the Rift

Bird Food.

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
Auriel
The screaming seemed to do nothing, the wind died down one notch but as quickly as that happened it resumed to its usual wailing wind. Even the bird decided to call back and I narrow my eyes. Why was this egg being protected by a raven? Of all the things, that seemed to be the least logical. At least the little fur thing last time could carry it around. Glancing sideways through the gales I notice another colt arrive, and he is able to cautiously move it across the ground towards him for a moment. I silently cheer him on, at least someone can get it away from the thing. Though, that to is short-lived because the raven notices and flocks down towards the egg, stopping it in its path.

The wind has died suddenly also, and I notice another unicorn nearby, followed by another filly. He's older than all of us that had joined, because the girl didn't look too old either. His screechy voice pulls my attention away from them back to him. Another quest is given, to find a treasure. What possible could be in this forest that a bird would want? Especially one of his... talents. The only thing that seemed to be around were towering pines and decaying underbrush. That wasn't exactly "special".

Not waiting another moment, I bounce forward and away from the group. If there is one advantage I have, it's my wings. Taking to the air, I fly around shakily. I haven't quite gotten use to graceful flight, so when I spot the red stones I'm eager to land. However, it's not that easy to get to, because a whole pool of water covers them. I groan with great displeasure before diving in. My little head bounces under, grabs the stone awkwardly, and then flings it towards shore. It lands with a plop on the edge, and I'm glad. I don't like being under the water. Soaked, but somewhat victorious I grab the stone and trek back towards the bird and the other competitors.

When I arrive, I take the stone and set it down nearby the bird. As much as I want to hate him, I can't. Technically he's the only one here I have any sort of kinship with. I'm the only other one with feathers and a means to fly. Among the unicorns, I was a black sheep. So I reach back and grab a pale tan feather, and pluck it. I cringe a little bit, and it feels odd having even a small part of my wing removed. I lay it down underneath the stone so it doesn't fly away. As far as I know, this bird was about ready to blow us sky high again.

[Auriel brings him the red stone from the pond in the center of the forest, and gives him a feather from her wing.]
[Hellhound, Acid (Wishlist) || One Refusal]

she belongs to the fire
Image Credit
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
Bird Food. - by Random Event - 03-05-2015, 11:20 PM
RE: Bird Food. - by Auriel - 03-06-2015, 02:33 PM
RE: Bird Food. - by Erebos - 03-07-2015, 07:18 AM
RE: Bird Food. - by Kipling - 03-07-2015, 12:25 PM
RE: Bird Food. - by Arya - 03-07-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: Bird Food. - by Random Event - 03-14-2015, 07:12 AM
RE: Bird Food. - by Auriel - 03-14-2015, 09:13 AM
RE: Bird Food. - by Erebos - 03-14-2015, 05:35 PM
RE: Bird Food. - by Kipling - 03-17-2015, 11:23 AM
RE: Bird Food. - by Random Event - 03-24-2015, 08:24 AM
RE: Bird Food. - by Random Event - 03-28-2015, 08:02 PM