the Rift

Las Vegas Past

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

Saffron
you exist in TIME, but belong to ETERNITY

The more normal appearing of the two speaks first, but in a language that is completely foreign to me. I sit in silence, waiting for a translation or for her to switch to our common tongue. There is no use pretending to understand something that we both know I do not. She gives me her name, somewhat hesitantly, I notice. When she speaks again in the common tongue, my smile dims slightly, for she has landed a small slight against me. 'Ah, cats clearly fall beneath unicorns, then.' My tail thunks softly against the ground. Her slander is minute, however, and so I do not let it be a mark against her. Them - I doubt the other filly feels much differently. And then she speaks, first in the strange foreign language, and I can't help but feel that an insult has been thrown at me. I bristle but stay still. She introduces herself as Himitsu.

Another joins us - a stallion that comes up from behind me. I turn to look him over. The dark-hued unicorn seems to know of me, but I most certainly do not know him. I find my skin prickling at the sensation of being at such a disadvantage. "Saffron." I say softly for his benefit, for I have already introduced myself to the fillies. He must be of the Basin, for how else would he know me? And certainly when I inhale, I smell the familiar scent. I expect he shall introduce himself shortly, as well. But first, his concern for the lack of dam for the girls. Oh the concern is so heartfelt. I have a certain fondness for children that is.. well.. more obvious than I'd like it to be. It pales in comparison to the change that takes over him though.

When Himitsu speaks again, there is no sorrow for the absence of their mother. Only ripples of anger. The words that she ends with though.. 'Killed by those disfigured with feathers and invalids with no horns.' Oh for Christ's sake, how many of them are like this? Clearly, my instincts were on point. I smother a sigh. How little they know. All of the equines - the pegasi, the unicorns, the more plain ones - they are ALL beneath the predators that feast on them. For example, me. I ignore her comment.

"We are from the Aurora Basin, where you shall find the unicorns you seek." The smile I had started with has totally faded. Instead, a harsh glimmer decorates my eyes, invisible to all but the those with the keenest eye. Why there are so many unicorns who think themselves the epitome of equines, I'll never understand. If it were up to me, I'd eat them. "We will take you there if you like."

""
@[Tora] @[Himitsu] @[Zikar-Sin]

Image | Table by Tamme
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Las Vegas Past - by Tora - 03-02-2015, 06:45 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Himitsu - 03-04-2015, 09:54 AM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Saffron - 03-08-2015, 08:09 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Tora - 03-09-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Zikar-Sin - 03-18-2015, 12:59 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Himitsu - 03-18-2015, 02:40 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Saffron - 03-18-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Tora - 03-18-2015, 11:06 PM