the Rift

Las Vegas Past

Himitsu Posts: 6
Up For Adoption
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 2 years old [Birdsong Birthday]
Adoptable
In life you are never lost. Because no matter where you are going, you are going somewhere. Your options are to sit back and to see where you go or to fool yourself into thinking that you have control over fate. I am young, no more than a weanling, but I know that it is foolish to get tangled in mere possibilities.

Life is no fairytale. There are plenty of villainous souls but there are no heroes. If you want a hero you have to be your own. I suppose that I fall somewhere in the middle. Many tales tell of a heroic show of mercy but I have none, and no desire to have any. My mother had been struck down without any show of mercy from a band of pegasi and equines. So why should they still be drawing air into their lungs?

My hoofsteps speed up then falter the closest tree becomes a stand in for everyone that I harbor so much anger against. Lowering my head I jerk it upwards shredding into the bark. Pulling away I rub my pink stained muzzle against the marks that I made and a satisfied smirk slowly spreads across my lips. Whenever the time comes what so many see as my curse will instead be my blessing. Survival of the fittest, right? How often have a heard that talk? Adults think the young to be ignorant to their moonlit conversations. I know that many urged my mother to leave me for the wolves and to focus on my twin. Everyone has always been filled with high expectations for Tora. She was born for greatness, and they are right, but all who doubt my potential are fools.

The forest has began to grow much more lush. I know that she worries about finding our way but I do not share in her concern. Instead I am lost in the sounds and smells of the forest. The birds' songs dance with the warmth of the sun. The trees stand firm and proud while the rest of the forest sways with the wind. It brushes against our sides and our legs, trying to pull us into the song that is sung. In a voice low enough to where Tora cannot hear I sing my own verse to add to this forest's never ending song.

Ears perked I answer my twin. "Ako ania dinhi," although my voice does betray my youth it has a deeper ring to it whenever compared to Tora's. I move to her side and I curl my upper lip sucking in air to get a good smell of the area. "I can smell where other unicorns passed through." In actuality I am not able to say for sure that they were unicorn. My sense of smell, stronger than what most have, can only tell me so much. But surely the marvelous herd we have searched for would not stand for those of other kinds being so near.

@[Tora] @[Zikar-Sin] I am so sorry about the wait you guys. The rest of my posts will come quicker.

"Ako ania dinhi," || "I am here,"

Messages In This Thread
Las Vegas Past - by Tora - 03-02-2015, 06:45 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Himitsu - 03-04-2015, 09:54 AM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Saffron - 03-08-2015, 08:09 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Tora - 03-09-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Zikar-Sin - 03-18-2015, 12:59 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Himitsu - 03-18-2015, 02:40 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Saffron - 03-18-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Tora - 03-18-2015, 11:06 PM