the Rift

a soul to take

Själ Posts: 112
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 hh :: 4 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ansgar :: Plain Griffin :: Draining Clutch ChaoticMelodies
Själ
”That does not matter,” Snö replied cooly. Själ wondered briefly if she had had to practice her indifference or if it had come naturally to her. ”I don’t have to look like my mother to know that I am her daughter.”

”The DarkEmpress is my mother,” the filly retorted. ”… too.” It was an afterthought, but it was there: an apology of sorts, a peace offering. Of course, it could just as easily have been a deliberate snub. If the girl had been asked, she wouldn’t have been able to tell you precisely what she had meant. Perhaps she had wanted both – to make peace with the sister that her mother had told her to seek out and to prove to the mare that was so distant to her that she didn’t need help. If Snö didn’t want to be near her, then fine - Själ would be perfectly wonderful on her own.

But she was lonely, and this was her sister – and even if she didn’t know exactly how she felt about that yet, it was some kind of concrete tie to the mare. Why was Snö so eager to send her on her way? Did she hate her for stealing their mother away? Or was she just selfish, wanting to take Mother’s legacy for herself? The young filly had given up on her own selfish feelings (that Mother was hers, and only hers) within moments of realizing that she had not choice in the matter of sharing with Snö; why would the older mare, more experienced in the world, more seasoned with emotions, not be able to do the same?

”Mother is here,” she answered finally. And you’re here, and Mother told me to find you if I couldn’t find her.” She hated the hint of hesitation in her voice, as though waiting for another rebuttal, a refusal, a brutal rejection. But it was there, almost as though to remind the older mare that Själ was only a girl, not even a yearling yet. She was not yet as good at masking her emotions as the older girl. Paired with the confusion in her distinctive amber eyes, she suddenly looked her age despite the way her neck arched in a miniscule, unconscious mimicry of her sister.

"Talk."
Själ

Pixel by Reli <3

Please tag Själ in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Själ?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
a soul to take - by Själ - 03-05-2015, 04:06 PM
RE: a soul to take - by Snö - 03-05-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: a soul to take - by Själ - 03-05-2015, 05:06 PM
RE: a soul to take - by Snö - 03-05-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: a soul to take - by Själ - 03-05-2015, 05:39 PM
RE: a soul to take - by Snö - 03-06-2015, 12:23 PM
RE: a soul to take - by Själ - 03-06-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: a soul to take - by Snö - 03-06-2015, 11:19 PM
RE: a soul to take - by Själ - 03-08-2015, 08:34 PM
RE: a soul to take - by Snö - 03-09-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: a soul to take - by Själ - 03-09-2015, 09:33 PM