A Sweet Retreat [open]

Soleil the Virtuous Posts: 40
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 11
ali

S O L E I L
Does it have to start with a broken heart
Broken dreams and bleeding parts

It was hard to miss the swell of Solstice's belly when the mare stood. Soleil knew well that Solstice had promised herself to Aera's son, Ataraxia. She also knew that he was not anywhere within Helovia's borders, so it left the mare wondering who the father of Solstice's child was, and if she had found love again. Soleil dearly hoped that the other mare was able to find love. It was a beautiful thing, heartbreaking to lose, and even more beautiful when it was found again.

"Aaron is a strong, smart boy." Soleil said. "I believe he will do well and I know Paladin will not let any harm come to him should he be able to prevent it." She sounded confident, but she was every bit as worried as Solstice was. Paladin was in battle with unicorns that would be fighting for their home. She knew the pains that one would go through to keep their home safe. She would not allow herself to sound worried for Solstice's sake. If the pregnant mare needed someone to lean on then she would be there. If she needed someone to speak with confidence then she would.

Silence enveloped the mares only to be broken by a question from Solstice. It was a question that had Soleil taken aback. She was silent as she thought about the question, mulling over the memories of Aderes and Terrador. "My time with Terrador was nothing but foolish." She admitted. "He was a smooth talker. It was why he had so many mares falling all over him. I didn't choose him so much as he talked me into ridding myself of virginity. I didn't expect a foal out of it, but I don't regret Tyradon's conception, either. Nor do I regret Cael's. The only thing I regret is not being there for them when they needed me most. During the sundering Tyradon disappeared with his father and Cael fell among the many casualties because I couldn't protect him." It was still as painful as ever, the memory of waking to her son's dying breaths.

"I did love Aderes, but not in the same way that he loved me. He was my best friend." And she missed him dearly. "I was partly scared of what a relationship could do to our friendship. If it failed I would lose him, but I lost him anyway." Her head turned and she looked at Solstice. "Why did you choose Ataraxia? My brother loved you as well, though he didn't show it so openly."

Messages In This Thread
A Sweet Retreat [open] - by Solstice - 09-16-2012, 04:57 PM
RE: A Sweet Retreat [open] - by Soleil - 09-16-2012, 05:13 PM
RE: A Sweet Retreat [open] - by Solstice - 09-16-2012, 05:26 PM
RE: A Sweet Retreat [open] - by Soleil - 09-16-2012, 05:42 PM
RE: A Sweet Retreat [open] - by Solstice - 09-16-2012, 06:00 PM
RE: A Sweet Retreat [open] - by ali - 09-16-2012, 06:13 PM
RE: A Sweet Retreat [open] - by Solstice - 09-16-2012, 06:41 PM
RE: A Sweet Retreat [open] - by Soleil - 09-16-2012, 07:30 PM