the Rift

There is strangeness here

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Deception and perfection are wonderful traits
One will breed love, the other hate

It seems my simple compliment didn’t quite work the way I thought it would. It draws a frown upon my features as I contemplate him with annoyance. Perhaps I am wrong in my limited social experience and flattery doesn’t buy the easy conversation ticket. Still, he’d have been better keeping his mouth shut. Instead I snort and let him stew, I had no reply that wouldn’t be sweet sarcasm laced in vafrous venom. Ah, but that would not be the wisest choice of words given the situation, though one more rude remark and I will struggle to let it slide. Instead, I listened to what else he had to say about his journey… Of nothing. The last stallion I had recruited had also said “of nowhere”, was there some sort of magical abyss they all stepped out of? Confused and dazed as they finally begin to exist. My ever-inquisitive mind was never satisfied by this answer and I battled with my ruffled thoughts.

It was then that something strange happened. Ophelia spoke and yet she didn’t, the words clear in my head but there was no movement from her lips. Telepathy? My body had grown tense at the intrusion. Could she see my thoughts too? My memories? I grew very still, concentrating on the ground with my eyes lost elsewhere as I honed in the words she had spoke instead. Talented… Recluse? I wasn’t sure whether she was complimenting me or not. And what would you want with a recluse like me? It felt odd answering in my head and even more odd that there was a possibility she could hear it.

The conversation rolled on out loud this time and my well-disciplined mind kept the lid on my current shock. I look to the silver dragon, Tinek, I’d seen him before though I couldn’t help but think of that bronze who had burnt my back. I didn’t like or dislike the creatures, they were well capable of harm and yet I can see my advantages to them. Handy flying reptiles they were when one wasn’t facing them in battle. Alas I am bird and horn; there is not blood in my body that allows me to bond to such creatures. I glance downwards with a forlorn look to the pup that rolls around at my side and wonder when the day will come when he looks more like a beast than a cute puppy.

Ophelia seemed more in tune to this nothing that everyone came from, perhaps I was missing the deeper meaning of her words, but I wonder what her mother would think of such words. "How depressing" I commented briefly, not really knowing what else to say.

The invites began and I looked at the Lady of the Basin curiously. I had always been under the impression only the horned went north, however, that knowledge was born of an era when I was only small and I had been outcast from the Frostheart’s herd. Perhaps they had changed, it had been nearly three years since mother had told me such things and time changed all things in the end. I found myself wanting to take that telepathic offer to visit even more if just to see what the remnants of that old herd looked like now, anew and hidden in the mountain. "Like wise, my land is not far from here, known for its greenery and waterfalls, as well as our talented family that watch over it. We have many roles you may chose to take" I offer as well, keeping my tones neutral and informative. Not really knowing which side of this stallion I was on, good or bad.

@[Boltar]

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
There is strangeness here - by Boltar - 02-28-2015, 09:46 PM
RE: There is strangeness here - by Ophelia - 03-01-2015, 01:48 PM
RE: There is strangeness here - by Ghost - 03-03-2015, 09:45 AM