the Rift

and life loved death

Verlaine Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

et la vie amait la mort

Fading away had been simple. Whatever she had left behind was nothing but dust and was busy eroding to the elements. She was the last of the family line, and like a curse, she was the one to ruin it all.
In France, honour is everything. She had disgraced her family and ruined their honour, and in her pain, her gift from birth was used to make her exit. A dead womb was a dead womb, and nothing could change the fact that her family couldn't find use in their only offspring.
The night was beautiful, igniting her features into luminescence, dancing while her hovering body shifts about the trees. Occasionally, she misses her mark and passes through them, turning violet eyes to ensure that none have seen her perform the show. There was nothing wrong about her talent, but the trees made her uneasy. Her skin shivered and crawled beneath the humidity, moonlight passing through her body and beaming to the foliage below.
Something wasn't right that her magic want to leave body. It gave way in short bursts as the trees engulfed her more, morphing her legs down to the earth and actually touching the ground. The appearance of life grabs at her with desperate and terrifying hands.
SHOCKWAVE.
It's like a brick wall. It is a brick wall, a heavy blow to the face, the heart, her very emotions that the feeling that she was given constant warnings of almost bringing her to tears once all of her magic explodes and let's loose. She stumbles across the ground with the whites of her eyes engulfing her soft purple shades. Her strides gather her missing parts in a quick, panicked fashion in hopes that she hasn't lost the most dear thing to her that she still controls.
"Meeeeeerde!"
Her chest rises and falls, gasping for air in heavy bouts. Pulled up against a tree, the magic seeps back in, body transforming into the previous state. Sighing, she grants hatred upon the place. As if her magic was already strange enough, having an attempt at ripping it away in an extremely violent style offered her no support towards the trees and whatever earth she found herself levitating over.

OOC: She'll be finding her egg in this thread too, so if someone wants to say their character saw it or something and point it out, it's welcome.
Her magic is in use, so just check her profile. Nighttime so she is more noticeable and defined.

Azaneen Posts: N/A
Unregistered

A z a n e e n
but oh my dear
a guardian angel
is always near

It was as if the feelings deep in this ashen chest engulfed my heart once again. I found myself lonely and aching inside. Tears threatening to fall in a most horrific fashion, as if sobbing was about to ensue. Though Kaj had helped, no saved me, this organ still pained me. Broken and crumbled upon the bottom of my innards. Like glass it penetrated certain parts of me and moving on was like being ripped apart slowly. A tear finally fell, littering an ebony cheek, drying and roughening smooth fur.

Oh how it killed me to remember their faces, their love, and their embrace.

My attention was brought forth, ahead of me and to the right. Ears swiveled just that way and golden globes watched for the cause of the noise. 'Meeeeeerde!' it shouted.

Curiosity brought my legs to walk in such the direction. Limbs that still quivered with weakness from my lack of nutrients (because I carelessly let myself become a walking skeleton, in hopes of leaving behind my body). Though what I seen was nothing like that of me or the rest of us. It was something that belonged in the afterlife... but whatever it was, was quite familiar in shape and for a moment my heart leaped with excitement. Was it Ashin? Was it the mare I raised that departed from this life with the rest of my family?

I could only hope. Only hope that it was her, that she could speak, that just perhaps I could touch her again. Golden sword flung to the sky and long hair drug behind me in the dirt as my gait turned to a gallop. Dashing between trees with adrenaline that pumped my weak body. Dodging within the night, watching as my golden light reflected on the trees and ground. Though as I came closer, I slowed. Coming to a stand still rather abruptly, curiosity written plainly across this broken face. "Ashin?...." I whispered, carefully and quietly. Unsure of if this lost soul could even hear me, or even see me, but oh how I hoped it was her.

Then... another tear silently drips. Oh if it is not the girl, this tiny crumbled heart will turn to dust and blow away.

