the Rift

[PRIVATE] Poker Face

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
Sialia
I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

A woman is graceful, a woman is perfect, Always catering to her man, to each whim and woe. Well, I say, Fuck that. I can be graceful, but the rest of it is bull shit. My ears swivel, as I make my way towards that huge ball of heat. My head is held high, crown held proudly in the heated air, the royal blue of my eyes studying my surroundings.

I can certainly say that the last few months have been interesting. A new leader, murders, and a strange cleansing of the earth. Most oddly enough, the strangest thing was watching Glacia grow. In only a couple of months she would be a year old. She was already mature beyond years, and more beautiful than the glaciers she was named after. In all honesty, I missed the youngster who was naive and curious... Well, the curiosity had not changed. However, ever since the end of winter the questions on her father had ceased to come. Had something happened that I didn't know of? Had she possibly met her father? No. I don't believe so. The frozen king was elusive still. Even still, how would they know of each other?

Glacia had also taken a liking to healing, an odd development. I had expected her to follow in the footsteps of me, a warrior woman. But, I enjoyed watching the child born of passion grow, and love blossomed in my heart. The only love I could and ever would truly feel. She was my flesh and blood, and I treasured her, even if I didn't know how to show it.

A crack brought me out of my thoughts, the the two toned head swung in the direction. Nothing. Was it just in my head? I shake my head as I move around the fuming hole in the earth. There is a cave, and slowly I make my way to them, entering. I entered the warm cave, looking about me, following the long caverns, looking at the paintings, my thoughts taking me away from the earth, thinking of things passed, and what the future might hold. In the end I am left under the sparkling roof of a cavern, my eyes mesmerized by the crystals above.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Rostislav]
Words;; 374 words
Notes;; I'm sorry for the weird post. >.< I'm trying to get back into the roll of things <3

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
I've left the Falls again, eager to stretch my legs away from the home land and all the newcomers. I know Rohan is not the only one who has arrived in the Falls lately - though the other newbies are strangers still. I'd rather not stick around for long: I don't want to give anyone the idea that they can get TOO familiar with me. I'm not just some lowlife for them to pal around with. 'None think that.' Damaris says in my mind as she trails behind me. Of course she offered to stay again in the Falls and watch over things, but I'd rather have her by my side this time. I am closer to none besides my eleven month old hellhound, and her companionship is a salve to any aches of the heart that I may suffer.

My wanderings take me south to the Heart of Helovia, and the caves that dwell beneath. I remember these caves, and Damaris sees through the images in my mind the moment when I found her egg, and how I awkwardly carried it around in my mouth as I cared for it. How I met Voodoo and saw his own egg, which hatched into Ouija, his arctic fox companion. It seemed like ages that we spent in the Heart Caves, but of course life is so different now. I have a home that I am a great part of, a child, battles I've won and lost. The memories from my early days in Helovia seem so far gone.

As we went the caves and step through, my hooves clatter on the stone floor, and I can hear Damaris's claws clicking behind. The dampness of the caves cools me in comparison to the Tallsun heat, and I am grateful for the relief. I find myself wandering out to a cavern that I have yet to explore, at least to my memory. I step inside a great cavern, glittering with crystal formations above me and in the surrounding walls. It's beautiful, and I stop to admire their glory before I even notice that there is someone else in the cavern. A dark shape with a horn is there, highlighted only by the illumination of the crystals. I step closer, catching the scent of a female - do I know her?

"Pardon me Comrade, I don't mean to disturb your peace." I speak quietly, just loud enough for her to hear me, so that my voice does not echo so damnably around the room. Damaris stops next to my front legs, sitting down and letting her tongue loll out of her mouth. She looks up at me, then back at the mare. I feel her body tense, ready to defend me if need be. I don't think however that that will be necessary. I let my calm ooze toward her and fill her body. I wait quietly then for the mare to turn and respond, presuming she heard me.

WC: 493
Tag: @[Sialia]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Nessie
Sialia

For some time I am left to my lonesome self. But alas, not all things last forever. The old echo of footsteps ring in my ears, along with the padding of paws. I however remain in my position, trying to keep my cool loneliness for as long as possible. But it is impossible, as the strange calm that had fallen over me has shattered. I can not retain it. So, I stand quietly as I listen to the approaching creatures. My eyes close, listening to the slow approach. Suddenly it stops, and for some time it is quiet. However, it seems my presence is sensed at last, and a voice echoes softly across the sparkling cavern to catch in my audits. They flick back for a moment, before my delicate face turns to look at the creature owning the masculine voice.

