[OPEN] There is no fire hot enough

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

I didn't give up the light;
I closed my eyes and closed myself

The sun had yet to rise, and she glared at the moon as if the force of her stare could rid it from the sky. She walked south, toward the Dragon's Throat where she had promised to meet the golden girl, promised to give this place another chance. This was the house of her father, after all, and she had failed him. She had failed Hototo. She had failed the only other one of her kind to care about her existence at all. Though only a child, she had taken the task her father had given her very seriously. Each death had brought a wave of nausea as she stared over corpses that meant things to everyone else but her.

Never before had her youth felt so limiting, but now she was a slave. Fury ebbed and flowed in her heart like an ocean on fire, silver eyes glinting with unbridled rage. Aithniel had wanted nothing more than to take down the purple bitch, but she had just walked away. Turned her back and walked away like the arrogant coward she was... And what good would it have done to stand in her way? The goddess would have stepped over her like a moose steps over an anthill - without a second thought.

"AAARRHHHHHHHGGGGGG!" she screamed in frustration, staring at the vast expanse of sand surrounding her. The scrawny ribs at her sides heaved, gasping for air as she released her rage in a yell. Angrily, she kicked a rock, fire sparking from her hooves and blooming in front of her, a physical manifestation of her rage. She narrowed her gaze on the plume, willing it to grow.

Her heart hammered in her chest, all other noises falling away as she watched the fire grow, roaring and crackling in the air. She pressed harder, sweat from travel and exertion dripping down her brow. A grin tugged at the corner of her lips, and she looked upward, sending the conflagration straight into the sky like the very fires that summoned her father. On a heavy exhale, the fire burned out as she released it from her grasp. Maybe she wasn't big enough now, not strong enough, but she could practice and train. One day, she would persecute the injustice in the world.

One day, she would judge the sins of the failures around her, condemn them for their crimes. But now, she would learn in the sandy halls of her father. She would hone her skills. And she would fulfill her promise.

The moon goddess would know the meaning of fire as she never had before. Aithniel would tilt the scales of her precious balance and make her burn.

[[So, batshit girl is joining :) ]]
@[Tandavi] <--- she gave the invite. BLAME THIS ONE.

Art by Aimless-Claims @ DA

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks

tandavi & natraj</style>
</style>

It is the scream which draws the girl, rouses her from her reprieve and turns her head to the North, toward where the land bridge still rests, a final vein which pumps in the blood of new life from the outside world. What will it be like when they're an island, isolated and empty, sterile and clean? Will she get out less than she already does, bound as she is to the earth and sand? Or will she escape more, run free and delight in the wild wind and the sensation of flying from her home, on wings of the sun borrowed brightly and brief?

She feels her frustration voiced in the young, angry scream, her excitement and anger and ire with change. Fire Dancer instinctively follows the sound, standstill shifting to a lengthy stride, strides increasing in velocity until she's picked up a canter, a gallop, sand flying in the wake of her hooves, dark shadow darting along behind her.

Both sister and brother skid to a stop when the pillar of fire pierces into the sky, eyes growing wide and nostrils flaring- Whoa. The magic lingers when the fire fades, familiar, burning, ashen...

"Aithniel!" the girl's dark voice cries out, happiness and affection bright in her tones, surprise, wonder, delight, and a brief and blissful relief from the trials and terrors which have plagued her thoughts and weighed her heart. The firebird is taller, stronger, more filled out than when Tandavi saw her last, and a smile spreads across black lips as the sunbeam looks fondly upon her homeland's guest.

So the Moon is a killer and Gaucho her pawn. So Aithniel is the Sun's daughter (and there's something else, something dark, something gnawing at the back of her mind, begging to be remembered...). So Hototo is dead, and she failed him, despite her pledge of protection, despite her swearing to... to...

Happiness falters, fades, grows subdued. The girl is still glad to see the ashen child, but that happiness is tempered with the overwhelming darkness which surrounds their steps, fills their lungs and taints their blood. Fire Dancer's shadow leaps closer to the child, closing space and brushing affectionately against her hooves; Tandavi follows with a careful stride, mindful of how jumpy the firebird had been, remembering last time when... when...

Ampere. Oh, no.

@[Aithniel]

image | code

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Aithniel

A voice called out her name, echoing in the lingering tension of her power. Silver eyes, piercing and cold, snapped to the one to speak, and she felt her heart soften marginally. Tandavi. Her kindness had been a warmth in the cold, and Aithniel wanted to give her the reward of her heart in return. No matter how hard she tried, she could not give up any more pieces to be abandoned again. Instead, she smiled, giving him the fire with a spark and approaching. Long legs and a lanky stride were all she had, having traveled so far for such a young child in the span of a short time.

