the Rift

[OPEN] Playthings

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

Saffron
you exist in TIME, but belong to ETERNITY

Paw after paw after paw after paw I stalk through the sparse trees in the southern region of the Basin. I've hovered here a lot recently but I don't mind traipsing over familiar territory. My eyes focus on my target, my prey to be - a lonesome deer - and I'm certain this time that it is not anyone's companion that I desire to devour. Thranduil and Haldir are safe in some neck of the woods and I worry not that I have found some distant relative. The doe nibbles over grass that peaks up beneath the pine needles and pays no heed to my position. I am a shadow, a phantom, that she has yet to become cognizant of. I stay crouched low to the ground, my fur brushing across the needles that lie dormant and dying, flat on the floor. Claws extended, I'm ready to take down the poor creature.

BAM!

Like a flash it's already happened. I crept and I crawled and I stalked. In a flash I moved forward and took the innocent down with mighty paws, slicing through tender flesh and pinning her to the ground. My teeth sink into her throat and jaws close around her larynx, suffocating her slowly. A crack, and I've broken her neck, though unintentionally. Carefully I pull my fangs from her lanky throat and go for her belly, knowing well the juicy and rewarding meat I'll find there. I lie down, my own belly resting solidly on the earth as I tear open her hide and begin to rip out her intestines.

It's not a pretty sight, but it was never meant to be.

""
open

Image | Table by Tamme
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.