Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
1d17 rolled for a total of: 10 (10)

Helovian Ancient
GOLDEN

The egg was fast growing too hot beneath the fire of the white dragon, but luckily another mare arrived with her cloak, pulling the egg toward the steady, licking flame barricade which had formed between them and the rest of the group. Her cloak was warming the egg nicely, a comforting heat compared to the frosty cold of isolation and abandonment.

Two, busy making a nest an the other pulling one from her hair, missed a spreading fire with suddenly billowed between them, Abraham, Eurybe and the egg, leaving only two remaining with the swiftly hatching orb. The white, pale orb began to glitter with color, gold dust spreading over the surface. Bright, golden veins stood out, nearly pulsing with life as this egg was given a second chance to survive.

Now, the egg needed to choose which of the two, best caretakers could give their heart to the egg. Dragons, though bickering, warring and feral beasts, speak to each other in song and dance, subtle facial signs indicating their love and ire. You must sing and dance for this egg - show that your heart is open to joining with another - especially one so promised and special as this little egg is turning out to be.

Helovia is having it's first ever golden dragon drop!

:: http://images.helovia.net/index.php/view/5510c1a72a95f (random list)
:: Rolls above! (I kept having to reroll since Eurybe was all the other ones!)
:: Those who move on are
- @[Eurybe]
- @[Abraham]

Explanation for random list:
- Eurybe got 3 extra names for winning the challenge with the smartest solution
- Abraham got 2 extra names for answering the challenge, but did not do so slowly as indicated in the challenge
- Tavi and Cerin tied at 1 extra name because they did not offer a solution to directly warm the egg

The next round will be an equal 50/50 split with the best "task" winner getting one additional roll

72 hour reply time!

Abraham Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3 hh :: Three years HP: 71 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time
running all the lights with the girl of his dreams

Gwyneverre shifted as the egg was moved, and a disgruntled growl ebbed at the back of her throat. She did not snarl out, however, knowing the infant inside the egg would be well equipped to catch such a thing. She remembered being in her own egg, waiting a thousand years at the bottom of the sea for the right bondmate. Abraham was the right bondmate and he deserved this gold just as much as he had deserved her. Spreading her wings and flapping down gently, Gwyn glided away from the egg just as another pillar of fire separated the group. Abraham jumped to the side, suddenly, coming side-to-side with the mare with the cloak that gently cradled the egg. Turning his mismatched eyes to the egg with infant dragon inside, Abraham spoke quietly. "It is just between us now..."

As his words fizzled into the frozen tundra around them, the egg began to glow and shimmer. Brilliant golds and capturing hues of orange caught Abraham's attention. His eyes widened in wonder and his jaw threatened to hang open at the hinge. The wind tickled his hair, and he suddenly felt the warmth of the flames that stood between these victors and the others that had started the journey with them. The white dragon's pupils widened, nearly engulfing the fiery tinge of her iris, and her body shook. Her entirety vibrated, scales and spikes making a near-silent, low rattling sound. A purr, alluring and musty, from her belly grew and poured from her ajar maw.

Her fiery eyes glistened and she jumped from Abraham's forehead. The white spread her wings and glided towards the green, a light singsong-growl playing from her throat....

This dragon was different than the jade green reptile she had met before--the scent was more alluring and she could not help but trill fondly into the florescent of the cave....her pupils dilated fully as she raced towards the scent...this was unlike when they had met Suli or Cynder. Gwyn needed to be near this dragon, to touch it, to take in its scent...with outstretched, growing wings, Gwyneverre made her descent towards the silver. His scales, even in the darkness of the cave, glittered royally and Gwyn cooed softly. It was like a purr, deep and rumbling from the very depths of her chest....

The draconian bitch lowered from her flight to circle around Tinek, her eyes bright and her voice singing out in gentle song towards the royal...Tinek spied the white dragon, smiling with scaled lips and tucking his wings to his body for a showing roll. He snapped out of the spiral by bursting his silver wings open and gliding carefully to a halt, chirping in response to her pretty song.

The pair's memories flooded their minds in tandem, and Gwyneverre lifted herself into a sweeping glide once more. She moved slowly, letting the wings carry her in low, wide circles around the egg. Dance, Abraham, dance... the white enticed, tail swaying back and forth behind her gliding form. The young stallion's brows pulled together, and he shifted his weight. One of his hooves left the solid earth for a moment, and he looked to the desert princess. How the hell was he supposed to dance? It was not something his parents had taught him. All he knew was battle...war...strategy...the bending of your body. Gwyneverre interrupted his sputtering thoughts with a gently prod, and the boy knew what to do.

