Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

KTULU & ARCHIBALD
We are the ones who will never be broken
With our final breath
We’ll fight to the death

Archibald led the woman to the meadow where she would be reunited with her sister. He stayed silent, mostly, knowing no words he had would be a balm to Ktulu's open, festering wounds. Losing a child was the worst of hurts--and Archibald knew that personally--and there was no sense in mindlessly attempting to console his comrade. His presence was enough to show his sorrow for her and also his loyalty and heart, and he knew the Constrictor would accept that. They were soldiers, fighters, blood hunters down to the very core, and they spoke a different language than others they encountered. They spoke the language of strength and defiance, and Archibald would be Ktulu's crutch to regain her stability on that realm of warriorness once more if that was what she needed of him. But if she needed him to just be a shadow, watching and guarding, he would do that as well, standing vigilantly in the darkness as a specter.

Ophelia's light form was a flickering candle in the distance and the king picked up his pace to a gentle trot. He turned his head over his shoulder to watch Ktulu as he picked up his step. His golden eyes met her crimson and he gave her a steady nod. She was going to leave him to be with her sister, and part of that panged Archibald's heart, but the warlord understood. He understood the bond that twins shared, having his own twin. There was something about sharing a womb that bound two souls together for life. It was different than the companion bond he felt with Loretta, and in some ways it was stronger. While Vincent was not inside of his mind at all times, he knew the identical stallion inside and out and vice versa. He only assumed that it was the same with Ktulu and Ophelia--but Ophelia could be inside of Ktulu's head. She could hear and understand and feel Ktulu's hurts. It was what Ktulu needed.

But what about what Archibald needed? He was mourning, too. Circe was lost to the hooves of the Moon Goddess and his children were residing in the Dragon's Throat until his daughter was strong enough to join him in the World's Edge. He had wounds, too, and his twin was nowhere to be found to soothe them.

Archibald was alone.

[As always, Ophelia has perpetual permission to read Archibald's mind should she desire to. :3]

We are soldiers, we are soldiers

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
but innocence is gone - by Ktulu - 03-03-2015, 06:45 PM
RE: but innocence is gone - by Archibald - 03-05-2015, 08:14 PM
RE: but innocence is gone - by Ophelia - 03-08-2015, 10:51 AM
RE: but innocence is gone - by Ktulu - 03-18-2015, 08:30 PM
RE: but innocence is gone - by Archibald - 03-19-2015, 03:13 PM