the Rift

[OPEN] the wild rose

Waprevah Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 6.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 4 HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
TheIceViking

A nostalgic feeling swept over the mare as she started to thread through the forest. Sometimes her mind wandered to her previous home, which had been her home for three years before she had and her brother got sick of her parents and went off. Where was her mother now? Her father? Was he still roaming that burnt down forest trying to recover his kingdom from ashes. Sadly, the forest wasn't a phoenix, her father hadn't seemed to realize though. A disturbing laughter bubbled from her throat as she laughed at her father's stupidity. How could he really have thought he could recover his kingdom? Everyone was dead, they were all gone. The liver chestnut rolled her eyes when she thought back to the "old days". Waprevah often wanted to find her brother again thought, she missed him from time to time, but he was probably happy with that mare he found. The Arabian had mixed emotions towards the lady, she knew she was supposed to be glad for her brother to find someone to share time with, but Waprevah was selfish and wanted her brother for herself. It didn't matter though, Waprevah just kept on moving on and could not feel any pain over her lost family. If she wanted new friends she would just find her some. Turning on the charm was never hard. Waprevah smirked to herself as she continued walking through the forest.

Waprevah wondered if she would find herself having a conversation with anyone here. So far she had not stumbled into anyone. It was an early morning, the sun was just crawling to the sky. Purple and pink hues covered the sky but it was hard to see it well through the trees. If one glanced straight up you could see it. Few clouds settled in the sky and the tones from the sun created a masterpiece. A few birds flew over her head and the moment their scent hit her nostrils hunger began to affect her. Her stomach growled only slightly but the craving for the iron taste watered her mouth. Waprevah knew that it was quite abnormal for equines to feast on flesh and blood, therefor she had stayed away from that during her time in Aurora Basin, not wanting to shine a dark light upon herself. However now, she was free to do whatever she wanted.

She began trotting through the forest but then slowed down when she noticed a few rabbits around. They seemed to be oblivious to her presence but as she took a step forward their heads shot up. They did not run away though and Waprevah wondered if she could approach them carefully, instead of chasing them around the whole place. The forest was most likely filled with animals if she were to fail, she would at least not be losing anything, unless she would have to go home straight away, which she didn't. Her head dropped low to the ground in a submissive gesture and she took slow and careful steps towards the rabbits. She could hear their hearts racing in their chests but she kept going. Her muzzle was stretched forward in a friendly gesture though she knew her skull wasn't so appealing to the weaker ones. One of the rabbits stretched their tiny nose towards her and sniffed her. Oh, a big mistake little one. Waprevah seized her opportunity, not wanting to risk her food running away. Her lips revealed her teeth and in light speed her teeth dug into the rabbit's spine, paralyzing it in a second. Through the corner of her eyes she noticed the smaller animals around running in all directions, away from her. Waprevah dropped the rabbit to the ground and pounded it's skull followed by a cracking sound. Blood began to pool around the tiny animal and the scent filled her nose. Oh how she missed this!

After feasting on the little rabbit she walked in the other direction, leaving the bones and a bit of blood behind. Her blue eyes gazed around, looking for exciting things to encounter.

ooc :: anyone can post, I'm just looking for some strangers for Waprevah to meet. Even though the setting might not be so romantic it wouldn't hurt if this would include a little flirting hehe

"speech"

Image Credits
Please tag Wappy in all replies <3
[Image: 6dbd477f6a4a31a0de8712698f20429a-d8dbyo6.png]

“The ones who are insane enough to think that they can rule the world are always the ones who do.”

Cathun Posts: 88
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
C
A
T
H
U
N

How had he ended up here again? Bleary eyes stared blankly at the trees, watering in the dawning light. His head was a mess, pounding and sore while all thoughts swirled like a maelstrom. He was supposed to be on his way to some distant land, searching for family he never met and mending things that weren't supposed to break... He remembered following a white dragon, remembered a black dragon swooshing around his legs, and a golden dragon smiling brightly at him in a red desert...

Oh. Right. He was here already. He'd found Wonderland, only instead of being wonderful it was a bloody exhausting place with too many people around (not that he really minded people, he just didn't want more than one or two around at the same time, ya know?) and too little breakthroughs. He had lost a precious item too and been forced to walk all the way back to the Threshold to retrieve it, and then he'd gotten himself lost in the woods.

Good. His head was still working, even though it felt like it might split in two.

Birds were tweeting in the trees above his head. Cathun pressed his lips together and pressed his ears tightly against the neck, wishing they could fly off and be happy somewhere else. He was so tired it wasn't even funny, the body aching with the strain of travel and fading bruises, so far the only reward he'd been given for taking up the mantle of a warrior. His idea of glory had very little to do with being kicked to the ground by the veterans, or patrolling borders, and if it wasn't for Amaris the colt might have quit the whole thing already. He could be glorious on his own, who needed a home anyway?

The chirping just wouldn't stop. A frown deepened on his brow as a puffy little sparrow flitted down to sit on a shrub right next to the tree he was leaning against, and in a silvery clear voice it began singing its heart out as sunlight trickled down through the canopy.

Peep, peep, twi, twi, twi.

"... up." His head pounded, the sunlight was too bright. Embers fell from his forelock, glowing dully as it fell to the ground, before winking out of existence.