"It’s time you’ve learned how to properly use your bodies, how to wield the horn upon your brows so you might live in this place." The Shadowmere, Circe, danced in the young stallion's mind's eye. Her blue-grey body was elegant and muscled well, her long legs and lion's tail curling in delicate but powerful ways that inspired Abraham. The boy choked some, lowering his head to open his back and round out his body. A deep, shaky sigh left his lips. "When a warrior moves, it is with effortless grace. A warrior rooted to the ground is quickly defeated; a soldier who is always flowing with the tide of battle remains alive and victorious. You will grow up to be large, like your father, I’m guessing. You have seen the power with which he moves—yet he dances in battle, ever adapting with his enemy, anticipating the attack without exerting so much of his precious energy." Abraham closed his eyes, and Gwyneverre continued to glide around him and the egg, her body vibrating and humming and purring.

The young stallion took a step forward, then to the left. Even with his eyes closed he was mindful of the fire the spewed around him, closing him in. His field was small, and he used the heat as his guide. He moved to the left again, a pace, neck and barrel curving slightly. His feathered hooves moved over each other with practiced ease, mimicking the very first movements of battle his mother had taught him. He could still see her, in his mind, as she danced the deadly dance before him and his wombmate. Another step forward and the monochrome beast changed direction, sidestepping to the right. He seemed to be floating above the earth, his body moving with all the grace of his heavensent mother, but still with the unbridled power of his Dauntless father. Another shaky breath left the growing boy's lips, and he pictured his parents together.

Suddenly, Abraham was an explosion of movement. His heels kicked high and his back arched. His feathers and mane danced wildly in the chilled air, his amulets bouncing against his robust neck. Gwyneverre trilled loudly and proudly, tucking in her wings and rolling in the air. She surged upward, wings unfurling as she tilted her head skyward and let loose the plume of smoke from her jaws that gave way to a single, small burst of flame from her belly. The white then free fell, turning her body only to land on Abraham's back without her claws slicing into his skin.

Shaky, rumbling, rapid images danced through their bond. Of Circe, of Reginald, of Abraham, of blood and death and mire. Tears, white hot and uncontrolled by the young stallion, poured down his face. Gwyneverre trembled, gliding from Abraham's withers to land before the egg. Abraham calmed his body, his muscles well controlled by his mind. Turning back from where he came, Abraham repeated his dance.

From his back a great weight lifted, and the boy opened his eyes. His vision was blurred with his tears, but he knew what transpired.

He let go of his mother's death. His heart was ready for love once more.

abraham
art by neo || coding by neo

Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

pixel by tamme

Eurybe Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Eurybe watched the egg and a grin passed over her lips as she watched the egg slowly beginning to hatch. Yes, the child would live. That was all that mattered in the end. The queen would hatch and rule over her scaly kind. Yet, the she-wolf couldn't help but feel attached to the small egg. It had been too long since she had been able to find passion for anything other than survival. Silently she glanced at the other that stood in ringof fire next to her. Silently she watched his dance, curious what drove him. One dragon stood tall and strong next to him, surely he'd make a delightful surrogate parent. She couldn't let go though. Europe wanted to coddle the child that would hatch and cradle it. Let it know that it wouldn't be alone again. All her life she had watched the hulking beasts that flew through the sky and blew their plumes of flame. 

If the child chose the man she still wished to offer it a single thing. She stepped closer toward the next and began to sway slightly as notes came to her mind. A soft alto voice escaped from her lips as she began a lullaby, one her father used to sing to soothe her night terrors.  But as she sang she found the song to be more her own than the one from her childhood. 

"Hush sweet child, no more need to cry.
For the darkness is over, the sun shall rise. 
We aren't alone anymore, you and I.
I can already see brighter skies."

She continued, dancing slow and steady. Swaying back and forth elegantly. Hooves having her form a small circle. It was meant to be gentle and welcoming.Her eyes had closed and she lowered her face toward the egg. She thought of her father and his distant gaze as she causes trouble in the courtyard. She had upset the guards but he still pulled her close and whispered he loved her. You can tear the sun from the sky and I'd still loved you. A gentle smile passed over her lips as she peeked her eyes open. 

