the Rift

[OPEN] Puzzles in wonderland

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
the girl.

Now she was confused. Hadn't Erebos just said that his parents, who were unicorns, had horns, tails, and hooves like him? So how could it be that she was a unicorn when she possessed no such traits? The only thing the two of them had in common was the possession of a horn. Was that really all it took then? One or more horns, and you were a unicorn? Or at least partially one? She inspected his tail and hooves for a moment wondering what other strange traits other unicorns might have.

"Four." She confirmed with a nod. Another difference - two in fact. Where she had four times the horns that Erebos did, hers curved backwards from her skill, whereas his protruded right from the center of his brow.

As he mentioned Aithniel, the girl felt both excitement and jealousy harden her stare. Of course she knew Aithniel, the two had triumphed over the tasks her father had given them during the flood. Aithniel was one of the few that she had met who was smart, and importantly, accepting of the girl's odd habits. They were friends, or at least the demi-child liked to think they were. It hadn't occurred to her that Aithniel had had other friends. The idea, and perhaps her naiviety, made her feel small and unsire. She tried to hide it behind an enthusiastic nod and forced smile. "I know her. She's my friend too." Perhaps it would have been more interesting had the girl known that she and Aithniel were cousins - it might help to shed some light on her heritage and the mishmash of species that she seemed to be. Sadly, she and the fire-child had been too focused on their tasks for idle chatter. Which, at the time, the girl had liked.

The girl knew what was coming as soon as Erebos offered his name. He is going to ask mine- and sure enough, he did. It only further affirmed in her mind the importance of picking the best name for herself. Had she even had a single conversation where someone didn't ask her name? The girl couldn't remember a single one - unless it was with someone who already knew that she hadn't selected one for herself yet. Her tail swayed gently as she shuffled her wings. Although she felt her reasoning was sound, the question still made her uncomfortable. The stares she usually received made her feel like those around her thought her haughty or condescending. She hadn't met anyone else who took naming as seriously as she did. No one else who understood.

Clearing her throat, the girl shrugged slightly. "I'm just me." She offered, nonchalantly. "Names are important so ... I haven't given myself one yet." She concluded, trying to pre-answer a question that she was sure he would ask.

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Puzzles in wonderland - by Isopia - 03-07-2015, 04:42 PM
RE: Puzzles in wonderland - by Erebos - 03-07-2015, 06:13 PM
RE: Puzzles in wonderland - by Isopia - 03-07-2015, 08:43 PM
RE: Puzzles in wonderland - by Erebos - 03-09-2015, 05:05 PM
RE: Puzzles in wonderland - by Isopia - 03-11-2015, 04:19 PM
RE: Puzzles in wonderland - by Erebos - 03-14-2015, 05:53 PM
RE: Puzzles in wonderland - by Isopia - 03-24-2015, 05:42 PM
RE: Puzzles in wonderland - by Erebos - 03-29-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: Puzzles in wonderland - by Isopia - 04-01-2015, 03:53 PM