon's Throat had been a chore. Large, open wings carried her into the sky after taking a running start, but flapping on the thermals was so difficult. It took her quite a few times to coordinate finding the right gust and steering with the tilt of her keel.

Eventually, she managed to find the beach, spying a dark and red unicorn below. She circled carefully and spiraled, worried about her landing. And she had reason to be worried. Aithniel cringed as she tumbled to the earth, spraying sand as wings flapped frantically, skidding to a halt. She breathed hard, trying to catch her breath from her first long-distance flight, and she looked up at the strange stallion, a teenage grin on her reckless features. Day had faded long ago, and a breeze picked up, grabbing black, youthful hair and billowing it around her rather pretty face.

She gazed out at the roaring ocean, not sure if she liked the vacillating waves. Cautiously, she approached the stranger. "You are on patrol, right?" she asked, not knowing why anyone else would be out here in the middle of the night. "What exactly are we looking for?" The fire child shook the sand off her coat in a big shake, carefully tucking her gull-like wings to her sides and then marching to the ocean's edge. Water bloomed around her hooves and she snorted, lifting a hoof as the sand sucked at the cloven foot.

Aithniel chuckled. "How weird," she murmured. Moving back, she noticed that the slightly darker sand was hard, and she bounded once, staring at the vast expanse of ocean and sand. "Have you ever found anything on a patrol before?" she asked curiously.

@[Voodoo]

You let the world burn down
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by jasmine-autumn @DA

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

ENDLESS BLUE // PREVIOUS THREAD: whatch this

It hadn’t been long at all since he had last been here - the signs of what had happened, what they had done, still littered the sand. Hoofprints were echoed with the memories of the words and actions that had occurred here. Something new, something amazing, had been born on this beach. He enjoyed the feeling of hope that Ampere and her WHATCH had given him, enjoyed how he felt encouraged to do whatever he could to help out. The Throat was his home now, and when he was asked to find a pair that had set off to do a patrol at the very beach he had just left, he happily accepted the task.

Quick as he dared with the minor injuries he had sustained from the fight, he had flown from the Throat to the Beach again - exhausted after the days events but trying to stay focused as best as he could. He was thankful to land again, to feel the soft sand beneath his hooves give cushion, even if it was just a little trickier to walk in. The two figures he was searching for would not have likely been hard to find but Aithniel’s voice on the wind, asking something about patrols that he couldn’t quite make out, gave Mesec a definitive direction to look in.

The silver in his coat glowed softly - a not-quite-shadow as he approached the pair by the water, a limp in his gait. “Hello.” Twice the shyness, part for his cousin and part for the stranger, and suddenly with that word, the momentary burst of confident ambition deflated. What now? Shuffling the sand with a dark hoof he quickly explained what he was up to - or so he tried, at least. “I was asked to come find you two... help out with the patrol.” His uncertainty was plain in his voice - the pitch going up ever so slightly at the end as though it were a question. He had been told to come here but he wasn’t entirely sure he would be able to help out at all. What were they looking for here? Did they hear of the scuffle that had occurred? He had to admit that he wasn’t entirely sure what they were supposed to accomplish on a patrol but hopefully either Aithniel or the other knew.

He hadn’t known the other demigod was living in the Throat, though she had more cause than him to call that place home. Surely she’d understand his reasoning? But speaking of the other - silver eyes turned to the unicorn then, his uncertainty leaving him for the moment. The next words were not a hazy concept for him, thankfully. “My name’s Mesec.”

when I volunteered him to help with the patrol I didn't think about how he would have been in the WHATCH thread too xD whoops! But I think the timeline should still work out okay

EDIT: added some vague injuries I can expand on later because I just realized that'd be more realistic haha

I’m trying to find my direction home, ______________
A question of space, a matter of time, _______
I follow the stars until the first light.

image by jjjj56cp at flickr
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
"THERE'S A SHADOW JUST BEHIND ME SHROUDING EVERY STEP
I TAKE, MAKING EVERY PROMISE EMPTY,
POINTING EVERY FINGER AT ME."

The gentle flutter of wings causes colorful ears to flip backward, empty maroon eyes rising from the deep cuts in the sand to find a young woman dipping back to the earth. As she came closer, her body seemed to brace itself for the landing, but when she connected with the sand you couldn't help but shutter; a discolored cloud of dust swarmed the air before the soft, steady wind could carry it away. Seemingly used to this, the young girl bounced back up and a grin danced across her charcoal lips. Kids. we mumble, beady black eyes rolling in their sockets. Uninterested and bored, we faded into the back of your mind like shadows from the dying sun.

"You are on patrol, right?" The filly questions as she draws closer, the ashes dancing around her parted feet explaining the dark hue during her crash landing. Silently you nod as we open the file cabinets of faces and names.. this girl's face pops up, but there's no name to go along. You were never told who to patrol with, just to search the beach and return with any interesting information. "What exactly are we looking for?" Your right ear tucked backward, the left swiveled forward to listen to the girl. "I uhm.. I'm not sure. Anything that looks, wrong, I guess." your raspy voice stammers (as always) while you try to over-think and speak at the same time.

The demi-goddess moved toward the water, her mind momentarily away from what small conversation you two had just started, and another hybrid found his way back to the beach. His underbelly and sides glinted with a cool silver, the rest of his dark body highlighted with a rusty orange while the sun cast it's last rays of light over the hungry ocean. As he approached, you could hear the small mare speaking again from the waves, but lifeless eyes stay on the glimmering boy. “I was asked to come find you two... help out with the patrol.” Neither of the strangers smell unfamiliar, but their names fail to form on your tongue.

Ouija grunts in her sleep, the sudden noise in your head making your stomach tighten before you shift uncomfortably on all four flaky hooves. "I'm Mesec." You nod, eyes momentarily drifting back to the girl who's name you still don't know. "I'm Voodoo." Your voice is soft, but not uncomfortable.. you are in the company of herd mates after all. Distracted by the boy, you had completely missed the filly's question; secretly you are just glad that there's someone else here for her to talk to.

"So-" you pause, not quite sure why you are trying to strike up conversation in the first place - the girl seems to have more than enough to say already - "I wonder what happened here." Glossy, dead eyes drop to gesture to the beaten beach.

"Voodoo." 'Ouija.' 'Voices'
@[Aithniel]
Everyone clap for how slow I am and how god awful this response is.

Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!