the Rift

Trinket Contest [closed]

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

CONTEST OMG.

SO. Ghost is both the bane and joy of my writing life, whilst I love her simplicity atm I've always wanted to add something to her design. She was totally random made by the lovely admin of that era (oldies ;D) in a foal stats die roll and I haven't added a thing to her since. She's just raw genetics. xD I've been trying for ages to come up with something and all the add ons I've made either aren't that appealing or, most of the time, just look too 'girly' for her lol

In the end I've thrown in the towel and now on my knees before you guys with a contest :D A "Trinket Contest" where I'm requesting you to design Ghost a series of items/a single big item/maybe extra markings etc...

Things I'd Like or I've Considered.

- Try to keep it simple! I don't think she'd be the kind to clutter herself with stuff. I imagine most things she has or steals would be hidden somewhere, but not on her person.

- I like monochrome things. Her coat colours consist of black/white/red. So you can always work with that ^^

- I've tried things like crowns or headpieces but they've always looked too feminine on her, but if you can think of something more fitting that's totally fine!

- Rough material, small weapons (daggers/knives/needles etc...) OR

- Minimal armour. Now Ghost is skinny and slight, she likes to be agile and not make too much noise. So armour in general is a hard area for her although I would desire to find some. It wouldn't cover her whole body, be light for her to carry and maybe black/silver in colour. Though you're welcome to try other things.

- A single small marking. Which can be of white or black or blue colour.

*** You can do one thing or a combination of the list above. Up to you ^^ ***

Themes.

- Thieves/Spies. I've looked at countless outfits regarding this area, but you might find something inspirational I suppose xD

- She's partly based off Etain from Centurian.

- French origin. Like all of d'Artagnans family. So I suppose you could look at the Normans or the French Renaissance etc...

- Ghoulish. Though I am writing her away from this persona as she develops.

*** You don't have to use these themes. I personally find it easier to look at something already existing and then build around it, but if you prefer to do something completely original that is fine! ***

Prizes.

-- Chosen winner gets one full manipulation from me of any character.(Art Page)

-- and 1000 dA Points.

-- Everyone who enters will get something be it headshot art/sketches/points or tables, it really depends on how many people enter and how much time I have. But I will give everyone who enters a gift for your hard work and ideas!

Notes.

-- Make sure if you use lineart that it can be used off dA! :D

-- Feel free to make your own lineart if you prefer.

-- I'm not judging your drawing ability (lol have you seen my drawing skills?! XD), I just want the concepts/ideas. Your brains I just want your brains okaaay >___>

Deadline for Contest.

4th April 2015 @ 12 noon BST (British Summer Time).
1 month starting now! :D
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
WOOOOOOO

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Odd the doer of things Posts: 115
Administrator atk: 23 | def: 42 | dam: 108
Mare :: Other :: 5"2 :: 27 HP: 108 | Buff: badass
Odd
-reminds self to do this-

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
-starts sketching-

Edit: (omg this was fun, I'm going to have to make more things! :D )

I went for armor! I'm picturing it as a light but durable thing made from black or very dark brown embossed leather, reinforced and/or decorated with emboss or steel. Since it looks quite different depending on how you combine embossing and steel I made several versions to give a feel for what it might look like.

I left a gap by the shoulder for where her wings would be, and the face guard also has room for the horn. The thing is held together with leather straps and metal buckles, so I'd suggest making it custom... otherwise you'd have a heck of a time getting it on and off!

Since Ghost has a wolf companion I chose to add paw prints to the decor, but that's of course optional; I have the .psd saved so if you want anything changed like color or symbols etc it's an easy fix!

Leather with steel decorations

Steel reinforcement, embossing and steel paw prints.

Leather embossing with steel paws

Fully reinfoced with complete decor in steel

Only leather, all decor is embossed

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Nyte Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Some markings ideas for you. ^^

I'm going to get some more going and I have some ideas for little trinkets for her, as well!

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
eee awesome stuff so far! Thanks guys <33
Don't forget the deadline is a week on Saturday!!! -wiggles-
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

Lots of doodles. It was more fun to doodle, so lets doodle! I can definitely make clean sketches of these if you want to! ^^

Uhm, yeah. So, I zoned in on the whole 'spy' business and figured that items should look harmless but have potentially deadly uses. So there's;

- a dagger in a chain that's hanging from a tail in the braid. Looks neat, and can be used as a whip to make nasty injuries on people's butts.
- a horn cusp/decoration with a little gem in color of choice. Also looks pretty, but can be poisoned with this and that for extra effect should one end up in a fight. Everything goes in order to win, right?
- a silver bracelet with vicious barbs sticking out on the back of the leg, pick and choose whether you want them front or back - or go bling bling and give her one on all four? ;D
- A ghoulish hood with rusted chains, for that mysterious flair (lol) Add custom magic to make her invisible/unrecognizable while wearing it!
- a blade made to fit on the wing, for those times when fighting becomes inevitable! Retractable blade or not, poisoned or not, no one would be very eager to bite down on those feathers!

