Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

megaera</style>
temper our souls with flame and furnace
bear us toward a noble purpose
</style>

Night watch…. Megaera almost sighed at the thought. She was more than happy to fulfil any duties that might be placed on her in the guarding of her home, but she always preferred the day shifts. When Meg set out to scout beyond the ocean borders of the Throat, she liked to have the sun at her back (a guard and a guide for the young warrior) but that could not always be the case. Whatever her preferences, she was a faithful soldier, and would perform her duties to the best of her ability no matter the circumstance.

Diligent in her task, the bay mare flew steadily northward. Her flight was slow and steady, weaving back and forth across the landscape as she kept a sharp eye on the ground for anything out of the ordinary. From his perch on her withers, Gwaihir attempted a mighty screech but came up short with a high-pitched, adolescent trill. The mare chuckled, feeling the eaglet’s childlike disappointment, but sent an encouraging thought to him to keep his spirits up. At just over a month old, he was still only half way through his shift from the fluffy white downy feathers to the dark brown that would mark his sub-adult phase, and looked thoroughly ridiculous. When they flew together, the mare could sense his excitement, the temptation for him to spread his own wings and soar at her side rather than on her back, but always tried to make it perfectly clear that he was to remain fully seated until his wings were fully feathered.

As the night neared its midpoint, the pair was flying high over the vast expanse of the meadow. A splash below had Megaera searching the darkness for the source, and she spotted it after a moment. The pale figure seemed to gleam in the darkness as it splashed out of the water and into the grass. The soldier aimed her course for the shape, nearing to find that a closer inspection made the stranger somewhat familiar. She had seen the girl in and around the oasis in recent weeks, but had yet to catch her name. “Hail!” she called out in a friendly tone. She wasn’t always the best with strangers, but was always eager to get to know members of her herd. Soon enough Meg’s hooves were skimming the lush grasses and she touched down, falling into a jaunty trot to approach the pale girl.

“Good evening, you’re of the Throat aren’t you?” She halted near the girl, sending a smile and a nod through the night. “I am Megaera, a warrior of the Throat, and this is my good friend, Gwaihir.” She turned her body slightly, so the young bird could peer curiously from behind her wing. He gave a disapproving squawk as his golden eyed examined the stranger, and Meg only gave a hearty chuckle. “You’ll have to excuse him, he doesn’t seem to like anyone at first. I believe I’ve seen you around the Oasis, but you’re rather new to our home, I think. Given any thought to joining the warriors?” It was half a joke, as it was clear the pale one had only just left foalhood behind her. Always spoiling for a brawl, through, Meg was quick to size her up. A bit spindly in the leg, maybe, but the falling ash spoke of a deeper fire. The bay knew well that size wasn’t the only mark of a fighter, and was always keen to swell the ranks of the Dragon Army.

”Talk talk talk”
Notes: Intro Feel free to kick it off, Meg’ll be happy to respond (Though I would request a bit of a window to stash Gwaihir in a safe spot since he’s still a wee lad)

Image Credits
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
I am a stone [open!] - by Aithniel - 03-06-2015, 01:41 AM
RE: I am a stone [open!] - by Megaera - 03-06-2015, 09:48 PM
RE: I am a stone [open!] - by Aithniel - 03-25-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: I am a stone [open!] - by Megaera - 03-30-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: I am a stone [open!] - by Aithniel - 04-18-2015, 03:40 PM
RE: I am a stone [open!] - by Blu - 05-11-2015, 12:16 AM