the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] Starched and Pressed

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Spark

The God had mixed feelings about his cave and mirror. On the one hand the symbolic element of this place disturbed and intrigued him. Why was it, with timing flitting and fleeting all around the mortals at all times, they needed a specific location to summon his presence? Was it pragmatic? He didn't know, but his kin had always kept such locations easily available within their own herds, and so when he had created this place he had done the same.

Still. It was rather odd. These sort of ritualistic summoning left a strange, though not entirely unpleasant taste in his mouth.

The God stepped out of the mirror. The glass warbled and rippled as his stout body pierced the veil of time and space, allowing his essence to condense into physical form. He had heard Sin's call long before the words left the Haruspex's lips, and for once, he arrived on time.

"Don't be coy Zikar-Sin. You know very well that she is my sister." His gaze was stern, his tone neutral. He was not surprised that a judgement of his sister's actions should be required of him. How should we treat with her? The God snorted, his electric gaze looking amused for a moment. "I would think you would treat her as you always have. Her actions on the Island and those preceding it are nothing new. She has always been the one to resort to whatever means necessary to get her point across. Her behavior has changed nothing." His tail snapped around his hocks as his shoulders seemed to shrug. He did not appear to be passing a judgement of his sister's actions, only stating facts. The God did not condone her methods, but nor did he entirely disagree with them. It was a question of ethics - just how far the Gods ought to go to mold and aid those over who they governed. Ethics was a particularly gray area, so different from the blight and tangy bleed of time. The God had little stomach for it.

His ears snapped forward curiously as his haruspex mentioned Confutatis. Of course he had watched the skull-marked she-devil constantly harass those who lived in the Basin - daunting and then fleeing from its leaders, skulking in the shadows and trying to make pitiful bargains. However he was not sure why such a matter was any of his concern.

"Death would get rid of her." He offered rather unhelpfully, his voice seeming to smirk although his expression remained the same. It was a legitimate solution though. "Why does she target you? What does she covet?"

The God narrowed his eyes at the turn of the conversation, surprised and almost disappointed at Sin's lack of judgement. "You offered peace to the Falls and they have turned you down. You have extended some amounts of hostility towards them, or at least your spies have. Avoiding a war is easy. Give up. Give in. Leave them alone, or extend peace again. But if those options are unpalatable and you fear war is coming, then there is no conflict. Grow stronger, or lose." Still, he didn't think that his brother's band in the Falls really had the strength, or numbers, to take the Basin. Still, everything seemed perfectly balanced in his infinite mind. Did they think he would simply force the Falls into submission? Or bolster the Basin's ranks? For what? A conflict of their creation? Whoever had started this little arms race was of little consequence. One was happening, but Zikar-Sin hadn't given him reason to think that it had anything to do with him.

"I told Ulrik if he wanted his magic back that he could come and see me about it, and me alone."

[Sorry I totally missed this! My bad!]

Image Credits
FOXX

Messages In This Thread
Starched and Pressed - by Zikar-Sin - 02-28-2015, 11:59 AM
RE: Starched and Pressed - by God of the Spark - 03-05-2015, 03:06 PM
RE: Starched and Pressed - by Adelric - 03-22-2015, 08:50 PM