[OOC- A thing to keep in mind is her passive magic that makes her glow (that you can see in her picture) AS WELL AS she is still a little malnourished and rather skinny, so bones are visible throughout her. :)
Verlaine (tag removed so that I could edit a misspelled word lol).]

image credits
- table by Niki -

Unregistered

et la vie amait la mort

As if the shockwave wasn't enough for her, the time spent recollecting herself brought no relief. Her panting slowed, but the magic brought thin sparks of pain once it regained it's rightful position within her essence.
Then, if that wasn't enough for her, a glowing orb laid itself within the foliage about her. Violet eyes push downwards to the source and her nuzzle graces it with soft, motherly caress. The moment is ruined to the rumble of hooves. Verlaine quickly pulls her levitating body into position as to protect the orb. Her facade would have to end to take the orb with her, but showing that she wanted to keep good health to it was not an issue.
Whoever it was brought some surprise to the Ghost's tired expression. Bones etched themselves into the sides of their barrel, gold eminating from their body as if they fell from heaven. She blinks a few times to drink in the whole image, before snorting at the name.
Ashin? Who is Ashin? She is Verlaine, not Ashin. This was a new place, a new face, but she wasn't changing the beauty and the grace, the very honour that seeped from her french name for something such as Ashin. Verlaine would not be Ashin, unless...
She pulls her wisps in the direction of the orb. "Is this Ashin? Does it belong to you?" Confused fills her voice. Are the mortals within this place so odd that they give names to orbs that are just lying about the ground? Mentally, she debates over whether it would be best that she politely excuse herself and leave in the least rude way possible. Some small talk couldn't hurt in the meantime.
"What is Ashin? I've never seen anything like them where I come from. I would be Verlaine, but not that it would happen to mean much to you and Ashin."
Deep down, she feels sorry for the glowing woman. The bones that purge life from the Dear are a mistake upon such a beautiful thing that only needed coaxing back into good health.

OOC: Officially found the egg.
@[Azaneen]

Unregistered

A z a n e e n
an angel who's afraid of the light
her halo is broken
but there is fight in her eyes

It was as if her whole world crumbled right beneath those golden hooves. Grief and sorrow filled her face, emotion pouring from her facial features. The yellow orbs seemed to be dull and lifeless now.

Ashin, oh Ashin, this was not the beautiful child that she remembered and mourned over. In fact it was a whole other poor soul, lost among the mortal world that seemed unable to find its way to the other side. Azaneen lowered her head. Leaving but one tear to fall down her cheek and splash against the earths floor.

Her attention was taken between both the floating objects and still, she seemed long gone and distant. That moment of happiness she felt thundered away along with the rest of her soul. "I apologize, I have mistaken you for another... being?" she trails and questions. Unsure of if this body was even alive or a floating image inside her imagination. "That," she stated, moving her face a little to gesture towards the orb "would not be Ashin, and in complete honesty I am unsure of what it is."

The form before her begins to speak some more. Taking into this, a whole new conversation. What is Ashin? for a moment, Azaneen begins to question her sanity. Turning her neck to both directions beside her, checking to see if this was real or just a horrifying dream. Instead of getting too deep into thought and not replying, the black golden mare moved closer.

Slow steady steps that beat with the ache of her heart.

Stopping a few feet from the floating object and soul. "Ashin is a dear friend of mine whom not long ago passed to the afterlife." a tear begins to threaten, then another, as if they would almost immediately rush from her eyes to be seen. Though they do not fall. Instead they stay there, washing around in her golden globes causing a disoriented world before her. "Quite a pleasure to meet you Verlaine, I am Azaneen."

"Perhaps I could help you figure out the treasure you have stumbled upon?" offering her help despite chocking on tears.

[OOC- I sincerely apologize for taking so long to reply, its homecoming week at school so it's been a pretty hectic week, as well as I apologize for the crap of a post.]
@[Verlaine]
image credits
- table by Niki -

Unregistered

et la vie amait la mort

The curtain draws and her mask burns, the true picture of Verlaine pouring over her matter and bringing her back into the face of life. Loose air is replaced with ground. She shifts uncomfortably while her balance regains itself, careful not to mash the orb. A shake brings the last of her magic's touch from her appearance, and she is nothing more than a small mare standing far below a towering giant.
So much for appearances.
"Pas de soucis." She turns to admire the orb once more before taking it within her teeth, pulling it up slowly and bringing it around to her tail. Gentle persausion leaves it resting inside the mass of hair. "I doubt it would hurt it if we took it with us."
Azaneen nears her at this point. The shift in her violet eyes catches the steps in the corner of her eye, slow and steady. Ears prick forward into an alert position to greet the closer arrival of the glowing mare. Talk of Ashin makes a conversation that she might enjoy if it wasn't for the circumstances of departure. Ashin was of importantance to her company, and thus came the fashion of greeting that she had recieved.
"My sincere apologies for the passing of your loved one. The afterlife is a kind place once you become accustomed to it. We will all find each other there some day, so rejoyce in what life you have left. That's what they would like you to do so that all is not wasted when you're reunited."
The next is an offer she couldn't refuse. A treasure it might be, but that wasn't what she was seeing it as. It was an object, something possibly living and breathing, but for the time being, silenced. "I'd love that. Maybe you could also tell me a bit about this place? My blood flows from a very different land than this."
She studies Azaneen's face for a moment, holding her eyes upwards in their sockets so that their height difference wouldn't be as supreme. Others may of towered over her in stature, but she had towered over them in title as far as it mattered. "Are you alright?"
Her manners had been well as far as she had paid to them. Nothing rude had been said so far. It must of been the mention of Ashin that brought the tears, and yet while she would of easily offered a hand of comfort, there wasn't much she could do for them.
"Don't cry for them, they're in a much better place than this doomed world."
@[Azaneen]

