the Rift

[OPEN] Glass Feathers

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

As much as Alysanne feared that all her secrets would come spilling out if she spent time with her friends - she had an idea stuck in her head and was looking for a particular friend. She did not spend nearly as much time as she wished with Brisa, something she dearly wanted to change. Her little idea was just an excuse to find the pretty white mare, one of the first friends she had made in Helovia when she wandered here two years ago. Two years! She could hardly believe it and how much has changed since that first day in the Threshold, with a jingling Blitzen and a crying Kahlua.

And now that Arty was here, now that she was a mother again (twice over!) she thought she could start enjoying the peace she felt in the Edge. This was her home, she just knew it. Never before had she felt such a connection with a place and she was worried about whether it could still be her home.

No she said she would not think about such things during the daylight! Dark thoughts were for dark times and she had been careful to make her days busy and full to distract her. There was happiness, after all. Her heart sang to see Miykael so content, so whole, after a year of seeing him broken. And their daughter was never short of a wonder - teaching her kept Alysanne busy! Today it was Miykael’s turn to do the teaching and she found herself leaving their company with regret.

Surely a lie that brought such happiness could be a good thing? She could learn to live with the guilt and keep their family whole.

And today, as the sun moved from high-noon and slipped into a golden Tallsun afternoon, Alysanne’s thoughts shifted to the idea she had come up with a couple days before and to Brisa. “Hemlock, will you help me find her?” She asked the little owl kindly, to which he hooted consent and took off from his perch - taking off through the woods in search of Brisa. Better for Aly to seek her company, he thought, than one of the ladies with the mean dragons. She kept her own green eyes alert as she wandered the shaded forest of the Edge - wondering if their new Glazier would be up for a little visit and a little task.

@[Brisa]
Alysanne</style>
I lit a flame in my heart to guide you home.</style>

image credits
table by boom <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Watching the playful figure of her son go bouncing off to play with someone he had met recently she couldn't help but feel disappointed. It would have been nice to spend the day with Aeolus but how could she really say no when he wanted to go play with a friend. What was she to say? "No you are going to stay home with me and keep me company." Like that would go across well. She would just have to figure out some way to busy her time instead of trying to plot ways to keep her son with her forever. If she really wanted to do something productive she could always go out and find herself a nice looking stallion to occupy her time. While the idea was pleasant and rather alluring she knew better than to trust her heart again. It had been crushed too many times for her to want to give love another chance and risk losing herself all over again. The love she had for her son and her friends would have to be enough.

Turning her back to the sun she decided to take a walk around to see what objects she might be able to find within the shade. You never knew what might be useful to craft something out of. The random baubles that she had used to create the last pendant with had been rather odd yet somehow it still had turned into something decent. Well hopefully it had been something decent considering she had gifted it to Kaj. It would be just her luck to have made something ugly and gift it to someone. Well at least he had said it was nice at the time, that meant there was at least some hope that he liked it.

During her search for trinkets she happened to run into a rather happy Hemlock. Smiling she wickered softly to the little owl knowing that his bonded would not be too far behind him. It was always a pleasure to meet up with her few friends and it was an excellent way to pass the time. Definitely more satisfying than searching for random objects that looked pretty.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @[Alysanne] •• NOTES: Sorry for kinda weird reply lol ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

‘Here! Here!’ The joyful voice of Hemlock echoed in her mind, his deep rumbling tones warring with his youthful enthusiasm. He sent Alysanne a quick image of where they were as he looped around the pale mare, hooting his greeting to her and swooping close to tug affectionately at her mane before making another circle. By that time, his bonded finally showed up.

His happiness was mirrored in the way Alysanne’s face brightened up at seeing her friend as she rounded a tree trunk and met up with the pair. Hemlock, having done his good deed for the day, decided it was a good time for a nap - after one more loop around Brisa before settling into the feathers of Aly’s white wings. “Brisa! How are you my dear?” She hurried forward with a brilliant smile, bumping her muzzle against that of her friend’s. Stepping back, she did the cursory look-over - Brisa had gone through a rather worrisome time not too long ago but appeared to be on the end. Perhaps her newfound responsibilities as Glazier were doing her well! Alysanne wanted to know how they were going, wondered if she had played with the magic at all, but there were other things on her mind as well.

