the Rift

[OPEN] Into the jungle!

Kipling Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Heading out for his daily amble into the Helovian wilds, Kipling encountered some activity at the border. This was not all that unusual - there was only one way to access the Hidden Falls for the flightless, so the borders were the site of plenty of commotion - but this sounded different than the standard coming and going that he had learned to recognize as “normal,” or at least what passed for normal in this strange, magical place. Kipling stepped into the dense trees, hiding himself behind a shield of lush greenery. From his vantage point, he watched a colorful pair of fledgling fillies greeting each other. He did not recognize either, although the smaller one painted in black and white and gold bore an obvious resemblence to Czar Midas.

Kipling found himself smiling as he watched them, enamored by their little conversation. He never had the chance to interact with another foal his age when he was growing up, and watching these two now filled him with genuine happiness. How he would have loved having some company – any friendship at all – when he was their age!

Just as Kipling had made up his mind to sneak around them and leave them to their fun, the one who had rudimentarily introduced herself as Zah-a (what an odd name) took off. Worry was a feeling that Kipling was distinctly unacquainted with, and his suddenly-pounding heart sent blood thundering painfully through his head. Something about watching them – still so little and precious and fragile – running like banshees sent him into a panic. Of course, he had done exactly the same thing when he was a colt, but he didn’t have to watch himself doing it. Seeing them from an outsider’s perspective was altogether terrifying.

Kipling leapt out onto the path and scurried after them, his long strides gaining rapidly. As quickly as she had taken off, Zah-a halted. Kipling stopped, too, suddenly placed in the awkward position of having followed uninvited. He twitched an ear back hesitantly, looking at the fillies again and realizing they had managed to weave themselves deep into the forest. Someone should get an adult to help… No, hang on. I think I’m the adult…? Confused, he drew a hoof uncomfortably through the undergrowth, mumbling an unhelpful explanation, “I, uh… I followed you. I’m Kipling, I live here. I think we’re lost? Please don’t panic! It will be fine. I’ll just… um… Let me think.” He finished helplessly, turning to study the vines and trees that suddenly all looked identical to one another. He did not think to comfort the youngsters – he was too fully consumed in the task of figuring out what they should do for reassurance to occur to him.

In the distance, the sound of the waterfalls offered Kipling his only clue. “Let’s go that way. Follow me,” He declared, walking in the direction of the noise, his confidence returning with the birth of a plan.

OOC: Assumed Tempe followed - let me know if you want me to change anything, Lauren. =)

Kipling
Photo Credit

Messages In This Thread
Into the jungle! - by Tempe - 02-26-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Zahra - 02-27-2015, 12:09 AM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Tempe - 02-27-2015, 12:56 AM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Zahra - 02-27-2015, 03:45 PM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Kipling - 03-01-2015, 04:05 PM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Tempe - 03-04-2015, 02:22 AM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Midas - 03-04-2015, 11:43 PM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Zahra - 03-06-2015, 12:13 AM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Tempe - 03-28-2015, 12:53 AM