the Rift

[OPEN] Meteorites and falling skies

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

Well there it was, so casual, she knew. It didn’t really matter, maybe, whether everyone knew or not. It wasn’t a secret, or if it was supposed to be that certainly failed a long time ago. Mesec tried not to bring it up if he could help it, telling others that you were a demigod just sounded so pretentious. It wasn’t usually how he started conversations, although it did come up in the Throat a couple times so far. It had felt important to not hide it from certain members of the Throat when his mother had caused so much grief for them. In any case, so far no one seemed to hold it over his head too much, and Maren - as she introduced herself - was still willing to share in his company despite his lineage. Perhaps one day he would learn to not worry so much about what others would think. No one else seemed to care so much about their parents.

Whether the gods would actually help out with a skin fungus, with the assistance of a ritual or not, was another matter. They were odd about their choices in when interfering was “against the rules” and when it was “for balance”.

They leave the topic of fungus and parents near the surface and move on to other things as they descend.

He listened, not finding any lack of curiosity or interest as they wandered deeper into the caves, as she explained a desire to know more about the land she had wandered. But his shadowy head shook earnestly at her apology. “You don’t have to apologize. There’s a lot to learn about this place - I may have been born here but I don’t even know everything... I wish I did. There’s just so much to know.” Helovia has had a rich history, he knew that much, and every year there were more stories being added that he had no clue about. There were births and deaths (too many of the latter for his tastes), kings and queens, crumbling herd lands, sicknesses, possessions… dull years were certainly not very common and he doubted that there was ever such a thing in all the time that had been spent here.

But there was something he did know and the memory struck him with inspiration. Silver eyes turned from their path to his company and he motioned towards one of the tunnels, changing his path to go down it. There was a room down there that he suspected Maren would like to see. In the glow of her halo his grin was bright and he fought the urge to tug on her mane as he would have with Ampere or Roskuld to encourage them along. “Come on, I want to show you something.” He moved off, pausing to check and make sure that she was following (the whole venture was pointless otherwise), before leading the way to the Wall of History.

The bubble of the fountain that reached them before they entered confirmed that he had turned into the right cavern. Above them as they entered, the lantern in the ceiling still burned, casting fire on the etched history of Helovia displayed in the cave wall. He still did not know exactly how this history had arrived here, perhaps the gods had created it as a record, but he was glad for its presence so he might share it with Maren today. “The four gods and how they brought life to this land.” Mesec explained with a small smile, gesturing to the pictures and stepping lightly toward them.

@[Maren]

I’m trying to find my direction home, ______________
A question of space, a matter of time, _______
I follow the stars until the first light.

image by jjjj56cp at flickr
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Meteorites and falling skies - by Maren - 03-01-2015, 06:50 PM
RE: Meteorites and falling skies - by Mesec - 03-04-2015, 08:38 PM
RE: Meteorites and falling skies - by Maren - 03-07-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Meteorites and falling skies - by Mesec - 03-11-2015, 08:07 PM
RE: Meteorites and falling skies - by Maren - 03-14-2015, 06:42 PM
RE: Meteorites and falling skies - by Mesec - 03-25-2015, 05:42 PM
RE: Meteorites and falling skies - by Maren - 03-26-2015, 11:44 AM
RE: Meteorites and falling skies - by Mesec - 04-03-2015, 02:38 PM