Unregistered

For what I seen next I was not prepared. Not prepared in the least bit. What I thought to be a deceased soul, lost and searching for the entrance to the afterlife, was a being that shed the ghostly appearance for one of beautiful colors. Verlaine was a short gal but made up for it in looks.

As she spoke in a foreign tongue, I quietly observed her move the orb to the tendrils of her tail. The cream face turning to stare at my own, letting words flow from her maw to my ears. "I am sure it would not, perhaps we can find others that would know what treasure the orb you have found possesses." I agreed with her quietly adding in my own thoughts, for I have no clue what it is or what it does but I am sure those who have been here longer would know. I'm sure those in my new family of the Edge would know. Perhaps Kaj would know?

Verlaine listened to my words as I approached her and her reply was one that lightened my heart, nearly giving me some peace of mind... if it wasn't for my stubborn heart that refuses to carry on. "Thank you Verlaine." I responded, sincere and inviting. Replaying the phrase in my mind over and over again.

"I am almost as new as you to these lands dear," I pause, trying to gather the most information that I could recall from hearing things upon my travels "but from what I have gathered this is the land of Helovia." I shift my teary gaze to the tree next to myself. Then to the next tree and the rest. I honestly don't know much of anything else about this place.

Though it is when she asks if I am alright, I lost a tear. It quietly weaved down my cheek, slowly hardening the dark fur the liquid ran over. "I will be okay, eventually these tears will never fall again, though she is in a better place... it hurts to have lost her." I choke. Quietly looking down upon the mare before me. Trying so very hard to pull a smile upon my lips but.. it almost couldn't be done. What did slither across my maw was that of a fake and unattractive smile... but I tried.

"Perhaps you would like to follow me to my home and family? I'm sure someone there can describe to you about the orb and tell you many things of this Helovia." I pause, taking a quiet breath, exchanging my next words with the most sincere and loving tone I could muster "And perhaps if you like it there, you can stay and join our family."

OOC;; late reply is late. shoot me. i read this and never replied and totally forgot about it. feel free to poke at me next time if you have to wait more than a day or two. <3
TAG;; @[Verlaine]
"Talking."
image credits
- table by Niki -

Unregistered

et la vie amait la mort

She is kind with open ears, pushed forward, drinking in Azaneen's sweet song when it fills the silence. Tragic as it may be, all had something tragic in their life to mourn over. It was not worth pitying over. Someday, they will all die and she is no stranger to the idea, prepared to embrace it when the act it comes. Until then, she is patient, flowing throughout life ready for whatever may come.
The 'thank you' of the very foreign tongue(when compared to delicate, rythmic romance of French) draws out a nod in humble respect.
Helovia is a sound as different as the sounds that they make in unison. Verlaine's own language is seen nothing more than clicks and whistles to the sound of that word, puzzling the features of her face into a distorted, confused manner that brings a snort. "What an odd name." She speaks, vocalizing her thoughts without meaning to.
Worry replaces confusion, and in watching the tear fall, trailing behind it with a dead, cold sort of silence that haunts their shared space. Ears fall down at the smile and she doesn't know if she's insulted or annoyed, or even both. Fake smiles hid things. People who hide things had lies, but that wasn't the current issue. She'd been poking too much, and this wasn't someone who had shared a previous home, language, or culture with her. Azaneen was a stranger from a different world, stepping into some place new and being kind enough to guide her through.
The next offer is too well, and she pines for something. Maybe there is someone else out there like herself.
"I'd be honoured. Would you mind to lead the way?"

OOC: So sorry for taking so long! School ate me and my muse.
@[Azaneen]

Unregistered
[ carried on here ]