Pick one, pick all, either way I think it'd look fabulous on Ghost. So never mind the crappy doodles and focus on the possibilities! ;D

/end commercial

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
In logical order::

1) Stelts! Because those are OP. for Pegasi. If you lose your balance, you just flap your wings and you're standing tall again! Also very awesome in battle, because you can just kick/poke everyone without being poked back! because you're so high! AWESOME. Also swamp-walking will be mud-free from now on! And when you go swimming you don't get wet! The longer you've had them, the better you get at it, so Helovia: Watch out! (If you think about this logically it is still totally advantageous in battle. / and having fun)

2) The horn umbrella! If you don't puncture it with your horn, you won't get wet when it rains! Super fun to have! Fun to have :D

3) Trinkets! A watch/old-fancy steam-punk clockwork that does or doesn't work, hidden in the wing-arm pits of the char! When another character asks what time it is, you simply rise up your wing-arm, reveal your sweaty pits - and tell them to look for themselves! :DD YES!

Also a headband, put around your leg because around your head is too mainstream and pretty to be covered up.

4) Wow! Serious armor! Black like obsidian, because I bet that looks epic when it shines on a mat black horse. Also little detailing. Nothing on head because thats too fancy. And you haz horn. nothing touches there.

5) Last but not least; wooden cart to carry around your long lost teddybear! And other stuff! Because stuff! :DDDD -hoarder-

*I have a slightly bigger version available :D
I personally really love useless junk, so I hope you do to. <3333333
THANKS IMI I HAD FUN.
Please tag me 

Talion Posts: 12
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16,3 :: 4 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Unknown :: Wolverine :: None Tailormade
I second wing blades! Now, I can't draw and definitely not without my tablet so I'm just going to outline some ideas.

1 || I see Ghost as this rogue/assassin type so armor wise I would totally see Ghost fitting some of these armor styles, just adapted to horses: clicky clicky clicky clicky clicky

2 || Some kind of weapon like a sai (inspired by Electra) or a two-bladed weapon like the weapon called Caranthir. The smaller weapon could be sheathed in leather sheaths that's attached to the upper part of her leg and matches her armor. I figure dual-wield weapons would be a waste since she would have to wield it with her mouth. Throwing knives laced with flossweed poison, poison extracted from the vines the Falls is getting, or lace it with a psychedelic drug?

3 || TRINKEEETS. I'm thinking the Elessar birdcontainer around her neck with room for an amulet in the middle, or attached around her horn. A hair wrap in her mane would totally look chic and fit Ghost's 'bohemian' side. Or if you would like to feminize her a little with some feminine jewelry, perhaps something like this?

4 || Companion stuffs! Companion armor, "jewelry" and perhaps weapons? Something like a talon curved blade which you attach to Fantome's "thumb area" for maximum claw damage!

5 || Marking at the bottom on one of her legs similar to what this women has on her arm?

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Bah I'm so late announcing this, please accept my rambling apologies D:
But thank you all for participating!!! I actually couldn't chose one winner so there's two >__> WITHOUT FURTHER ADO

*drum roll*
Congrats Chan & Yew!!!
From chan, I really liked the all leather armour idea, although the steel decor was really nice ;~; but I liked the sort of rougher look of the all leather ^^ and the wing blades! x.x I never thought of wing blades.
Annd Yew I really want the stilts man and the 'brolly :S Like for me xDD BUT for Ghost, that leg band and under wing clock :O -steals it and runs away- I was having trouble picking between yours and chans armour ideas too so I ended up sticking them on a Ghost reference and staring at them for a few days. You should keep that sketch, its a neat idea! ^^

So 'grats @[Cathun] & @[Maren]! You win a piece of art and 1000 dA points each ^^
Feel free to note me on dA or PM on here for details!

@[Bellona]/@[Talion] thanks for entering!! :D I really enjoyed reading and looking through your ideas ^^ Feel free to choose between headshot art / 500 dA points / set of tables :3

Thanks for participating!!!
<3

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Talion Posts: 12
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16,3 :: 4 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Unknown :: Wolverine :: None Tailormade
I would very much like a headshot of @[Lilith], please! :D