Her first birthday had come and passed uncelebrated. Even she was unsure of when she had fully came to be in this world. Her earliest memories were of foul tasting meat and the eyes of the one standing in front of her now, and Aithniel stopped just in front of the golden stranger and her interesting, fluffy friend. She greeting Natraj with a little bow of her head, copying the mannerisms she had seen the adults do with each other. Her mane, just starting to fold over one side of her neck, flopped.

"Tandavi!" she said in return, her voice calm but happy. "I... well... I am taking you up on your offer, and I want to live here. Well - I want to try at least," the girl said, taking a deep breath and looking across the desert so full of memories and heartache. Still, this was her father's land. "I want to learn more about my father so that I may serve him justly." A flash of danger sparked across her molten eyes, a promise of wrath and anger.

"So, will you let me be a part of your herd?" Aithniel waited with bated breath, heart thumping hard in her chest. She wanted nothing more than to belong again, somewhere close to the only family she had left.

@[Aithniel]

I'll go down burning in your embrace

Tabini with many thanks to the amazing Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
With fire to keep us warm, and tools we made from rocks and bones

Had Gaucho known who Aithniel was, or more precisely who her father was, he likely would have come much sooner, with more zeal and reverence. As it was however, the Wildfire had only seen the Sun child once before - on the Island. Those few hours had been a tumultuous time for everyone involved, and the details had started to blend together in Gaucho's mind. He couldn't be sure if that was simply a result of the stress, or if his previous amnesia had only compounded whatever lingering effects the Goddess' infiltration had left.

Descending in a flurry of black and flame the Wildfire gently landed upon the sands next to his Sultana. The dun couldn't say whether or not Tandavi was doing a particularly good job of being lead, but things certainly hadn't gotten any worse. That was something. At least she didn't get on his nerves the way Bucephalus did. He would take Tavi's bitchy rants over Bucephalus' jokes any day.

Then again maybe he was just grumpy.

Gaucho's blue gaze fell upon the fire child, though not connecting the pieces as to who exactly she was. All he knew was that the girl had challenged the Moon Goddess before many witnesses, vowing to bring her to justice. Her youthful body while likely full of energy and zealous passion, was untrained and soft in the ways of war. Her words had seemingly no impact on the Goddess, but perhaps one day they might. For now, Gaucho was impressed by her fire (though if only he knew how true that was).

"You are welcome in Throat." The Sultan offered, nodding his crowned skull that bore the markings of her Father. Vorsa, the small phoenix chick, flitted to Aithniel, hooting a youthful hello.

Although all pegasi were welcome in the Throat, and certainly he trusted Tandavi's judgement for having brought the child here, Gaucho couldn't help but wonder why the ashen yearling would want to dwell in the sands. Did she have ties here? Apparently she didn't harbour any resentment against him for his part in the murderers of the Moon Goddess, unlike Archibald.

"Why you want to live in Throat?" He asked, folding his flame wings against his flanks.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Aithniel

Aithniel was startled to see the gigantic, muscular murderer descend, heavy hooves hitting the sand. Her silver eyes widened, feeling tendrils of fear coil in her gut. She was not disappointed by the fear she harbored in her heart, for that fear would keep her safe and help her make wiser decisions. But as she stared at him and those tough, blue eyes, she knew that she wasn't looking in the eyes of a killer; she had gleaned that much when he was prone before the gods, accepting judgment. He was honorable to bring himself before the courts, and her soul surged with desire to condemn and judge the righteous and sinners of the world.

The filly felt wanted when she was accepted by Gaucho, and she nodded, taking up her new herd with honor. "Thank you," she said firmly, nodding her head once. Scrawny, malnourished bones expanded with her breath as she listened to his next question, perking up slightly at the chance to explain. So few desired to know her opinions.

"I want to better serve my father, the God of the Sun," she said clearly. "I... well... he tasked us to find the killer, but Hototo died anyway." The filly frowned. Hototo was the only one nice to me. But, the Moon God was wrong, and I want to make it right. Here, I can learn about my power and whatever plans my father has for me." Maybe, she could even discover the agonizing mystery of her past? Aithniel shrugged her wings slightly, wagging her lion's tail around her hocks.

The filly smiled at the fire bird, clicking her hooves together and summoning a small plume of flame, waving the little orb in circles around the bird. Controlling the smaller sized flame was much, much easier.

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Ascended Helovian

And there it was.

Those magic words that would forever bind Gaucho's loyalty to the small girl, finally said. Gaucho had known Israfael and he had been there when her spirit had erupted into flame, called back into the Sun's fold forever. Then, he had felt as though he had failed the God for some reason, even though the golden child's death was not on his hooves. It grieved him to know that the Sun had lost his first child. Now, looking at the second flame Gaucho realized that he had never offered the God his condolences. Hadn't even considered that he might have had another. Luckily for the trio, Aithniel's mother was unknown to them all. Gaucho probably wouldn't have been able to handle knowing that Ampere had birthed the child much less abandoned her. If there was any stake that could further drive the Wildfire and the Blue apart, surely it would be that.