Almost lazily an ear flicks towards him, dark blue eyes studying him in the sparse light. Slowly they lower to the wolf at his feet, then back up to the mans face. Something is mildly familiar about the man, and their is a whispering in the back of my mind that is telling me that we have met once before, but for the life of me I couldn't remember his name. Slowly the rest of my body follows my skull, until I am facing him head on, my head dipping down in greeting to him. "Everything must be broken eventually, so please, don't linger on it." I respond softly, my voice silken, still watching him, trying to place the silver accented man. "I am Sialia... Have we met before?" I couldn't resist, because I knew him from somewhere. But how? And what was this man's name? Surely it would kick start my memories.... It was hard to remember everyone, especially after such a busy winter and spring.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Rostislav]
Words;; 312 words
Notes;; <3

Damaris moves forward in the illuminated cavern, walking around the edge of it slowly to explore. Her focus is away from the mare and instead on the landscape itself. She has no concerns for my safety just now, and would rather not involve herself in small talk between a species other than her own. I don't mind - if I were in her position I'm sure I would do much of the same. It is only her care for me and our mutual appreciation for each other's companionship that she doesn't run off to go do something more interesting just now. And she knows that I appreciate her so much.

She invites me in, and introduces herself as Sialia. Have we met? She asks the question and it rings in my mind as I wonder the same thing. It feels like we have but no memories are concrete in my mind. "Sialia, a pleasure. I am Rostislav. And this is Damaris." She ruffs slightly in greeting, then goes about her business. I step closer to the darkened mare, nares flaring slightly as I try to get more information about her through scent. But there's nothing much except perhaps the scent of the Basin, if I'm reading right. Of course she would be from the Basin, she is a unicorn. Should I be so surprised? A couple white socks and a small blaze down her face, her deep blue eyes regard me as well.

"'Everything must be broken.' How dismal. Tell me Sialia, what could have happened to leave you so jaded?" My voice heavy with accent but I am more perceptive than I sound. She doesn't seem like one that would be that world weary, but I don't know the Basin - maybe it causes strange things to happen within its members. I step closer and stop, looking around us instead of so analytically at her. Eventually of course, my pupil-less gaze wanders back to her, but I remain focused on her expression, wondering how she will answer my question.

WC: 338

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Nessie
Sialia

It doesn't take long for him to respond with his name, and the name of his companion, who ruffs a little in her own greeting at the sound of her name. My dark eyes tip towards the canine, a soft smile on her face as she returns her dark blues to the face of the slightly shorter stud. Rostistlav. My mind sifts, and searches, pulling open filing cabnits, sorting, opening, closing. No, it seems I have lost your file, Rostislav, at least for the moment. Someday I might remember.

My head nods softly to his canine and to him, a respectful greeting. He is closer to me, smelling, trying to place me as well, it seems. My own legs take a few steps closer, taking in the scent he carried... In fact, he smelled quiet a bit like Midas had... Possibly from the same place? Forresty? Actually, The Hidden Falls. Yes, I had been on the borders once, to delever invatations to the Orangemoon Festival that had been put on in honor of the god of Spark.

The conversation sems to have moved on, and my delicate ears catch the gentle but accented words. Yes, what does leave me so jaded? What puts me in this empty place? The ever growing of my young chid, or the exausting buzz of others? Recent events? Maybe it was all getting to me. Maybe I just needed a break. My tail swishes from side to side, as I ponder how to respond to his question. "I suppose I have just had a long day, Rostislav." A quirky smile lifts my lips, and I look up at the cavern once again, before my eyes turn to look at him. "What drives you to these lonely caves, hm?"

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Rostislav]
Words;; 297 words
Notes;; <3

I'm surprised that she doesn't react gruffly as so many Basiners tend to do (from my limited experience). She is polite and respectful, even kind, toward Damaris, which is quite rare even among those I might consider 'friends'. And when she answers my question, she seems to even consider it and instead of responding defensively, she gives a plausible if somewhat dismissive answer. I feel myself relax a little more, inclined to be open to the possibilities of the conversation.