Calming down, the smile fading just slightly, she had to get one thing off her mind first. “Thank you again, for being there when Naerys was born. I shouldn’t have…” Alysanne didn’t like to think about how easily she had given up, how complete the despair had been when she thought that her little girl had died before she even had the chance to live, but there were good things about that day. She had the comfort of three of the family members she held most dear. “Thank you.” She said again, with a little bit more emphasis, hoping that Brisa understood how grateful she was.

@[Brisa]

Alysanne</style>

image credits
table by boom <3
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Smiling brightly at the appearance of her friend the grey turned her attention from Hemlock to Aly. The little owl was so friendly, well most times anyway but that was the same for every living being on the planet. There were good and bad days but it was only worth it to try and look to those good ones to help with moving forward instead of becoming stuck in the past. The pair was lucky to have each other for it seemed to be a special gift to be trusted with a friendship so grand. There had been many times when she had tried to find something similar but it always seemed as if the gods turned her a blind eye finding someone more "worthy" of the responsibility. Perhaps one day she would be seen as someone who deserved that chance to experience something so great and life changing. Accepting the kind greetings the mare eagerly returned the gesture bumping her muzzle against Aly's unable to keep the smile from her face. Today seemed like it was going to be a good or at least a decent day.

"I've been alright, how have you and your family been?" She inquired brightly thinking to the adorable little filly Naerys. That little girl couldn't help but bring a smile to someone's face. but then again most babies seemed to have the same effect. They were so young and innocent when they were that age to bad they had to grow up so quickly. Aeolus had gone from small and perfect to almost the same size as she was in barely a years time. She hated to think that he could possibly get taller but regardless she would love him all the same.

"I was glad to have been able to be there." She replied gratefully with a smile. In her mind there was no need for words of thanks for she would have gladly done it for anyone. She had just managed for once to be in the right place at the right time. Knowing from experience that the while arduous process could take a toll on your emotions she had completely cast aside the question as to what had caused her friend to believe her filly had passed on. Aeolus had given her quite the scare in the beginning but thanks to the support of her dear friends she was able to not give up on him.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @[Alysanne] •• NOTES: Sorry its a little short. ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

“They’ve been well, thank you. Little Naerys grows every day, I can hardly believe how fast!” Remembering that day, trying to stay focused on the warmer parts of it, Alysanne remembered that there was news to share with Brisa. How could she have forgotten! “Do you remember me telling you about my son, Arty? He was there as well, the black stallion. He’s come to stay here in the Edge - wandered to Helovia quite on his own!” Alysanne still could not believe it, and the fact that he was giving her a second chance to be the mother she had failed to be while he was young. With luck, he would not find out about her deceptive plans but for now the two were coexisting peacefully and she couldn’t be happier to have so much of her family present with her.

Brisa said that she was happy to have been there and Alysanne’s eyes just twinkled. “It was good to have my family there with me.” She expressed her love for the white mare fondly, since her first day here in the Edge she and Kahlua had secured a place in her heart. They were her family. A part of her life as significant to her as her children, her companion. Sisters that came to her when she had wandered away from her own.

But, her mind turned to other things - things not obscured with shadowy thoughts and memories. Still that bright smile played across her features and she nearly danced in the spot out of excitement. “Congratulations on your promotion to Glazier, by the way! I’m so proud of you.” How strange to think that just a couple years ago, Kahlua had been in that same position! And now she was queen. Though Alysanne was sad to see Brisa leave the ranks of the healers, she thought this move was a wonderful one. “I was wondering if you’d be willing to practice your skills for a little project I have in mind?”
Alysanne</style>

image credits
table by boom <3

@[Brisa] sorry it took a while! <3
made by the lovely tamme