"Already I wish to join our hearts. 
And remain together and not a part.
Together we can make a new start."

Tears swelled into her eyes. Eurybe thought of Rhaegar. She thought of meeting him in the city streets. Those sweet emerald eyes that enchanted her. You have brought love back to my heart, Eurybe. I'd rip apart the heavens for you if that's what you'd desire. Her throat was clogged with tears. All she did then was watch the egg and pleaded in her mind that it'd choose her. Both she and the egg were queens left in the ashes of their fallen kingdoms. Rejected by the ones they were destined to rule. Despite the strain she forced the words out and her swaying ceased. Slowly she reached her nose out to touch the egg. 
[/b]

"Please, sweet child
Rise from the darkness with me.
For there is a new world for us to see....
Together.... 
please "

walk walk walk "talk talk talk"

EURYBE

tobi-terror

Helovian Ancient
Eurybe
Abraham
Eurybe
Abraham

1d4 rolled for a total of: 2 (2)

Helovian Ancient
GOLDEN

A creature abandoned, longing for a home, was not so easily swayed by songs of the heart. The heart was corruptible, damaged and transient. Hearts failed. Love failed. But war was forever. Strength was attainable. Perhaps this was why the egg chose, but for the standing, they would never know. The creature would most likely be unable to explain the feeling inside when the egg began to heat up in the presence of the boy and his white dragon.

Flames billowed upward, separating Eurybe from Abraham and the egg. However, laying at her hooves was a trinket from the old, white dragon inside. The token was ejected, dragon's gold and a rare prize from her nest of riches. Perhaps she would notice it was missing, but it was likely she would never know that this thief would carry her prize.

It was a simple but beautiful trinket. A golden star with a white opal in the middle, the size of her hoof. The surface glimmered and gleamed alluringly, and it would never fade or tarnish. Fortunately too, the dragon's magic inside made it rather sticky, and it would follow her until its loyalty lay with another.

On the other side of the fire, the egg rolled toward Abraham, the cracks already beginning to show. The creature inside, golden and beautiful, wanted out. For the first time in centuries, it had a chance to live, and it was clambering at the opportunity.

Helovia is having it's first ever golden dragon drop!

Congratulations Abraham! You win the gold dragon companion.
Also, Eurybe, for being the winner of the first challenge, you get the following:

:: [Item: gold star with white opal | a golden star with a white opal center which never tarnishes and can never be lost]

Abraham Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3 hh :: Three years HP: 71 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time
running all the lights with the girl of his dreams

The other girl danced, and Abraham watched her from the corner of his eye. Gwyneverre grimaced in distaste, desire and want filling her mind and heart. Abraham deserved this egg--he was strong, able, growing. He was the Leviathan, a titan continually climbing the ladder of power in this world. The bonded pair's dances stopped, however, and each looked down to the golden egg that stirred and glowed beneath the presence of the equines and the dragon. A glittering started carefully before another wall of fire burst open and separated Abraham from the desert princess. The monochrome two year old jumped back some, avoiding the lick of the flames. Today was not a day to get singed, especially with what transpired next. The egg, in all of its glory, rolled toward his feathered hooves. In awe, Abraham's dual colored eyes opened wide and his jaw unhinged, dropping ajar. "Gwyneverre...we did it." He muttered, stepping towards the egg and lowering his nose toward it.

The white queen clambered toward the egg. Relief and pride washed over her soul and her bond with the youngling. From her mouth fell a continuous stream of small clicking noises, a comfort to the egg that had chosen so wisely. I knew you deserved it. She shared, placing a hand-like front paw on the egg's surface. The gold inside will make Abraham the strongest. Stronger than father, stronger than the Wildfire. Abraham smirked at her words, gently nosing the small egg. It twitched beneath his touch just as Gwyneverre had done before she hatched, and his heart thumped against his chest in anticipation. "I must return to the Throat and find Reginald and Macaria." He imagined his sister, so curious and pure, amazed at the beauty and glory of the egg in his care. "Gwyneverre, grab the egg and hold on to it on my back. When we get somewhere with more vegetation, you will make a basket for me to carry it in--like I did with you."

abraham
art by neo || coding by neo

Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

pixel by tamme