As the girl spoke, Gaucho's heavily brindled knee bent allowing his well-muscled body to kneel deeply before her tiny frame. His antlered skull tilted downwards as his dark lips nearly touched the bloody sands upon which they stood.

"Gaucho not know you are Sun God's daughter ... " Did the girl know of him? Know of his devotion to her maker, and his fealty to the Dragon's Throat herd? Did it even matter? He was forever a servant of the Sun, and by extension a servant of hers as well. If learning about her magic was what she desired then Gaucho would aid her in whatever way was possible. Rising, the dun regarded her with a curious respect, one that she had simply inherited from her lineage.

"Gaucho Sultan of Dragon's Throat ... Gaucho always loyal to Sun God." He began, unsure of how to articulate his sudden feelings of dedication and protection. "So Gaucho loyal to Sun child too. Anything sun child need, Gaucho do."

Carte blanche. And he meant it.

Vorsa trilled with delight at the ball of light Aithniel created. Her body exploded unconsciously into fire as excitement wavered whatever tentative control she had over her abilities. Her red wings tried to create a breeze for magical ball, unsure of whether or not she could move it or not. Darting upwards she hooted again appreciatively towards the demi-child, unimpressed by her lineage but delighted by her powers.

Having not heard Tandavi address the child, and feeling that 'sun child' was likely not an appropriate name for the girl, given her metaphysical rank, the dun drew his gaze away from the phoenix. "Sun child have name?"

Image Credits

Aithniel

Rarely were secrets so healthy, but in this case, not knowing served a better end. The words unspoken kept a relationship whole. Still, the ache gnawed at her soul, but not as much as it could were she to know the truth. Now, she could daydream about her mother dying valiantly, having to leave in order to protect herself and the ones she loved. While she knew that was a foolish belief, it was still a comfort at times. The stallion was barely known to her at all, as she had avoided Zikar's lessons ever since he had wanted to take her wings. Only Erebos had saved her then, and she would always remember him fondly for his actions.

His words were a drink of cool water in the desert, and she stared at the masculine creature, dumbfounded. Her wide, youthful silver eyes watched in confusion, trying to hide the suspicion and pain that had plagued her young life from her inception. Why would someone so powerful and strong give her whatever she wanted? Because of her lineage? The Sun God was important to him, but she wanted to forge her own path. Still, her soul cried out for the positive attention and hungrily drank from his words of praise. Could she have both blind affections and still be independent?

The orb of fire she had created bounced around, teasing and playing with the beautiful fire bird, and she smiled absently, lost in her thoughts for only a moment. Then, a girlish, smirking smile crossed her lips, the little orb of fire slowly fading out as her focus wavered back to Gaucho. "My name is Aithniel," she replied clearly, confidence a rare gem on her uncertain personality. "And if you are willing to do anything for me, then let me return the favor. I want to learn and protect the land of my father. I want to bring justice. I want to enforce."

Aithniel smiled. "So let me do these things for you." She couldn't just take a gift without it being even. Everything hung in a balance, and balanced was how the world should be.

@[Gaucho]

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Ascended Helovian

Aithniel was certainly easier for the primitive brute to say than Israfael, so already the Wildfire favoured the Sun's second flame. The ashen girl also held a sort of hidden beauty that drew the Sultan's gaze to her. She was not flashy and obviously spat from the flame of the sun. She was a sort of tenuous beauty, one that held an intrigue and mystery.

Gaucho's dark ears flickered at the sound of her words, noting their odd maturity and her demand for justice. The word rang in his mind like a silver bell, and somewhere deep inside Gaucho had already begun to associate the second-flame with the silvery idea of justice.

"How want to help?" He asked, antlered skull tilted slightly. The dun wondered what her answer would be. He doubted she would strive towards the religious path ... surely she already had a direct line to the Gods because of her lineage. She did not need the Seers magic for that. Would she craft? Create and wield weaponry ? Would she be a spy and sneak invisibly through the world, gathering and harboring secrets? Or, would she take the more direct route and be a warrior in his ranks? Training and mastering her skills?

"Gaucho happy to have you in my ranks." He offered, trying vainly to conceal his attempts to harbour the fiery child under his own wing and watchful gaze. The idea of training her - sparring and feeling her slate hooves striking against his side sent an internal thrill through his massive form. The girl seemed ... almost scrappy. Her fighting style he assumed, would almost be desperate in her attempts to prove victorious. Of course he hadn't seen her fight, but given her bold statement to the Moon Goddess and her assertions here, he was quite sure she wouldn't ever shy away.

(ERRRR. I had no idea what age she was in this thread. If she's under 2 here we can leave it open, and she can pick a rank later ambiguously )

Image Credits