the Rift

Las Vegas Past

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

Saffron
you exist in TIME, but belong to ETERNITY

Is this punishment for greeting the foal nicely? For being courteous to a little stranger? I suppose not, but it feels like it. The look that said 'go to the Threshold' was pretty hard to ignore and I can't help but feel a little sulky. I'm not sure I get along with the newcomers all that well. Especially when they are sassy and full of themselves like that one mare was. But I suppose every now and then I can do something useful, even if I don't always enjoy it.

So now as my paws softly press against the pine needles littering the ground in abundance, I exhale quietly and resign myself to the main duties of being part of a 'herd'. This is why tigers are solitary beasts - no responsibilities to others, no unnecessary tasks or conversations. Ah well. I lift my head when I hear voices, and pause in my step to let my nose continue the work for me. The unrecognizable scents - two of them - tell me that I have found a couple of someones to bring home to the Basin. Moving through the trees, I weave my way in silence, letting their voices mingle in my mind into one objective.

It surprises me a little when I find not one but two foals, not that much older than Tempe, the filly that I had just so recently met. One is rather normal in appearance, but the other has me staring aghast. Instead of eyes, she has horns, in addition to the one in the middle of her forehead. I smother whatever opinions and reactions I have, burying them behind the facade. Some creatures in this world are so bizarre and I doubt I will ever be able to make sense of it all.

Gently I announce my presence with a deep, rumbling purr of speech. "G'day children." I sit, wrapping my long, thick tail around my hindquarters. "Welcome to Helovia, I am Saffron." Golden eyes watch them closely, waiting to see their reaction to being greeted by a talking predator. Whiskers twitch as a smile plays upon my face. Deimos will just LOVE two new bambinos.

""
@[Tora] & @[Himitsu]
360 words

Image | Table by Tamme
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Las Vegas Past - by Tora - 03-02-2015, 06:45 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Himitsu - 03-04-2015, 09:54 AM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Saffron - 03-08-2015, 08:09 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Tora - 03-09-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Zikar-Sin - 03-18-2015, 12:59 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Himitsu - 03-18-2015, 02:40 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Saffron - 03-18-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Tora - 03-18-2015, 11:06 PM