the Rift

[OPEN] A New Cycle

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs

Kvothe
A story is a way of preserving the memories of those long forgotten to time.

Summer's grasp upon the world was weakening. Soon, the leaves of trees would turn to beautiful shades of brown, red and gold, and the air would chill and snow would fall. However there would be that lull between Summer and Winter, where the air would be pleasant and the world colored so beautifully it would be as if the world's best artists gathered to paint every leaf a different hue.

We trudge through the mountains, Elodin and I, in search of the place called the Aurora Basin. I didn't know precisely where it was, but it did not stop me from searching. It was, actually, sheer luck I stumbled across the entrance, and the sight that greeted me there took my breath away.

Giant statues of metal loomed, sentinels standing guard. T'was like something out of a myth, one of my stories, and it only made me itch to see what grand place was beyond the statues. However, despite my curiosity I do not pass, no. This was clearly the threshold, the border to their herd. I would not insult my potential hosts so, not when a good first impression was needed.

So I merely watched Elodin as he played around, exploring everything with the utter fearlessness of a child. As he ventured free, I kept a sharp gaze up at the sky, fearful for avian predators to take advantage of the small antelope. Once, I had seen a hawk dive for my bondmate, and it was by sheer luck he managed to get to cover and hide long enough for me to charge over and chase the raptor off. He had stuck to me like glue afterwards, although apparently that had worn off.

My mismatched gaze roamed towards the Basin, ears pricked, trying to pick up the sounds of approaching feet. Was this the Basin, or had I stumbled across something else?

OOC: Kvo is here to speak with the leads/rank of the basin about Troupe matters :3 AKA spending a season with the Basin to share stories, barter, perform for the Basin and offer aid in matters not relating to fighting
""Speech."

Image Credit

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather

Diabolical insurrection reared its devouring discord in one more raptorial predilection, seething and searing, treacherous considerations winding towards the borders in another summons. A petulant portion of him, left over from childhood and renegade, imperious considerations, thought almost to ignore the beckoning entirely: too many times he’d been dragged across the grounds with no carnage, with no violence, with naught but harbored strife, newcomers, or wayfaring infidels yearning to search throughout their home. He was not the Basin’s welcome wagon, furnished and lacquered with sunny dispositions and hidden agendas; his reticent rapier was a howling bout of silent, unholy venues, bedlam destruction, impending, formidable menace, and the rancorous bits of his undulating prowess couldn’t conceal his distorted debauchery. It moved and maneuvered throughout his essence, a poet’s macabre glee, a bard’s taste of devastation and licentious creeds, savage temptation, heinous, ferocious danger - however, he still channeled motion, primordial, fiendish incantations blending into the light and hedonistic elation of an antagonistic prowess, breathing iron and intimidation through each masterful step, through each cunning declaration, the Lord, the King, the Reaper of winter and all of its recherché shades. His eyes wove a piercing desolation, scraping away at the scene laden before him: machines, sentinels, polished and gleaming in the sunlight, a rumbling threat, the first of many when one regarded the Basin. The stranger, at least furnished and garbed with a cutlass, stood along its outreach with some peculiar looking animal, basking in the hollowed sanction of their immoral reception. On molten chords, on vehement echoes, he regarded and slid in a blade’s gesture; a constant, reeling source of acrimony, hostility, and ruin, the foretold, the foreshadowed, scythe of abomination and havoc, narrowing his gaze, stepping into the boundaries, Hades’ settled near his chosen throne. Not a moment of recognition filtered through his core, no scents presented in an earnest fashion, no marks of devilry, no hints of whereabouts, meetings, or transgressions chiseled and sculpted along the scene – the creature was entirely unknown to him. Was he a threat? Was he a messenger? Was he eager to pull something untoward along the glacier walls, upon the rubble pathways, across the heathen summits (Deimos almost wished it too – because then he’d have an excuse to run his rapier through a lurking stranger, to taste the art, the heights, the ambrosia of violence again and again, drunk on its siren calls)? He spent a long, silent consideration beneath the wake of the sentinels, scrutinizing, analyzing, studying, and examining, an intimidating drum of quiet, an overwhelming, smoking contemplation, until he eventually parted his jaws in short, curt, blunt candor. “I am Deimos, Lord of the Basin.” The same speech, delivered again and again, informing the world of his mastery of the domain, of him, another weapon tucked into the Siberian reign. “Why are you here?”

[@[Kvothe] Do you want to be tagged each time? :D]

DEIMOS the REAPER
I'm eating all your kings and queens
image credits