'A long day.' Sure, she's given me any old answer, but who am I to judge? I am sure that I am just as jaded as the next, and I don't think I would be willing to provide a detailed history nor explanation to any old stranger, either. I watch in a moment of silence as she glances up at the cavern ceiling, then back to me. We're closer than I had imagined we would be - physically, that is. Uncomfortably close, perhaps, but at the moment I find being out of my comfort zone to be rather thrilling. Because I'm not trying to fuck this woman as I once might have (when did that change?): no seduction, no foreplay, no conniving. Just... close. It's a tension that makes me want to put that safe distance between us. She is a stranger.

But I don't. Instead, I answer her question. "Escape." The word is almost like a whisper as it passes my velvet lips. I wonder - should I go into more depth? At first I think not - let my answer be as mysterious as our surroundings. But I can't help myself and I let more slip. "Duties, new recruits. Social obligations." There, that should be enough to explain why I seek the solace of nothing. Sialia is not nothing. She is not the escape I had planned for. But I find that despite her not meeting the requirements of my outing, she has not yet breached into something unwelcome.

WC: 328

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Nessie
Sialia

"Escape." It seems we have the same idea Rostislav. Escape from everything, from everyone. It seems however that we are failing quiet miserably at this escaping from everyone part. After all, here we are, standing in a cave that sparkles, talking... to each other. Maybe though, Escape wasn't just about being alone. Maybe escape was about something else. Maybe it was just getting out of the same grueling routine, getting away from the same old creatures... And finding new ones to surround yourself with.

I listen to his next words, my ears perked in interest to what he has to say. Yes, escape from new recruits is something... Wait. Recruiting. Oh I remember! A sly smirk plays on my lips, and I remember where I had met this Rostislav. I had met him while recruiting in the threshold. We had come upon a black arabian mare, who frankly pissed me off... First she was demanding, then groveling and pathetic, then she was just playing a game. I despised those types. I am glad she went home with him, and not me.

"Ooo. I remember you now... I believe that we both where recruiting for our respective herds, and you took home a fairly annoying black mare... You said what I wanted to, actually." A soft chuckle rolled out of my lips, and I take a few steps back from him, my blue eyes rolling over him once more. "Where do you hail from, Rostislav?" I ask, needing to satiate my curiosity, and while I had an idea of where he might be from, one could not be sure.

He was escaping from duties, recruits, and social obligations. I was escaping from no one. I had no life. I just soldiered. And slept... Spar here, spar there. Lose, win, soldier some more. Ah, the life of a soldier was fucking fantastic and exciting as absolutely nothing most of the time. Sorry to disappoint children, but don't enroll in the army. It's not all it's hyped up to be.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Rostislav]
Words;;258
Notes;; <3

I'm glad that I'm not the only one with a faulty memory, and even happier that she has figured out how we know each other before I. I've had serious doubts about whether I would be able to come up with any answers at the rate my mind seems to move sometimes. Of course she would remember the asshole black mare. It seems I come across a lot of asshole mares in the Threshold AND manage to bring them home. I'm surprised I haven't been banned from recruiting duties yet. The one Sialia recalls... is "Serene." I huff: my recollection of the encounter is dim, but the emotion of pure annoyance that comes with it is not. "She may have come back with me, but I do not know what became of her. I am not sure she is even in Helovia anymore." I chuckle dryly, pleased that things worked out that way. I would not have enjoyed running into her at home and at herd meetings.

I blink as I bring myself from my thoughts and answer Sialia's next question. "I am a Legatus of the Falls. I believe I smell Basin on you? If it's not so rude to say so." What do I care about being rude? I'm generally rude whenever I want to be. And yet, our conversation seems to be so pleasant in comparison to so many others that I can't bring myself to be boorish to the dark-hued lass. In the shimmering and shifting light of the cavern I suppose she hasn't seen my latest wound - the scar forming where Elsa left a might gash in my cheek. It compliments the one that slithers over the bridge of my face, crossing elegantly from one side to the other. I glance subtly over her to see if she bears scars as I do, but the light does not shine to my benefit, and I can't tell. So instead I ask. "Does the Basin provide you with any entertainment?" Not quite worded the way I meant, but I presume she may guess what I mean.

WC: 349

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread