the Rift

Las Vegas Past

Tora Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Tora
i'm finally happy now that you are gone

Although I knew I was perfectly capable of handling myself, there was a strange feeling of comfort and content when my twin parted the ferns and entered the clearing in which I had called her from. Our magical language floating into the air on her ever so slightly deeper vocal chords causing my dark ears to flick forward and amber eyes to light up with excitement in knowing there were very few who would understand the strange words shared between us. I glanced away from the tri-colored filly momentarily as her face contorted into a strange expression the sound of air being sucked between her still pristine teeth distracting me for a second from the sound of the bird's singing happily in the canopies. "I can smell where other unicorns passed through." I wondered if our species truly did smell different from the others as amber eyes drifted from tree trunk to tree trunk, inspecting each one carefully for any kind of hints that our own type might be near by.
There wasn't time to delve into the world of how the different species smelled before a strange creature broke through the undergrowth. Pools drag, bored, across the feline's orange and black frame before glancing over to my clearly blind sister. "Sore wa nekoda." My slightly more feminine lyrics whispered towards the two different colored ears before my attention turned back to the feline who was now speaking. And I could understand her clear as day. Which was nearly more startling than the fact that she was a cat. "G'day children. Welcome to Helovia, I am Saffron." An invisible brow raised as I looked upon the sitting cat wondering what unicorns would allow this strange creature to survive. Unless a Saffron was some kind of secret weapon used to kill anything that wasn't a unicorn. Satisfied that my idea was surely the case a soft snort was expelled from dark paper thins before I allowed words to fall forwards into the midst of the bird's songs.
"I am...Tora." I hesitated at giving this strange animal my proper name as so far I wasn't quite sure what to think of the fact that the band of unicorns had told us this place was riddled with those like us. But so far, there hadn't been a single horn other than my own and Itsu's to set my eyes upon. Clearing my throat I looked down on the striped feline, dark washed features lifting upwards ever so slightly as to keep my tiara on straight I spoke up once again before I would shut up and wait for a proper unicorn to come and bring us to their lair where I could begin my quest to world domination. "We were told we could find a band of well-bred unicorns here. But instead we find a cat?" Dark harks flicked forwards as I leaned my weight against my back limbs lazily, happy that we were done walking for now.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Himitsu]
Words;; 498
Notes;; Sorry this took so long ladies <3 and sorry she's kinda bitchy.
Translation;; Sore wa nekoda - It's a cat

Credits: Image by tad 20D @ flickr

Messages In This Thread
Las Vegas Past - by Tora - 03-02-2015, 06:45 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Himitsu - 03-04-2015, 09:54 AM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Saffron - 03-08-2015, 08:09 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Tora - 03-09-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Zikar-Sin - 03-18-2015, 12:59 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Himitsu - 03-18-2015, 02:40 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Saffron - 03-18-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Tora - 03-18-2015, 11:06 PM