Peep, peep, twi, twi, twi, peep. Twi, twi, twi.

"Shut up" he breathed, irritation a red-hot furnace of churning magma in his gut. The bird blinked and glanced at him, hopping pathetically on the thin branch. Ah, the leaves were yellowing already - he never knew it would happen so quickly.

Twi, twi, twi.

He snapped.

"I said SHUT UP!" Cathun screamed, in a violent gesture lunging for the innocent little bird. It gave off a horrified tweet and took off, escaping his enraged teeth with barely an inch to spare, and the stallion felt a searing disappointment over being unable to punish the thing for tormenting him so. He thrashed around in dismay, stomping hooves into the ground and snapping the long tail like a whip, and when none of that dispelled the prickly rage within he pushed himself into a sharp trot, fully intending to run until he fell down from exhaustion.

Only, suddenly there was a horse in the way, and he had built up too much momentum to stop. Though he dug the hooves as deep into the loam as he could it would be impossible to stop in time. Cathun cursed and braced himself for impact, emitting a wordless shout of warning to the mare as he came skidding, about to smack headlong into her ribs.

@[Waprevah]

Image Credit

» Magic and Violence is permitted at all times
» Please tag me!

Waprevah Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 6.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 4 HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
TheIceViking
Waprevah
“And if another of his kind comes knocking on your door, will you open it?"

I can still taste the coppery taste in my mouth. My own personal high. I was starting to get quite cranky back in the Basin with the lack of drug flowing through my veins. I managed though, I would never crack. I am not weak and pathetic. Desperation will never touch my iced soul.

The liver chestnut continued her walk through the forest. Her movements were feathery and silent. The mare possessed a stealth which challenged the ghosts around her. Waprevah's head dropped towards the ground for a second, her nostrils flaring as she took in the scents around her. The aroma of earth filled her nostrils among other animals, though her hunger had been satisfied. There was no need for further hunting. Suddenly the skull covered head popped up from the ground. Her ears shifted in all directions as she thought she heard a sound. Though as she tried to focus her hearing, no sound came. The mare was calm when she took a few steps forward and came to a halt for further inspection. When the faint sound of hooves reached her ears a smile covered her black lips. I see we have company. Company came faster than expected though.

I can feel my heartbeat beating a bit faster with the excitement that curses through my body. I had been lurking around this forest for some time now and not a single soul to be found. Well … actually, if you count the meals as souls then I guess there are some. Suddenly I see a dark coloured form bursting through the trees and my natural instinct kicks in, a second too late though. I can feel my limbs pushing my feathery body forward though soon I feel the heavy body of another equine clashing with my barrel and rump and a second later the aroma of earth fills my nostrils again.

It didn't take me long to put my feet underneath my and push my body from the ground, which now, was covered in dirt and leaves. My skulled face turns towards the newcomer. “What in the world was that for!” I hear myself snap at the idiot. For good measure I send the stallion (which I just found out from the scent radiating off of him) a icy glare though my face is flat and void of any emotion. It takes a lot to make my blood boil (not really but I like to think so) though I admit it has begun to heat up. That crash was quite uncalled for.

It didn't enter my mind right away but its slowly seeping in. Perhaps this crash was no accident. I can feel my awareness rise and I become more cautious. Though I am not known to flee from danger. It has always been my favorite toy to play with.

@[Cathun]
speech
word count: 477 words
Image Credit
Please tag Wappy in all replies <3
[Image: 6dbd477f6a4a31a0de8712698f20429a-d8dbyo6.png]

“The ones who are insane enough to think that they can rule the world are always the ones who do.”

Cathun Posts: 88
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
C
A
T
H
U
N

The collision was a fact. He barreled into her and as she fell, so did he in a jumble of legs and tangled hair that only through some miracle failed to cause injury. Still, as Cathun rolled away from her luscious curves and strained to his feet he was haunted not only by remnants of guilt and tattered pride but anger too, and a lingering fragrance of blood and mare that made him shudder. She bit at him with angered words and in retaliation he threw his head up, haughty and annoyed with embers smoldering beneath tousled curls.

"Watch where you go yourself" he retaliated, the ice of her glare melting in the face of his seething rage, still smoldering beneath the ashen surface. Despite being covered in mud and leaves his posture was proud, regal even, and the way he looked at her could only be described as indifferent.

At least, initially it was. But as his jumbled mind took the time to actually process what the eyes saw, his opinion changed. He was a stallion after all, and it didn't take that much to awaken interest when the subject was female, not that much older and decidedly pretty to look at. The skull on her head was creepy, true, and the scent of fresh blood about her was... unusual and set his teeth on edge, but if he overlooked that...

Okay, he had to work quite hard to overlook it. But she was pretty, lithe and dainty with all the curves in the right places and he wouldn't have been a young stallion if he hadn't reacted in some way. Like the foolish youth he was Cathun relaxed, and while his expression still remained more irritated than charmingly handsome there was no mistaking the trace of curiosity that entered the features.

"So? Who are you, and why are you here?"

Not very polite, not entirely friendly, but hey. At least he wasn't yelling at her. Right?

@[Waprevah]

Image Credit

» Magic and Violence is permitted at all times
» Please tag me!